Accepted [ mrsquid16 ] Hacking [ Bdarkslayer ][Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by mrsquid, Aug 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsquid

mrsquid Member

Note: I did not try to post this twice for it to get more attention. I sent this first to mineverse's ban appeals and they told me to post here. I have altered it to better fit the format on here.

1. In-game name:

mrsquid16

2. Full exact Ban Message:

Banned on: 2020-08-11
    Banned by: Bdarkslayer
    Reason: Hacking [Bdark]

(length was originally 31 days)

3. Game mode banned on: [OP PvP, Skyblock, etc]

Skywars

4. Did you read the rules ?

Yes.

5. Why do YOU think you were banned?

First reason is probably more likely. The day after i had Been unbanned i was playing on the map with the giant tree in the middle of the map. i was going around the tree at mid and i hear/see an opponent jump on me. I react quickly and manage to knock him off. He shouts "Hax" in chat as he falls into the void. Now i will admit, this fight was really strange. On my screen he was perfectly in reach but i don't think he managed to land a single hit on me. This could have happened due to some of these reasons (possibly multiple of them). Please note that these are just speculation.

• Maybe his crosshair just missed my hitbox
    • Due to my ping, his ping or both, our positions were not the same on our screens (and possibly on the screen of a moderator watching)
    • Maybe he rubber-banded a few blocks back and this didn't show on my screen before i started hitting him
    • Maybe he got "stunned" (i'll explain this below)
    I've been getting this problem on your server, where you can sometimes get "stunned". When this happens, you are unable to move or look around. I think it can sometimes prevent knockback, but i've seen cases where it does not. It can sometimes be caused by a player hitting you in a environment where there are blocks that are not of the typical size, like anvils, chests and different levels of snow. The middle of the tree map has a lot of blocks, slabs, flower pots, tall grass and water. This might be my personal problem, but i've heard people say that they got stuck. Maybe they had the same problem?

My second reason is not as in-depth as this is a subject i don't really know about. As i have never been a moderator on a minecraft server, i don't know what kind of mistakes they make. But is it possible, that i was mistakenly banned again for the same reason? (check question number 7)

It could have been for some other reason too. I was getting stuck on a lot of things that day.

6. Was this an incorrect ban?

Yes! I have never cheated on mineverse.net or skyblock.net. I use badlion client which to my knowledge does not come with mods not allowed on your server. If you feel that it does, feel free to tell me and i'll stop using it on your server.

7. Were you ever banned before on Mineverse? If so, what for?

I was banned for "hacking" on skywars on 2020-08-10. A moderator suspected me of using "fastbow". However i sent an appeal and the ban was deemed incorrect.

8. Why do you think you should be unbanned?

Because the ban reason was incorrect. I did not hack/cheat on your server and i have no plans to ever do so. As a player who likes to play competitively i understand how hacking can affect everyone's experience on the server. I've been thinking of starting to use shadowplay which would save footage at all times. This is not only to prove my innocence in situations like this. It can also be used to record evidence of other people cheating on your server. I wish to only make the experience better for everyone on mineverse.net/skyblock.net.

9. Have you changed your in-game name within the past month?

Nope. This has always been my IGN. Feel free to check that on nameMC.

10. If you know, tag the member of staff that banned you

Bdarkslayer

11. Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct?

I do.

I'd like to see the footage and i am willing to show more proof if possible via this thread or on discord (ask for details).

P.s. Bdark i don't think you need to put your tag on the ban reason as it already shows who banned you.

Also why are old ban appeals public?

2. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey there MrSquid,

I want to start off by saying thank you for appealing and opening this line of discussion between us. I do think you may be confused as to when you were banned. I was not involved in the game during this investigation. The map that you were playing had no tree in the center and was an iced based map with no water.

Throughout watching you play, I noticed the following infractions.
    • Speed Mine (Player utilized speed mine to mine 3 ice blocks in the same timeframe of 1 block)
    • Killaura/Possible Aimbot (Player instantly turned around on an approaching player while looking in a chest. Attacking player did not have the opportunity to hit the defender (mrsquid). Defender attacked the attacker with 3 hits which killed them.
    • Bridging (Player built a bridge faster than normal. Could be based off fast vanilla movement. If using Speed Bridge, there is an issue).
    In addition to viewing this firsthand on my screen, another Moderator (Athyrix) was present.

I did just review my footage to confirm my initial findings. Please let me know what your thoughts are on the above statements so we can proceed further. I am currently out of town so my responses may be delayed (significantly at times) but you will receive a response when it is deemed appropriate.

Regards,
    Bdarkslayer.

3. mrsquid

mrsquid Member

Hello. Thanks for responding!

I am familiar with the ice map so even though i might not remember the exact game i can still probably guess all the scenarios. I'll tackle the claims in order.

• The ice map has one chest hidden under three blocks of ice on every starter island. There is also a chest in a "lump" of ice at mid. I assume you were talking about these two cases where you have to break three ice blocks to get to the chest. My first guess is kinda simple and i don't mean to insult you or Athyrix with this. Is it possible that you did not see me use a pickaxe or just didn't know that a pickaxe is the correct tool for breaking ice? It takes about the same time to break one block of ice by hand as it takes to mine three with an iron pickaxe, which i think spawns in every chest. Or is it possible that me holding the pickaxe was not showing on other screens? One last explanation i have for it is lag. Lag spikes occur on the server. I have heard other people say they felt them at the same time. Could i have been mining the ice during a lag spike?
    • The middle of the ice map is one of the unsafest middles on the server. With a successful pearl attack it is easy to take care of a person at mid. Other good way to attack is to build a bridge and attack when the person at mid is not paying attention. That's why it's important to be very aware of your surroundings if you are at mid. The approaching player could only have attacked in two ways. He either pearled to the island or built a bridge. When someone pearls you can hear them taking damage. pearling in vanilla always takes around 1.5-2.5 of your health. As the player was described to not have an opportunity to hit me i don't think he pearled directly into my hitbox. This would leave me time to hear the sound and determine which direction the sound came from. And as these attacks happen often on the map, i was already prepared for attacks like this. I often use a rod to start a combo before in hitting range and w-tap to maintain the combo.(letting go of the w key and hitting it again. This is done because the first hit of a sprint does more knockback, making comboing easier). The opponent clearly had low armor as i beat them in 3 hits. It is also possible that they got stuck when pearling in since there are different levels of snow. Blocks like this can often make you get stuck. In a scenario where the attacker got stuck, i could just come from the side and start hitting them without them even having a chance to properly move their cursor. The other way is to just build a bridge to mid. I always look around to see how far people have bridged so i have an idea of who is most likely to attack me next. If the bridge is from above, i can probably hear them take fall damage and react fast. If the bridge is level with the island i can still hear them walking/running towards me and possibly even the last blocks they placed. A nearly instant reaction could also just be me "baiting" the opponent by acting unaware of him and turning around at the last second. This can be identified with me seeing an almost/fully complete bridge before starting to act like i'm just looking in the chest. This scenario even works for pearl attacks but in that case i was probably clearly looking at them hold a pearl in their hand (optifine provides zoom so it's not that hard) or it was a player that i have seen buying shop items often. The fight could have also been affected by ping in the way i explained in my original message.
    • Speed bridging is nothing new to skywars and as my techniques are not that impressive, i don't really understand how they could look like they are automated. I use the simple way to go faster when bridging which is unshifting and shifting again after placing a block. I'm not that good at this so i only do every it on every other block placed when going straight. I do the same thing when going diagonally as you can only unshift after placing two blocks. I can show a clip of me doing this on a normal version of 1.8.9 if you want to. It could have been possible that i was affected by lag while bridging. Sometimes when i bridge it stops making block placing sounds for a while and then they all happen a second later at the same time. I assume this looks to others like i had paused and then bridged 3-6 blocks in a millisecond.
    I think my internet connection has been really bad recently and i will try my best to get it fixed. What do you think about the possible reasons i listed? Please do let me know.

4. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.