NotEric's Finality

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Nomrial, Dec 7, 2022.

?

NotErics, Calidre, OmarsCraft and Ca1 deserve to be given another chance.

1. Support

84.0%
  2. No Support

16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salvation

Salvation Active Member

IGN:
    YoureMySalvation
    punishment kinda fits da crime doe

2. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Explain how

3. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    Perm-bans are last resorts. Apparently 50+ votes later, people believe otherwise.

4. Salvation

Salvation Active Member

IGN:
    YoureMySalvation
    no
    The people in question also have extreme biases and a bandwagon to guide their decision (the power of friendship shouldn't be able to unban anyone either). Don't do heinous stuff if you don't wanna be punished, it's a pretty simple system.

5. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Bias how? What decision? Why would what other people say change how I view the situation? Heinous how? You say these things with no explanation or context.

6. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    Friendship once one out of a whole bunch of statements I provided. Practically being the least important one, I still believe it would be best to include it. "Heinous stuff" had only happened because a key to receiving a 1/1 item was portrayed in front of their eyes. Almost anyone would like their hands on a 1/1 item. I feel if I were invited to this, I would have assisted them in the making of it.

7. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    This is actually incorrect and not the reason we did it.

8. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    Working with half the evidence I had desired to even begin this thread, I apologize for any confusion and misleading information I have said. I do not wish to argue with the people I am trying to help.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  9. Salvation

Salvation Active Member

IGN:
    YoureMySalvation
    Bias because (as mentioned in the og post on this very thread) the perpetrators are well known in this community and are friends to many. The decision to support their unbanning. One may not even believe in the cause, but see so many other well known people say "unban these people what they did is only 85% MALICIOUS YO!" that they agree too just so that they aren't the odd one out. If you don't think that trying to DESTROY all of the maps is heinous then you clearly don't deserve to be unbanned.
    brotha if you ain't fully informed you ain't qualified to b speakin', ya dig?

10. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    You assume people here are scared to have their own opinion which is not the case. I've talked to almost everyone who replies to these kind of threads individually and all have no difference of an opinion as shared publicly. You also missed the entire point of the thread. No one has argued that the incident didn't deserve to be punished, rather not punished by a permanent ban. Your final statement is also blatantly false and you haven't bothered to read anything I've stated. There was no intention to "destroy" the maps, all that was stopped was the creation of new ones not the destruction of old ones. That's a major difference.

You should take your own advice about not speaking if you aren't fully informed because you clearly don't understand everything either.

11. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    giphy.gif

12. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    It's very unfortunate how a 14 year old (me) has to step in and discuss the unfairness of decisions staff (practically adults) make on this server. One direct message from a staff member later, I very much believe this server won't ever reach a better state than it is currently. A selected few staff members think their belief of the server's change is in some way positive. *Cough* A selected few staff members who haven't played on this server in a while is what I meant. They do not care one bit that 50+ votes from majority of naturally active players believe an unban is worth it to save the server from dying down like this. I have not once had an enjoyable day where I have had fun just as much since the day of the gang's ban.

13. athena_x

athena_x Well-Known Member

IGN:
    creationism
    This is not entirely accurate/true. Each map is stored in an individual map file when created by a player. Data for that specific map is stored within that file. By the time you hit the map limit, it affects the server’s performance by quite a significant margin. Not only does it also prevent the creation of new maps, but there is no way for someone on the backend to fix this without rolling back all maps created within the timeframe of when you started (including real maps made by users during that time)

It causes a huge amount of unnecessary work for the people in the backend to try and fix in the first place. Regardless of whether or not you purposefully intended to harm the server, the reality is that you still did, and it caused a major headache to the point where Crew decided that it warranted a permanent ban.

Downplaying the situation by saying that “it would only stop the creation of further maps” is a large stretch of the truth to say the least.

This post is not meant to express my personal stance on your punishment, just simply regarding facts as to what actually occurred.

I see points from both sides of this argument, but the reality is that crew / server management have no reason to just take your word that you won’t decide to do something like this again. What you did had serious consequences, whether your intent was malicious or not.

14. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Incorrect. Server's performance was minimally affected considering the size of the server. The maps were also already at well above 20,000 created before the incident so there really is not any difference between there and the 32,768 maximum. You also seemed to miss the point of my reply which wasn't to say that was all that happened, it was to point out the false statement that hitting the limit destroys previously created maps, which it does not. There was also no player maps created during the time we made the extra maps because it was done in a very short period.

Again, you did not understand the point of my reply. And if you read any appeals, previous comments, etc. you'd see how I've explained this multiple times. I also don't know if I'd call a few hours of work a massive headache.

If they update the server to literally 1.13 or any update later, it's not even possible to do what we did again and they're updating to 1.19

15. NotErics

NotErics Well-Known Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    False, server was at 24k maps, we created 8k more to hit 32k. The servers performance is impacted more by players putting maps into item frames for collections etc.

How long do you think this process took? We did it in such a short timeframe that I doubt any real maps were made by users during that time, and if any were it was very few. (If you were affected sorry)

The point that "they have no reason to just take your word that you wont decide to do something like this again" is dumb IMO. This same statement can be applied to anyone punished for anything on the server. We can only show our remorse through our words, actions, and time spent after getting banned.

It has been shown that no matter how many people we have "backing" us up, or rallying in support of us, the staff team will always have the final decision on our punishment. So the "bias" you're speaking of is just friends people that I have barely know, or never met sharing their opinion on the matter.

I can only speak for myself, but I've also never been close with the staff team? I've had conversations with them etc, but clearly (through our appeals being denied) there is no bias on that front.

16. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo

The problem has long been there and long discussed. Threads closed, suggestions and reports ignored. Bans handed out with staff showing a absolute lack of respect for their positions or the server rules. This is just the way this server is and it’s been going on long enough to know it’s not going to change as that would only happen with the removal of senior staff members.
    I do find it a bit hypocritical that you would be arguing against the unfairness of staff when in the past, you have supported it.

17. athena_x

athena_x Well-Known Member

IGN:
    creationism
    I’m not here to debate the legitimacy of any bans, was simply pointing out that there are 2 sides to every story.

As for players “supporting” for people to get unbanned, obviously the staff are always going to have the final say in situations, that’s literally their job. Players can push for change, but if bans were reconsidered based solely on popularity, it would set a bad precedent. Of course the community isn’t going to have a major say in how bans are considered / revoked.

I think a major factor as to why specific bans such as these are not removed is because they don’t want to set a precedent for revoking permanent bans. If bans as severe as the “end-all be-all” can be revoked, then everyone who gets perma banned will want to appeal, and when they get denied, whats to stop them from then claiming “favoritism from staff by cherrypicking which permanent bans get revoked”?

I also understand that many players feel as though permanent bans aren’t currently being issued as the “end-all be-all” as stated above. As it stands, the system in place would most likely need to be totally redesigned to redefine what actually warrants a “permanent ban” before it would even be plausible to start allowing appeals on permanent bans.

In the end, the most we can do as players is voice our concerns. It may feel like they are falling on deaf ears, but change doesn’t come easily.

18. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    The staffs job is to enforce and uphold the rules of the server and if, with the guidance of the rules and common sense, a player is deemed to deserve a permanent ban, then that is the ruling they give. But when they justify their decision of a permanent ban with false claims and unjust accusations against players, as they did in Calidre's appeal, then something is very wrong because clearly the facts are not enough to justify their ruling.

Drogo has seen rules changed AFTER players have been punished for breaking them! How is that acceptable?

And as for players voicing their concerns, Drogo sees little point in that as they fall on deaf ears.

19. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    I do see your point, Drogo. Things change though as now I no longer believe staff treat things fairly, let alone with respect. Better trained staff seem to be the key to solving this issue-and many more to come.

20. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    "This thread will continue to be updated to the current Skyblock environment. Staff will inform players when the thread is modified." Is a direct quote from the server rules. Apparently staff feel it's okay to punish players with lack of evidence, just because if so and so are put together, there is a possibility of a certain someone being the rulebreaker which doesn't mean it's them. For instance in Drogo's case, anonymous had reported him to a high ranking in the staff team and just because those two are close friends within this community, they thought it was best to follow what anonymous had said. For new rules to be implemented after someone disobeys them is wickedly unfair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.