Accepted [Og_life] Griefing [James][Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Phillip Taylor, Dec 27, 2017.

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phillip Taylor

Phillip Taylor New Member

Today when I tried to login to my account it showed a ban on Skyblock. It was done by Jamesyyy_ for Minor Griefing @ infiinaa. I am not aware of anything that I did that would merit a ban. Can someone please look into this and let me know why I am banned? I did build Infiinaa a cobble stone generator that I was asked to build on the island. That is all I did at infiinaa's island. I did not do anything else to the island or the user. Any information on this would be helpful. If you confirm that I did not do "minor griefing" can you please lift my ban. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Og_life

2. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    SKYBLOCK BAN APPEALS

Complete this form (copy & paste it) to your appeal post. Please be sure to post your ban appeal in the correct section.
    If you lie or don't follow this form, your appeal will not be considered.

In the title write: [Your in game name] Reason for ban [The Person who banned you]

1. Server name (.net / .org ):
    2. In-game name:
    3. Full exact Ban Message:
    4. Did you read the rules ?
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned?
    6. Was this an incorrect ban?
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for?
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned?

3. Phillip Taylor

og_life, griefing, James
    1. Server name .net
    2. In-game name: og_life
    3. Full exact Ban Message: Banned on: 2017-12-27, Banned by: Jamesyyy_, Reason: Minor Griefing - @ infiinaa
    4. Did you read the rules ? Yes
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? I honestly do not know. I built infiinaa a cobble stone generator, that I was asked to build. That is all I did.
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? Yes
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? Yes, for island farming -- before I read the rules.
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? I think I should be unbanned because I was helping a fellow player by building items for them. I was not griefing. I have read the rules and am following the rules. If I did something wrong I would own up to it and accept my ban.

4. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Jamesy - for your consideration.

5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Thank you, iballisticbunny6.
    Good morning, Og_Life. You were banned because a player had reported that you had griefed their spawner and all the grass around it. The only thing that is left on the island is grass. Log block proof shows that it was your account that caused the damage on their island. If you only built a cobblestone generator, could you please explain to me why I have proof that you broke their island?

6. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

7. athyrix

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
  8. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Hidden Content:

9. athyrix

Hidden Content:

10. Phillip Taylor

James,

This is og_life's mother. Thanks for the review of this. I appreciate your time looking into this matter for him. He still states that he only built a cobblestone generator a while ago for infiinaa. He tells me he did not do what the log says. The messages you attached to the thread here are not viewable, so I am not sure what they say. Is there anyway to see if there was a hack or something. I am sure you hear this a lot, but usually my son owns up what he did, but this time he is adamant that he did not do this. If you could please research it again I would appreciate it.

So after reviewing this -- if you could consider lifting the ban at this time I would appreciate it, as would he. If it cannot then we both understand. As a parent I want to thank you and the other moderators for keeping an eye on the players and managing them. I will again speak to him about his online etiquette.

Again, thanks for looking in to this for us. It is our last few days of winter break, and school starts on Tuesday. I would love to be able to login and play Minecraft with my two kids, as I have my own account.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
    Julie

11. athyrix

Hello, Julie! Thank you for your reply to your child’s appeal. Unfortunately, infiinaa said that they do not know who your child was. So either their story or your story is wrong. But what I fail to understand, is how there are logs of your child breaking, what appears to be, some grass blocks. Another staff member has just informed me that your child was recently griefed - first of all, I’d like to apologise that had happened, but second of all, it appeared to the staff that he was very upset during this event, which lead us to believe that he wanted to get someone back for what someone did to him.

I understand that you must be very upset that your child is banned from what might be their favourite server, but the person who was griefed is very distraught as it was a major part of their island that was broken. Could you please ask him if anyone else has access to the account in his possession - such as the login to be able to go on his account. Even if someone else did go on his account, then we wouldn’t be able to unban the account, seen as that account was used to remove the blocks. Usually, with situations like this, the account would remain banned as we cannot verify it was a sibling or another person who was doing the damage.

So my final conclusion is that maybe your child must have accidentally thought that he built the cobblestone generator for another user? I’m sure your child is very well behaved but we have a strict policy on breaking other people’s possessions.

Thank you, and sorry for the grief.
    Regards,
    James.

12. Phillip Taylor

James,

Thanks for looking in to this. His name has been changed, he was monty598 before, is now og_life. Maybe that is why she did not know his name. Regardless, thanks for looking into this. Rebel did grief my son, but as far as I know Rebel was not banned. I know he was upset when he got griefed and I'm sure he wanted 'justice'. But I do not think that he would seek revenge. But again, regardless, your logs said he did something that he said he did not do. No one else has access to his account that I know of. So he and I fully understand your position and the ban. I too am sorry it cannot be lifted or shortened.

I know this will not make up for the loss, but would infiinaa allow him or myself to help her replace and rebuild what was lost?

James - thank you for looking into this and providing my with the information. I will have another talk with my son about his behavior, and that the logs show he did something wrong.

Julie

13. athyrix

Hello again Julie! First off, I’d like to thoroughly apologise that Rebel was not banned. After the appeal, I will be more than happy to go over the situation and hopefully track down the right punishment for them. It might be the case that the name change could have caused the player’s mind to blank, next time I see them in game I will be sure to ask them whether they know your child’s old in game name. That is very kind of you and is a good suggestion. Should we create a conversation with infiinaa to try and return anything that was taken/griefed? If so, then that’s great! Please add me to it as well.

We’ll see whether infiinaa is satisfied with your support, and after that I will decide whether your child can go back to playing on our server.

Sorry for the trouble!
    Regards, James.

14. athyrix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.