NA MindSensation's Application for Moderator

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by MindSensation, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    resupport again

2. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    don't you also do that? just asking. many do, yet I would count mini-modding as helping. he helps so many greenies so many new players out

3. Ceeeeeeee

Ceeeeeeee Member

Bru Emerald, he was telling me off all day. The mods weren't doing anything just watching so if you gonna hate on him for keeping the chat appropriate, Please don't lol. Mind u deserve mod more than any other! Full Support!

4. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Mini modding is when you tell players do not spam, do not do this, etc. Helping is when you answer their questions. Mind mostly mini-mod's and doesn't really help more than mini-modding so it doesn't look like Mind is helping.
    There were 4 moderators on yesterday. If they didn't respond they are busy.

5. MindSensation

MindSensation Senior Member

Thanks, I need it. ;)
    Dude, if you ever see me on just shoot me a message. I'm always down to have always good time. Thanks for the support, my man.
    AW thanks :heart:
    Don't cry it's okay :heart:
    Thanks Rocket ;)
    THANKS XOXOXOXOXO
    Thank you :heart:33
    Thanks Cee! It really means a lot to me. :heart:3 : )

Hey, thanks for the constructive criticism. I'm going to respond to a few things you stated, and while I know I won't likely change your stance, you still deserve some explanation.

When it comes to mini-moderating, it's not about doing the moderators' job for them. They do their job, completely fine. Most of the time, when someone spams in chat or swears, they'll get a kick or a mute. The problem with that though is that nobody else knows that the player was punished (unless they infer from the sudden silence). Unless you know the rules already, there's absolutely no way you'd know that the player had done anything wrong. By talking to player, in chat, I'm also informing others that, "hey, this is against that the rules, so don't do it." While moderators do sometimes warn players publicly, often times they don't (there's nothing wrong with that, there's nothing requiring moderators to do so). I'm simply making sure that each and every player knows the rules, which in turn leads to less rule breaking.

I also understand that it's probably annoying as hell. On Sunday I installed a client that assisted me with talking to users in chat. The problem was that I was incredibly spammy with annoying colors. I've since deleted the client. Now when talking in chat or helping, I don't use any colors or annoying.

Since you brought up the fact that it appears as though I bring up the rules more than I help people, I'll mention that as well. Many times when someone asks a generic question, I'll respond in chat so that other players are informed as well. That's the help that you, a fellow player, see. However, there are many occasions when a player requires help that simply isn't explainable in chat, so I'll shoot them a PM. This includes assistance like setting up a cobble generator or a trade shop, or even more complicated things like dealing with possible grief or theft (in which case I'll assess the situation, then call for a moderator). These kind of things aren't public, so there's no way that you'd know that I'm doing them. If you're skeptical, ask a moderator with social spy to verify for me, but hopefully that explains a few things.

I'd like to thank you for your constructive criticism, it gave me a few things to think about. I'll talk to a couple of my friends that moderate, and I'll see if they'd rather me "mini-moderate" in chat or PM. I'll also work on being less spammy in chat. Shoot me an inbox if you have any more questions or concerns. : )

6. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Re-supporting!!! Already gave you some things to improve on bab. ; )

7. Ceeeeeeee

Ceeeeeeee Member

Bru Emerald, he was telling me off all day. The mods weren't doing anything just watching so if you gonna hate on him for keeping the chat appropriate, Please don't lol. Mind u deserve mod more than any other! Full Support!
    Em, i don't want to get into an argument but if the moderators were all busy and couldn't control chat, wouldn't that mean Mind was doing the right thing then?

8. Ceeeeeeee

Ceeeeeeee Member

Em, i don't want to get into an argument but if the moderators were all busy and couldn't control chat, wouldn't that mean Mind was doing the right thing then?
    And if Mind was telling them not to spam, what if they didn't know. Do not do this, say I wanted to trade dirt, I was a new player, I put my msg up in global then someone says "dirt trade is illegal, you could be banned" therefore I would now know that and not get banned. This just shows that the mini mods pick up on the little things in chat, which moderators or idek what else didn't see or were to busy too which mind is capable of doing.

9. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Yes, but it's the moderators job to warn players and give them punishments. There is no need to mini-mod while moderators are online to warn the players themselves. I am fine with you helping while moderators online, and I am also fine with you mini-modding when no moderators are online. If you can, I'd like to see you cut down on the mini-modding, since that's really a moderator job since it's more annoying when players do it in chat a lot of times, than making a moderator warn them with a command.

10. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Saying dirt trade is illegal is not mini-modding nor helping. Saying that is a different topic I will discuss later. That's why moderators are here, to warn players. I have stated in my last post that if there are no moderators online it's completely fine to mini-mod so the players get warned, but if there are mods on there is no need to mini-mod.

11. Queen

Queen Guest

He doesn't do that at all,

resupport + buMPpp bb

12. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    He does, a lot. I see in color he says do not spam and other things. That is a type of mini-modding, and I rarely see him helping more than mini-modding the server when a lot of moderators are online.

13. Queen

Queen Guest

I don't see him do that ever

14. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Honestly, I've only seen him tell people not to spam when it gets really bad when no mods are on or afk. Mind knows what he's doing.

15. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    He does that a lot when moderators are online, and that's why moderators are here. I also see him saying things that are relevant towards spamming. Like do not use that language, etc.

16. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Wait, so you're telling him not to mini mod now you're saying to?

17. Queen

Queen Guest

But you do that anyways? I don't see him do that at all

18. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    He's not a moderator, he can mini-mod but that's why the moderators are here for.
    Can you provide evidence of me telling players do not spam, etc.

19. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Start a conversation.

You guys are starting to go off topic and this is not the place for it.

20. MindSensation

MindSensation Senior Member

Thanks everyone, I've taken Emerald's constructive criticism to heart. As much as I love you all for defending me, it isn't going anywhere. Everything's all good, no need to continue this. :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.