Name a Game thats better than this Blockgame.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Marcy, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I meant to say Terraria :>. But I do have minecraft an a Linux (When I'm saying linux I'm referring to linux mint) machine that only lets me play 1.14+ and crashes with an older version. Let's get to your questions.

1. ?
    2. From minecraft.net's linux version.
    3. By pressing the taskbar shortcut I added I think.
    4. IDK
    5. 2-4 GB on the minecraft one, 2 GB on the terraria one.

2. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I still haven’t decided whether I prefer 3 or 4.

3. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Asphalt 9 legends is a good game, pity it's only on switch as far as I know. But it's freeeeeeeeee

4. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    I don't know as much about linux as I do windows, but as you've only allocated 2gb, sounds to me like you're running out of memory

5. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    That's pm a terraria running laptop that doesn't really lag, my windows 10 machine has 8 GB of ram total I think and my main minecraft account gets 2 GB of that and my alt gets 2 GB.

6. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    (Not double posting because posts don't count is off-topic(EDIT: i think)) Minecraft_screenie.png

7. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    now i'm confused, I thought you were crashing on linux?

8. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Using terraria but I thought you were referring to minecraft on windows :p. It's not a big deal with the crasging. One thing though, it corrupts my player but not world. :>

9. fathercourt

fathercourt Senior Member

IGN:
    fathercourt
    i would definitely have to say the Sims

10. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    pm me on discord - phr33z#8881. I feel like you haven't installed JRE properly and that's the reason you're crashing, as 1.13 and above I'm fairly certain can run without java... but then again, who am I to know?

Since it's linux mint/ubuntu package management its apt-get - which I'm not that familiar with. I'm more farmiliar with archlinux's pacman system :/ (I've never used Linux Mint, I barely got used to Ubuntu and I've been dualbooting archlinux).

If installing the RPM package from Download Free Java Software didn't work. From what I can tell you're fairly new to GNU/Linux... or I've just majorly overcomplicated things for myself and skipped over the simple bits :p

Some things before we start.
    Tarball = A downloaded file with the extension .tar.gz
    JRE = Java Runtime Environment - essentially what you install when you run the Install Java executable
    JDK = Java Development Kit. Not needed in this situation.
    Clone = git clone <github repo>
    Repo = Repository
    Shell = Essentially a Batch file for Linux. Uses Bash code instead of Batch.
    Terminal = Self explanatory.
    Directory = The path of folders that you take to get to a certain file or folder.
    mkdir = creates a new directory
    cd = changes directory
    sudo = most known command but if you don't know, runs as root (Root is essentially the equivelant to Administrator privelages on Windows)

From what you've posted about using Windows, I feel like I can tell you're dual booting. So I'll also recommend that if you want to use your dedicated GPU instead of your integrated graphics (CPU), you'll need to install primusrun if you're on a laptop. I'd wish that Nvidia drivers would actually properly work on a dual boot GNU/Linux installation =_=

note: ONLY install Primus/bumblebee if you have a dedicated GPU and are using a laptop. You don't need it if your on a desktop or if you don't have a dedicated GPU
    example: I have a i7-8750H and a GTX 1050 Mobile in my Acer Nitro 5 [AN512-52-75K7] laptop. I dualboot ArchLinux, and the Nvidia graphics drivers (sudo pacman -S nvidia nvidia-utils nvidia-lts and literally everything else) didn't work - annoying as it stayed on Vsync (even when disabled), only managed to disable it by installing primusrun. It's still stupidly slow and I have not a clue why (30fps-70fps). I need answers. RedstoneTrails REEEEEEDSTOOOONE

Edit #17: Hopefully this is more understandable

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  11. fathercourt

IGN:
    fathercourt
    are you RedstoneTrails

12. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I edited the post check again. at the bottom

13. fathercourt

IGN:
    fathercourt
    rightly so

14. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I've edited that huge tutorial a lot - its now cleaner, doesn't take as much space and easier to read, and hopefully a *lot* easier to understand

15. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I mean - I only used minecraft on linux when I'm traveling and uh, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.