New incentive for survival

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by Crystal Leach, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Crystal Leach

Crystal Leach New Member

IGN:
    ShayleeKoren
    survival is supposed to be just that.

My Idea will solidify that it's survival, while releasing stress and giving incentive.

Right now survival is basically economy. Just grass is the money. Not to mention the downplay on items received when mining. a lot of it isn't quite fair.

I understand you want to stand out from other servers, and you do a good job on some things.
    With that said, i have suggestions that follow.

Stuff to spend shouldn't be any block, especially grass, its survival all blocks are special. Keys are extra, that should be the money. cause its a players choice to vote and that vote should be able to get spent on the reward. which is an incentive to vote more.

the drop value for items specially in the nether like quarts and glow stone, should be back to the original values. there's no fly in the nether, and your already risking your life to be there. why make it so un rewarding........

Cobble gens....any gens, upgrade should be possible, and paid for, so many people have asked. You would make a profit......................

i have more suggestions. but i will leave dit at this.

always
    ShayleeKoren

• No Support No Support x 6
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  2. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Grass blocks is the original skyblock currency, it works well as it is restricted and not farmable, suggesting to entirely change what the game is and shifting the currency is near impossible as the economy of the server has been running this way for 11 years, changing it will cripple the game entirely and kill the server.

The drop rates of items in the nether are carefully regulated so it doesn't flood the market meaning people can have a source of income that is stable (mostly) and free to do. Changing this to 100% drop will not change how rewarding it is, because if the supply increases dramatically its value will plummet dramatically too, thus not making it any more rewarding.

Cobble gens, sure add upgrades, but again the gen rates are curated to maintain a balance with the items within the economy. Too many of these items available without effort (afk farming stone gens) the more destabilised the economy will become.

3. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    You get keys & grass from voting which I feel is enough incentive to vote already, I know that when I'm on, and I'm on not even for super long most days and I tend to play later at night, I see consistent vote parties with how frequent people do vote. I just don't think there is an issue currently with the economy being grass, if you would like a different type of money you could try the Economy server which does use actual money instead of grass.

The nether was never supposed to be apart of Skyblock so the fact the items are there to begin with is enough. The drop rates are a bit annoying, but in all reality with just a little bit of time, you can easily collect quartz. I got a stack of quartz and a bit more after 20 minutes in the nether.

While gen upgrades are nice, this adds a lot of possible questions. How many upgrades should you be allowed to buy? Is it overall upgrades? Can you upgrade specific ores? How much should these upgrades buff the stuff? How much should the upgrade cost? How much is considered enough of an upgrade vs not? There's lots of shops that sell the gens products for reasonable prices. I just feel like these will bring up more issues compared to what they'd solve.

I'm going to no support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Crystal Leach

Crystal Leach New Member

IGN:
    ShayleeKoren
    I am sorry if you guys at any time thought I was stepping on toes. I was only giving my thoughts based on current gameplay. i buy no means want you guys to change anything drastically. It's not my place. And I am sorry if I offended anyone, because that was NOT intended.

Thank you for reminding me about overflow of certain things.

I get stuck between a love of survival, and I just want to build cool things.

So, I don't know if it's possible...maybe for people who have /fly to have a time limit to fly in the nether?
    And as for drop rates there, i am selfish i just want quarts and glow stone to maybe a bit higher? Like a smidge.

And I think gen upgrades could be a thing. if not paying for that through the site, then maybe, if there was a way to add a certain ore upgrade, to rewards when you complete higher quests/goals?

I was real brave when I wrote my thoughts the first time, not so much now. I feel like I offended people, which was not my intention.

*edit*
    Maybe there can be a way to add keys as payment to the villagers for the in-server store?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  5. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Please don’t ever be sorry for making a suggestion, the server doesn’t get better without people talking about their opinions on what could be better. Your points are not offensive to suggest either, while they may not be the best suggestions in their current form, there is nothing wrong with talking about it. Please don’t take any of our replies to heart, it’s a healthy discussion and there are no bad feelings attached! Keep suggesting things you think could be better!

6. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    reverting the drop rates of the nether does not feel good at all. I believe the values are very healthy now, and in addition to that. All of the farming that has been done by now at those drop rates would certainly feel useless if it'd become x10 easier to get those items.