Mick's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by mickey0999, Dec 25, 2023.

1. mickey0999

mickey0999 Well-Known Member

• Your in-game and discord tag:
    • Ign: mickey0999 Discord tag: kief#1557

• What time zone are you in?
    • CST (Central Standard Time).

• Can you speak any additional languages?
    • I'm somewhat fluent in Spanish.

• Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    • Yes, I record with NVIDIA Shadowplay.

• How long can you be active on our platforms everyday?
    • I'm a pretty busy person as far as work and school goes, so the server itself I would probably only be able to commit 2-4 hours a day on. If you include discord and the forums I would say 4-5 hours.

• When did you first join Skyblock?
    • I first joined Skyblock a few months after it was created, in December of 2012. Additionally, I applied to become a mod 9 years ago.... here we are again haha.

• Have you ever been banned on any platform?
    • Yes, I have been banned a couple of times on classic many many years ago for griefing and scamming. This was a very long time ago >.<

• Do you have any past moderation experience?
    • I've been a Discord mod in the past, although I've never been a moderator on a Minecraft server.

• Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    • There's a few reasons. For one, I've been somewhat involved with the server for a very long time, I'm sure that doesn't matter too much though. I've had several year hiatuses multiple times, but I'm sure if there was some way to track how many hours I've played on Skyblock or spent posting on the forums over the last (almost) 11 years I would be up there for sure.
    • Additionally, I'm a responsible and sensible person with real world responsibilities. I'm not one for getting caught up in drama, and I think contributing to something that was a big part of my childhood would be fulfilling to me.
    • Finally, I've got great people skills and problem solving skills. My job in real life requires me to problem solve, multi-task, and work with strangers all the time.

• Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    • Yes.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my application :).

• No Support No Support x 12
    • Neutral Neutral x 5
    • Support Support x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MrEPro

MrEPro Active Member

IGN:
    MrEPro
    I wanna support but I don’t think you even exist on eco

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Mickey do you have like a different nickname or alias that is used on the server? Personally I don’t recognise you from your IGN which could be relevant to differing timezones etc, but just to get a sense of your recent activity on the server and for me to watch out for, thanks and good luck!

4. mickey0999

My nickname is "Mick". Thanks for the response :).

5. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Support cause you seem loyal to return here after 9 years

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. mickey0999

I definitely play SB a lot more than eco to be fair.

7. BigChiefKeif

BigChiefKeif Well-Known Member

Shoutout to Mick for the time and effort dedicated to Skyblock dating back all the way to 2012... whether that's the og classic days or the new era.
    I, along with many others, can attest to Mick's activeness on the server and would do so genuinely. Not only has Mick been active, he has served the community by constantly helping others and offering up his skills and assets to further assist fellow Skybloxians. There's no doubt Mick would be a great addition to the moderation team and would positively influence the server in many ways.

Anyways, thought that this needed to be said... because there is some downplay on Mick's name that is not true :bored:. Justice For Mick

Keifer, signing out :boastful:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. BigChiefKeif

This being said... this seems like an easy fix

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. mickey0999

Crazy to think you were there to support my 2014 application and here you are again. One of the realest to ever log on to Skyblock for sure.

10. BigChiefKeif

Real recognize Real

11. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Unless you changed your discord since creating this, I don't think you've ever talked in the discord? upload_2023-12-26_10-56-43.png

12. AnotherPerson

AnotherPerson Member

No support. Stop only appointing Survival players as mods, Eco has no active mods.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. woahitsaustin

woahitsaustin Helper Helper

IGN:
    woahitsaustin
    Might change later on but ive literally never seen you on, Typically I give more leeway to staff apps because I understand how grueling this process is but I can't confidently comment on your dedication to the server other than your /pi showing you've played for 5 years which allows me to believe your previous comments about making a staff application in 2014. Ive never seen you in the skyblock discord either and trust me Im not trying to be overly critical, but I feel like some explanation is a bit needed possibly? Are you just coming back? Do you play rarely? Can you help clear up some questions I think most of us are having here.

Would love to see you more active on all platforms then maybe ill revisit this in a month or two

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    No support,

Id like to know you better by seeing you in game and discord and I can base an opinion. As of now i don’t know who you are

15. Artz___

Artz___ Active Member

IGN:
    Artz___
    I can't support this, seeing as I have never seen you online, and I am on very consistantly. Maybe we are in different time zones.
    I'll definitely keep an eye out for you now. :) I hope to see you online, being helpful or active in chat. Good Luck with the staff application!

16. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    I agree with what artz said. Have the same outlook. I wish you luck on becoming staff! good on you for throwing yourself out there!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. mickey0999

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to respond to my application :). As I mentioned in the application, I have taken a few several year breaks from skyblock over the last 11 years. I've been active again as of the last 2 or 3 months now, my /Nick is Mick. Also if you'd like to verify how long I've been playing you can always look at my forum post history :p. As far as discord goes, it's fair to say I'm not super active on the SB discord. My tag is also different than my ign so if you did see me there you might not know it's me. Hoping I helped to answer some of your questions.

18. AJZZ987

AJZZ987 Active Member

IGN:
    AJZZ987
    Lack of Eco activity. Dont think you even exist on the discord
    upload_2024-1-19_21-41-45.png

19. ace_

ace_ Active Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    i literally have never seen you, no support.

20. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    I don't always believe activity is the MOST important part but I've literally never seen you... so... that's not really something I can support. I can't even judge you other than your activity.