My final adieu.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ILostMyKeys, Feb 24, 2019.

1. ILostMyKeys

ILostMyKeys Active Member

Well, I've been putting this off for a little while.
    As a brief intro of sorts, I'm ILostMyKeys, Previously known as Will2Kill, following being known as Hotshotgundalek(my in-game name and the name of my old forum account.)

I'm not very active on this server, nor the forums anymore. I bet most of the people reading this don't even remember me, I've just been a lurker. For a while, I used to just play on .ORG when it was, .ORG with people like keeper_of_flame, a few others but that was all so long ago I've somewhat forgotten now, I apologise to all of you. I don't even play Minecraft that often anymore, I used to play it semi-religiously, everyday for hours and hours, valuing it above schoolwork or any other pursuits. That eventually stopped, and I slowly drifted off Minecraft. I still come back, here and again. Some of my classmates made a server for just the small group of us, so I got into that for a bit over the Winter holidays. Before that, times I was feeling down, I'd go back, and feel the nostalgia of just opening up and seeing that loading menu, hearing that ambience music, that music that plays over the game if you don't turn it off and how nostalgic and sad that makes me feel. Minecraft is a thing I go back to when I want to have fun, but not something I can hold onto like I used to.
    That brings me back to Skyblock. I used to visit the forums daily, make witty comments on my profile, talk with people, just generally jest around with people like Myrmidous, and just generally had fun. The community and the small groups that came and went were all so lively and I adored it. It was fun and kept me coming back and enjoying myself. The people who thrived in the community have always been great, I know I've been through some rough patches in my life and people on here jumped to help, namely Myrmidous and LimeCoconutShake, with conversations that I recall are now years old. I've been here since I was ten, and seeing as I've been here over five years now(my original Forum profile, Hotshotgundalek, was created on Feb 7th, 2014 and I was playing longer than that), I thought I might call it quits. It's been long over-due, anyways. This site has seen me transition from when I first really got into internet culture to where I am now, for better or worse. I don't know if this post got ramble-y, I wanted to keep it short and sweet and just get it off my mind. I'll probably poke my nose in here and there to post something mildly humorous or witty, but I might as well leave it here.

To those who I knew, and those who know me, I love you and thanks for the fun times I got to have here. It was really a sweet time.

TL;DR I'm leaving, I quit the server a while ago and I've been playing for 5 years now and I think it's time to throw in the towel. Also if you want to contact me on Discord, AVeryWittyName#0920. Go ahead and send me a message, or a friend request.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

Sad to see you go o/ hope you have a wonderful life

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Have a good time away from here ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    I remember you replied to my Introduction to the forums.

It's been 11 months now..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    It's always sad to see anyone leave, but we all have our times at some point. For me, although we never really spoke, you're always someone I recall seeing around forums. Good luck out there, and see you when you poke your nose in and out. :hah:

• Friendly Friendly x 1