[.NET] daddytrin's Moderator Application!

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by trinity, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Introduction
    Hello, my name is Trinity. Some of you may know me as “Trin”, though. I have been playing skyblock for some time, and I have applied a few times, but always ended up closing them because I always felt like I was never gonna be promoted, but this time I am keeping my application up. Please note, I may be using some material from my other moderator applications too.

Your in-game name:
    My in-game name is currently daddytrin, but some of you guys may of known me as idktrin.

What time zone are you in?
    I am in the EST time-zone. (-4:00)

What country do you live in?
    I live in the USA.

What languages do you speak?
    I speak English, and I am going to be taking Spanish next year.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I have normal screenshots and I use LoiLo game recorder to record stuff.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
    I think I should become a mod because I am active, mature, nonbiased, friendly, strict, and funny.

I am all about joking around with friends, but when the time comes, I am ready to cut off the jokes and become mature and strict. I am also not afraid to apply the rules while joking around with friends, or do it in a fun way, so it isn’t the same old boring stuff like “Don’t spam”, It’d be done in a more fun way, like Myrm’s ban messages. I am friendly to all people, no matter how much beef I have had with them, or even if they’re someone I don’t even know. I am willing to be everyones friend, an open hand, or a shoulder to cry on. If you want, you can break down and rant to me, and I will listen. I am active as well, surprisingly more active than a lot of you may see. I am on a lot, mostly just not talking. I am more of the silent type during times, but I am never afraid to whip up a conversation. I am normally fairly talkative just as much as I am not. I am also non-biased. I will not hesitate to warn, kick, mute, or even ban someone who isn’t acting right. Even if they’re my friends, I will be true to my staff role. I am also honest and trustworthy, as of I will never lie and I can never bring myself to lie, and a lot of people trust me.

To restate my key points, I am active, mature, non-biased, friendly, strict, and funny.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    As of right now, I have 14 more days of school, so until school lets out, you will mostly see me on at 4 pm to about 9:30-10 pm.

The weekends I may come on all day as I please, but please note I do have an outside life and I do take breaks too.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I’ve been playing since around late 2014-early 2015 under a different account.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

Twice in game and a few times on forums.

-Both time in-games wasn’t for bad reasons. One was requested as of my account was hacked, and second was by console.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    Yes. I moderated a server before it closed a while back.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
    Yes.

Thank you for reading my application. Please leave any and every type of feedback that you want to! Have a good day. :heart:

• No Support No Support x 8
    • Neutral Neutral x 6
    • Support Support x 4
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    FIRST!!
    Rn trin im going with neutral.
    Now i cant judge you on your activity since we have different timezones but i do see you active most of the time. The reason my support status is neutral is I want to see you helping plus maybe be more active in discord?
    Good luck!

3. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Thank you for your feedback, and I normally help in pms and for discord, I’m just too shy to talk.

4. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

werent u making fun of mods like 2-3 days ago

[​IMG]
    are u applying so u can put it on ur resume? : t hi n k in g :

5. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    they have better to do while I don’t

DietPepsi22 mijiperki reasons for no supports?

6. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

understandable <not really since its their lives lol>

but you lack respect and kindness towards others. especially when youre mad. i suggest you work on that before trying to handle a position like this.

7. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

I think you need to steady your current emotional state :heart:

Neautral for now.

8. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Neutral for now. You’re online quite often but you don’t help around as much as I’d like you to help. And also fix what krissy said. You can tag me in a couple weeks to see if I’m willing to change my opinion. Good luck.

~Gamzee24

9. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    I'm also with neutral. I see you very rarely because of timezones but from what I have seen above, you aren't really ready for this role yet. My opinion may change in a while but for now this is my current decision!
    Goodluck Trin! :]

10. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Neutral, although I wish I was supporting.
    The reasons I'm going with neutral have already been provided by Mai.
    You constantly insult the team that you would be working on, and some of the time you seem to not understand any other perspective than your own.

You're a great friend, but you turn on people very quickly if something happens that you don't agree with.
    I.E: When the cooldowns were implemented accidentally and you had a rant directed at me and other staff members.

If you're able to contain yourself a bit more, and try to see things from other people's perspectives, I'll definitely be supporting you.

Good luck Trin :heart:

11. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Okay, thank you for your feedback.
    Krissy never replied unless I'm a blind bat, but thanks for the feedback.
    Okay, thanks for the feedback c:
    thanks xo

12. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

Hey let's be real now, there are a lot of helpers at the moment and to add even more. Let's not get crazy now. If you were an outstanding player I can see why but since you aren't that involved I am saying no

13. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

Neutral, I like you as a friend I do. You're easy to get along with, at least from my experience with you. I think you might have a lot of growing to do, maturing a bit, but we all have been right where you're at. Don't be discouraged at the no supports or neutrals. If you're serious about this, keep trying and don't give up. I know how easy it is to be set off by numbers. Just try to be the best you. :) Good luck, and if you need to talk to someone about anything I am here.

14. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Sorry it was Mai. I saw some Japanese whatever profile picture and I didn’t see the name. Apologies.

15. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

oof, all the BTS fans are quaking.

16. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    I am leaning more towards no support, but I do think in time you would make an excellent staff member! So maybe in the future with some growth I will change to support! As for now I stand with no support.

You are a great friendly face on this server, but I think your comments are a bit too inappropriate for someone who may be staff one day. It seems almost everyday someone is warning you about language. I think if you lowered your comments to about PG/PG-13 it would help out greatly.
    Next, I don't see you help out really in chat, a lot of people are very shy, but if you are staff, you can't be afraid to intervene. And it's okay to say something and be wrong, staff members had to learn the ways as well.
    Then finally, I think your emotional stance is something that could interfere with your staff position. You are constantly bringing your emotional state onto the server and/or forums, and even though it's harsh, a work environment is no place for that. You need to keep a strong stance so players won't push you around to get their way. In time this will change. You are still growing as a person. Soon you will learn how to balance out these emotions and you will be an even stronger person, and a great mod as well.
    I'm glad you applied, best of luck!

Edit: After thinking this through a little more, I have thought of a few more things I should mention.
    Regarding your online status. Even though you may technically be "online" you are AFK for a majority of that time, which means you would be missing way too much in chat.
    And again with chat, you are often very negative. I don't think you have to be all rainbows and sunshine 24/7, but you could definitely try to add a little positivity to chat, instead of encouraging the negative.
    (Because I am your friend, I pay attention to your time in-game, much more than the average person would. This allows me to bring to attention improvements that I think you are fully capable of. I don't mean this to be malicious in any way, if you want to talk more about this we could talk on discord :heart:)

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  17. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    I have to close this for a while due to personal reasons. I don't know how long this will last, or even if I will reopen this. I will tell certain people why this evening when I'm back home, if I can get on. If not, I'll tell them tomorrow morning. You can dm me if you wanna know why, though. I will try to tell certain ones, but it just depends if I trust you or not

18. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    I have reopened this, kind of at a bad time, because I'm gonna be gone a lot this week, but pretty much I wasn't on for two weeks because I lost wifi, and in two days it is my birthday so I'm going shopping and getting stuff on that day so I won't be on, then sometime in July I won't be on again for camping, and my birthday party

19. Parrot

Parrot Guest

That sucks, I won’t be on the computer for 2 weeks as my computer broke.

However, my status on this application is Neutral leaning to support.

Coming from a friend, and player, you are a very nice person in general. Sometimes though, I feel like you’re distracted with things going outside of Skyblock. (If you know what I mean) I also would like you to work on a little bit of your maturity as well.

Other than that, you’re A-Okay.

Don’t let your dreams stay dreams!!

Regards,
    Landon

20. Parrot

Parrot Guest

Bump, also. I'll change to a full support.

Trin, what you did today was truly inspirational. You came out to not only me, but 3 of our other friends about your personal life. After all that you have been through, you could've not have told us, but you did.

That just shows that you have passion in you. That you care for not only yourself, but for anyone you can think about. I believe you have the opportunity to do make a difference in the real world.

Moderator or not, you have the choice to make something good. Even if it's just making someone's day.

Landon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.