Global Nerf Island value of stone bricks.

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by KhalDrogo, Jan 18, 2021.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Perhaps a bit more review of some other block values are needed as well.
    Clay based blocks for instance should have their value increased. Clay, Terracotta and glazed terracotta are some of the nicer blocks available and expensive as can only be obtained at /warp trade.
    Drogo had previously suggested a more dynamic algorithm for block values but it appears it wasn’t ever considered.
    This was before Dexuby ’s time though.
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  2. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    I would actually love to see a stone brick island : (

However, support!!!

3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    After the latest global update, leaderboards are now a better representation of top islands. Great job Dexuby.
    However with second place islands on both servers, still primarily made up of stone bricks, Drogo feels that nerfing of stone bricks is still required.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    Shouldn't this be marked as implemented?

5. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Eh, technically stone bricks weren't nerfed the block value algorithm was just changed and Drogo here still thinks that stone bricks need to be nerfed even more.

6. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    The suggestion regarding the change in algorithm was made way back in October 2019. It was thought to be lost to the nether so this one was created.
    The exact algorithm suggested wasn’t implemented and so masses of stone bricks are still resulting i high island levels
    You only need look at Woroes’s island and Habersons and think which should sit higher on leaderboards

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  7. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Ahem,

You posted this on, Apr 27, 2021
    Therefore, yes you still think stone bricks need to be nerfed. I don't know why you need to argue everything that is presented to you.

8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Refresh the page Skam

9. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Refreshed? Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for everything I stated is still there?

10. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Not quite

11. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Oh, you changed your response to my first thread response.

But I feel you still do believe stone bricks should be nerfed even more cause as of May 22, 2021.

You stated:
    I was just telling the user badpeteno why this thread isn't fully labeled as implemented. Seeing as the title of this thread is Nerf Island value of stone bricks.

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Yeah. Drogo does believe it’s not quite right Woreoes V Haberson being the obvious case.

Some people believe Drogo made this suggestion to serve him self so Drogo will just say that back in October 2019 when the suggestion was made, Drogo wasn’t even in the top 10 on leaderboards and it was around the time that slime blocks were being used to boost island levels. Drogo had hoped it would be a one time implementation that would solve mass placement of high-ish level blocks.

13. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    All this is well and good, but my question is "are we not observing a nerf to stone bricks implemented" and thus should the thread not be marked as implemented and archived? Also, woot woot, #1 on eco!

14. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Technically this has not been implemented but depending on the new algorithm it might not be applicable any more.

15. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

KhalDrogo This is what Dex told me,
    I interpret this as being the more blocks you place of the same kind the lower the blocks value drops. However, that's all Dex told me so I could be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    I don't know the equation or how it works now, but I believe each block still has some sort of value, like an emerald block is still more than a wood log. So stone brick is still a high level block it just gets nerfed if its the only block but it still has a high contributing factor to island level

17. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Sounds a fairly similar idea to implemented suggested which is detailed in this thread.

Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

Drogo created a spreadsheet showing how his algorithm worked here:

Island level/block value - Google Sheets

In this example it shows how a large percentage of slime blocks results in a reduction of its final, per block, value. Blocks that make up a lesser percentage of the total have their vales changed minimally.
    The base block values are random but it shows how the algorithm works.

Choc0_ Orange mentioned that he placed a bunch of blocks which actually lowered his island level. This wouldn't happen with the algorithm that Drogo suggested so what was implemented was clearly different.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021