Moderator Application: Gamzee24 [USA] [.NET]

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Gamzee24, Feb 7, 2018.

?

What are your feelings toward me about mod?

1. I think you're perfect for the job (Support)!

2. You're ok but you need to work on a few things (Neutral).

3. No, you need to work on a lot more things (No support).

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    If you are talking about my actions several minutes ago, please provide screenshots in a pm with me.
    Otherwise, thanks for your opinion. I’ll try to be more mature.

2. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I have added a new Welcoming section in my app! Instead of going back to page 1 and scrolling though to read it, just read the reply I put above for you!
    Thanks!

~Gamzee24

3. Armaganndon

Armaganndon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    armaganndon
    LOL no support, you dont help in chat, you repeat mods, and you're immature. Then you proceed to come on discord saying "I got rekt" when i got muted LMFAO

4. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

He also bullies people :(

5. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    What does that mean? I repeat what mods say? That's not a bad thing tho.
    I didn't know telling cold, hard facts was bullying.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I really feel you need to improve on some things to be considered.

Firstly, you become defensive when you are given criticism and you argue with others excessively when people disagree. With this you become known as someone who isn't open to change. Part of moderating is having your beliefs and ideals challenged to work with a team. If you keep rejecting improvements and feedback then you won't grow as a person, and thus won't gain your goals.

Which brings me to my next point which is how you handle tough situations. Not everyone will like other people. Some might even harass and try and poke and prod to get reactions out of people. You let them get a reaction out of you. That isn't helpful. If you cannot ignore the people doing this or even report it without making a scene then how are you going to handle it when you have nothing to hide behind because you have to handle it professionally? Prove now that you can handle the pressure, get staff to intervene when necessary and watch how staff handle things. Ask staff like Kera, Fun or other Smods how you can let this not bother you so much.

Which now comes to how you act towards others. Sometimes I don't think you understand that you can be a little mean to others. The key here is to think before you say. Think "would i be angry or upset if someone said what I am going to say to myself". Think how you want people to treat you. Project that onto others regardless if they are mean to you. Because they will look like horrible people if they start picking on someone who is really nice and respectful all the time. I know you are a nice person but when under pressure or in a disagreement, you aren't the same.

If you work on some of these things, in future you could be a good mod. If you use that determination and tenacity in a good way it may work out good. For now you have a lot to work on and I hope you do. Good Luck :)

7. Queen

Queen Guest

ILY KRISSY

re no support

8. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I'd rate your post informative but I cant't because my perms got taken away for a month sadly.
    I am a person who likes to defend himself in these kinds of situations. I understand that I should let this go if I really want to be a moderator. I won't be too defensive and I'll try not to start arguments, but the one with Arma in the discord was not meant to be started. I just don't really think that adding your opinion to a question that has been answered is necessarily a bad thing.
    I'm trying my best not to reject feedback. Proof are in the last several comments of the app.
    I know some people who do this. Not naming. I try not to let them get my reaction, instead I do the opposite. Or ignore them.
    I can try my best to ignore it. There's always /ignore. Sadly, it doesn't work atm.
    I try to watch Myrm a lot. Myrm mostly inspires me. I like Myrm a lot as a person and as staff. He's my "role model" for moderating. I sometimes watch what he does.
    I'll try to ignore any rude comment said to me or about me. I understand that I can go a little overboard with this.
    I'll definitely work on these. I don't want to disappoint you.
    So I assume you're neutral? But you don't have to answer that.

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I don't have an answer for that.
    I want to point out one thing. Myrm has his style and it works for him because he is experienced. When others try to emulate him they often cannot pull it off. So it is good that he inspires you but for moderation sake the managers are a good place to start.

You can change if you are serious.
    I have no support status for you right now however I will be watching for improvements

10. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Thank you.
    I haven’t really seen Fun doing any moderation in game lately but I have seen Kerahna I’m game. But not really seen much moderation duties from her.

11. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I question if you actually read the comments to this one. I actually don’t argue with everyone.
    More than a week ago.
    I did not call Laini bad.
    I am immature yes but everyone is, even Myrm.
    If you believe I’m annoying, there’s an ignore button...
    If I didn’t learn from my mistakes, I’d be perm banned from forums and in game right now, and I wouldn’t have made an application.

Thanks for your opinion. I’ll try not to get banned from now on and I’ll decrease my immaturity.

12. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    I’m sorry but yes you did and quite a lot of people saw it.

13. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I’m looking at my reply to your post and I don’t see anywhere that I said you’re bad.
    You’re not bad anyway I wouldn’t say that to staff

14. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    113580BD-0A8B-40B2-9203-52D708327B3E.jpeg
    I’ve seen you cuss out the team you’re applyijg to work on countless times. You go around calling the team “snowflakes” but then on your application you deny all that.

15. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I didn’t call the team snowflakes that was WXW or sean. And that’s not calling you bad. I didn’t mention the word bad so if you can stop putting words in my mouth that would be nice.

16. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    THANKS TORE ill defo help more. I’m doing that now. :D

17. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

You didn't mention the word bad, but you called her a terrible mod. She is one of the nicest and friendliest people I've ever met in my life.

Secondly, whenever someone supports you, you're always very happy about it, whilst when someone no supports you and says the truth, you start getting defensive and in a certain way even rude.

~You should take all feedback in the same way, no supports are here to help you improve/change. Support counts don't matter, the applicant's behaviour and reputation does.

All in all, you have to respect every piece of feedback that is given to you, as it will help you improve. For example, if Boss or Laini hadn't taken feedback on their applications, it would've been hard for them to get mod.
    Look, Gamzee, you are a nice person, but at times you just take things way too far.
    Good luck, though.

EDIT- Also, if you think I'm trying to attack you, I am not at all. I am trying to help you improve.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  18. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I always defend myself. I have to so much irl because of hundreds of bullies at my school.
    I understand what you’re saying though of course. I know they are trying to help.
    But I didn’t mean to call laini any negative adjective. I just think that staff could make their own decisions without anyone’s help ya know? I agree 100% laini is nice.

19. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Lots of people have been bullied. I was bullied for years, all through primary school. This is not school though, this is Skyblock. You don't have to defend yourself. Take the feedback and change with it. Don't make fake promises to do so because otherwise you let people down.

20. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I’m trying my best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.