Implemented Max Piston

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Question, May 19, 2020.

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Question

Question Active Member

IGN:
    _Ques
    Ok, so people complain about how much the server crashes and lags, and yes the server has something for max hoppers & spawners. But what about pistons? Pistons are more used then Spawners and hoppers, and cause more lag, but somehow there's no maximum amount. I'm thinking there should be a 83 maximum on piston, why this specific number? Because that is the most reasonable amount of pistons to keep down lag. On a normal MC world, 1 piston (being turned on and off repeatedly) is equal to .5 a Megabyte of RAM. which may not sound like much but when there's hundreds of islands having this it can be pretty laggy, and to all the people that will say "just by better RAM" not everyone can just do that.

• No Support No Support x 5
  2. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    So I think that there is one problem here - Having more blocks being moved will also cause lag. Are we certain that the block updates won't cause the same lag?

3. Question

Question Active Member

IGN:
    _Ques
    Didn't even think about that, and I spent a hour placing down pistons till my game crashed, and counted them all.

4. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    no support I could tell you how many people could quit if this was implemented also it should be something like: Annotation 2020-05-21 162319.png

5. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    No support sry

6. Flamedestroyer44

Flamedestroyer44 Member

I’m neutral on this I think pistons are very widely used and it wouldn’t be great to limit the amount you can have. I also think you would run into the issue where player who started out over the limit break one of their pistons and can’t place it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

No Support, I think it would actually not make that much difference, and there is a difference between server lag and game lag. Server side more could be done, but you have to weigh cost to benefit. You could throw a bucket of upgrades to the server costing thousands but... does the benefit out weigh the cost?

The server and it's community tends to find it's own balance, thanks to those who conscientiously use items sparingly to balance those who build multiple mega farms for no reason other than to say they have it. It also has a lot to do with what is being chunk loaded, the more people chunk load, the more lag is created.

Basically limiting pistons would be a drop in the ocean to what would actually be needed to fix lag and crashes. It would still occur just as much.

8. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    After looking at it we have decided that we will be adding this feature! We felt like this would improve the game-play by adding it, so your suggestion has been accepted!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.