[.Net] Add Nether Quartz (AKA Raw Quartz) To The Shop(s)

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Wilson__, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilson__

Wilson__ Active Member

Hi, if you are going to support the following then please leave a reply of your support (or there lack of) and a reason for your support/non support. This will benefit everyone :) Thanks!

I believe that nether quartz should be for sale at /warp grass again like it was back in 2013. If not make at least the redstone comparator available. With the addition of hoppers I can finally make sorting machines but each item sorter requires a redstone comparator and 3 hoppers. The iron is expensive enough so please don't make the nether quartz/redstone comparator expensive. Currently 1 diamond can get 4 blocks of quartz (warp donor). So instead of blocks of quartz can you make it 16 nether quartz (4 nether quartz crafts into 1 quartz blocks)? This is way overpriced compared to what nether quartz cost back in 2013 at warp grass but is comparable to the price that is currently set on the blocks (back then it was 1 grass per 8 nether quartz). To compare that to the price I suggested to the previously established price, the suggested price is 3,200% more expensive than it was back in the final months of 2013.

Warning! Math is within this spoiler tag (it is to prove the price comparison above)

The benefits of having the nether quartz for sale would be the ability to do more advanced redstone mechanics (like BUDs through the redstone comparator), daylight sensors (for automatic lighting or other functions), and in 1.8 the new blocks (Diorite, Polished Diorite, Andesite, Polished Andesite, Granite, and Polished granite). As you can see this item is the basic ingredient for many items and it is impossible to acquire them since the Nether is disabled (unless you trade for the already purchased nether quartz).

Something players, moderators, server administrators, and server owners could all benefit from this item being added is one really important thing:

Less lag!

That's right! Thanks to gnollmar and his comment I realized that redstone mechanics that use nether quartz in the crafting recipe are less lag prone than normal redstone. In gnollmar's example, he was talking about instead of having an infinitive clock constantly pushing pistons every few seconds, he could replace his redstone circuity with some redstone comparators. The benefit with this is there is less server lag and it is much less annoying for the players around those noisy pistons. Other redstone designs can benefit from the daylight sensors. This will reduce lag by taking away long delayed clocks that are constantly running (hopper clocks, large looped redstone repeater clocks) and achieve the same results. So the point to take away from this is nether quartz can make less lag on the server if it was more easily available

This doesn't even begin to touch the benefits of the other blocks that come from nether quartz. So for the sake of all things human, please add this item into one of the shops.
    [​IMG]

Update

Several people have asked for just redstone comparators to be added to the shops and not nether quartz to satisfy the redstone crowd. However, the problem with that is these items will not be obtainable unless individually added to the shop (nether quartz is the main ingredient, or is one of the main ingredients for the following):

Block of Quartz
    [​IMG]
    Chiseled Quartz Block
    [​IMG]
    Pillar Quartz Block
    [​IMG]

Quartz Stairs
    [​IMG]
    Quartz Slab
    [​IMG]
    Daylight Sensor
    [​IMG]
    Redstone Comparator
    [​IMG]
    Diorite
    [​IMG]
    Polished Diorite
    [​IMG]
    Andesite
    [​IMG]
    Polished Andesite
    [​IMG]
    Granite
    [​IMG]
    Polished Granite
    [​IMG]

I know this is a long list, but this just shows the importance of nether quartz being added, not just the redstone comparator.

TL;DR:

Adding nether quartz to the shop(s) for a reasonable affordable price will benefit everyone (to include the ones trying to make money off of the item) and improve the overall experience of skyblock while enabling the crafting of 13 additional blocks.

• Support Support x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. nfkb

nfkb Well-Known Member

It doesn't work like that. Block of Quartz are set such because of the design and it looks good than most other blocks.

16 Raw Nether Quartz for 1 Diamond? Are you kidding me? NO!! 1 raw nether quartz costs 5-10 Diamonds. Setting such prices would not only destroy the economy, because there would be immense inflow of them, and more and more users would be using comparators rather than repeaters, but it would be disappointing to all the users who have spent fortune on stacks and stacks of these items.

Besides, its skyblock. The entire point of skyblock is to start from basic and advance to a high technology resource, which are rarely available. Its like evolution here, you have to evolve yourself and your island. You have to start from the basics, and get resources that are difficult to obtain(raw nether quartz, etc.)

Don't build a sorting system, its just a waste of time, and hoppers are way too slow. You get more accomplished with a sorting system, then with a sorting system. Sorting system is for the lazy people.

But yeah, majority of the users who have raw nether quartz don't want them to be added on the /warp donor because of the cost and somewhat a rare. I'm sorry, but you'll just have to work around it for now. If you really want to buy it, then buy it from the players.

3. Adrian_Monk_

Adrian_Monk_ Experienced Member

I support this. I hate it when people complain about how adding a very useful item to the shop will "ruin the economy" at this point, anything to take more diamonds out and replace them with a much needed item is fine by me. Definately support.

4. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Support. I think people would really enjoy this.

5. BryanTran1

BryanTran1 Active Member

Support
    I wonder why they removed it :3

6. Hannah

Hannah Boss Member

IGN:
    larrythebird101
    Support.

7. nfkb

nfkb Well-Known Member

You know, sand is far more useful item than quartz. And you do realize that with addition of quartz, you can create better & advance redstone mechanics...allowing a better/faster production/shifting of an item. This causes addition of the items which were hardly available, makes it more readily available...causing deflation. This defeats the purpose of "economy."

Its survival of the fittest...you need to learn how to thrive in this economy, which means compensating yourself for the inflation of a certain item. If you cannot, then you lose. Simple.

Its actually quite interesting how this current economy of SkyBlock can teach you so much about business, if you really paid attention to the tiny details, which can help you in the future IRL. So learn to thrive yourself in the economy. Buy the resources available from the players. Its all about supply and demand. Adding it WILL ruin the economy. Simple. Period. I don't understand how you don't get this simple concept. lol :p

There are multiple raw quartz available in the economy, buy them from the players.

8. BoomBoom

BoomBoom Well-Known Member

Support.

9. Wilson__

Wilson__ Active Member

Why would it be a bad thing is people used redstone comparators? Just curious.

Your price of 5-10 diamonds is only exists because there is no supply. This is not the actual value of the item. The actual value of the item is a nether quartz ore and some fuel, a furnace, and labor/collection of raw materials. It is outlandish to say that the economy would be destroyed because one item has more supply than it did before. Yes, this will affect the economy, like all changes made to Skyblock, but this will not in anyway destroy it. The only possible way for this to destroy the economy is if everyone bought and sold with nether quartz (or at least owned a lot of them a payed a high price for them) and then the price suddenly became lower causing the value of everyones items to deflate (this would never happen though because if the item is as common place as I stated then the price would be way lower (supply and demand))

Its pretty rude to consider people like me lazy because I enjoy advance redstone circuitry and the benefits that comes about it. Yes from one point of view it would be lazy to build an elevator in minecraft instead of just using ladders or jumping, but from another point of view it's an accomplishment that you were able to build an elevator in minecraft. Same goes for an auto sorting machine. Mind you the build of this infinitely expandable contraption is relatively simple, the redstone mechanics behind it is quite complicated. Also, it is your opinion that hoppers are too slow and that you will get less accomplished without a sorting system. I happen to believe they are plenty fast enough for this use and the efficiency achieved with the sorting system is well worth the time building it.

As a side note, just because someone likes efficiency does not mean they are lazy.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  10. SourceForums

SourceForums Active Member

I support this idea. Not only is it 'requested' by so many players - like, a lot, I feel like it's something that should be easy to obtain (For redstone). Sure, it is declared as a 'rare' now, and it may 'ruin the economy', but that's only temporary. If we keep on going against these suggestions because of the economy, I doubt we'll ever get anything new implemented into the system.

11. Adrian_Monk_

Adrian_Monk_ Experienced Member

Skyblock.net isn't an economy server. While certain items shouldn't be easy to access, they all should be accessible if they are as useful as nether quartz. Now things like bedrock and sponge shouldn't be put in the shop because they have no use. I'm not going to say anything about diamonds because diamonds are so entrenched as skyblock's ultimate money item, but nether quartz is an extremely useful item that normal players should be able to get. I want the rares to be vanity items like heads and dragon eggs. I am so sick of players hoarding tons of quartz and shooting down any threads suggesting bringing it back because they're so worried about their virtual wealth. It's a video game. Have fun. It's not real life. Get over it.

12. nfkb

nfkb Well-Known Member

I'm not going to further comment on this, because I don't think people understand the consequences of adding raw quartz, and its impact on the economy.

13. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Skyblock.net is not the economy server. The economy is all in players minds so they have some form of basis to trade their items, make "money" and create more order. You think it will harm the "economy" when it actual fact it will be a good thing. Its a useful item, it has no harmful effects and its something we should have access too. Quartz blocks were added to the store with no harmful affects. Horse eggs were available in the shop with no negative consequences. As long as the prices stay relatively the same as what players thing the cost is, then nothing will happen.
    Its the players that take this "economy" too far that ruin the gaming experience for us who would like to spend our diamonds on things that could further our creativeness on the server and enhance our experience.
    Stop this rubbish.
    Support fully.

14. rocky7239

rocky7239 Experienced Member

Support, would be great for many players :)

15. (Deleted)

(Deleted) Guest

Support.

16. TortoiseSpeed

TortoiseSpeed Well-Known Member

17. NacCraft

NacCraft Well-Known Member

Put a [.NET] next to the thread. I'm a [.ORG] player and I'm completely fine with it.

18. Wilson__

Wilson__ Active Member

As requested

19. Reef_Wolf

Reef_Wolf Member

Definitely support.

(I don't want hijack the thread) But to "save the economy" why not have a notice bored in /warp donor with items that will be available soon to give people a 1 month warning that these items will be available soon? That way it will give the people a chance to sell it and make some $. Or just set the price at a high level (5 dia/ piece).

20. SourceForums

SourceForums Active Member

Nup, that won't work. Think about it - if the seller knows that the rare'll be back, so would the buyer. They have no reason to buy the iten for a higher price when they know it's going to be sold cheaper soon at a warp.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.