Massive Charity Drop Party to Help Default/New Players

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by crystaldom, Feb 17, 2016.

1. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

Hello everyone! When I was on a few minutes ago I was hit by an idea. I have felt for a long time that there is a degree of discrimination against default players on the server, or greenies, and that there is a significant amount of negative connotation and disrespect that comes with a green username in the chat bar. As a donor, I receive a kit every day with items that, frankly, I really do not need at this point. Sure the grass is helpful, and the diamond is good for safekeepings, but I don't need it all. I am proposing a massive drop party in which the valuables we take for granted are given to people who don't receive these kits, the non donors. My idea is that as many donors/skygods/and wealthy "greenies" as possible all pool a few kit's worth of: Diamonds, Grass, Diamond picks, Iron, and spawners, if you have the kit, and drop these at a certain date. If you are comfortable participating in this please respond in the thread. The drop party would be for default players mostly, and if you feel that you don't particularly need a valuable kit item please consider giving it. The drop party would be held on a private island, and we would probably build something special for the drop. To make things simple, there would be roughly 4-5 people dropping donated items. If you are interested in donating: diamonds, diamond tools, iron, gods(not worthless ones like cobble), iron, or spawners, please reply in the thread. THIS IS NOT A DONOR ONLY EVENT. If you are a wealthy non-donor, feel free to contribute as much as you feel comfortable. We will schedule a meeting place. Thank you and please consider donating!

2. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

I would definitely participate :) and will give my next few days of kits for the cause. :)

3. TALCMINER33

TALCMINER33 Member

Good idea, but the small issue is.... Well the economy will spike up and down and up and down if this happens, and I don't mean to be discriminatory, but I was a default player, and I was able to obtain grass, and make my own profit. If people take initiative they could be even more successful then even donors. We should help greenies, help them understand, but not do things for them. I like helping people, but doing things for people trains their minds to ask someone for help and not build up their self confidence to do their own things, and they won't feel proud of their accomplishments if someone else did it for them. I do realize default players are not treated with the same respect and that should change. But the unseen consequences of this very kind and generous event are quite important. I can understand you wish to help greenies but this isn't the best way to do it in my opinion. We should focus more on the discrimination that occurs and not make greenies good, but help them do it for themselves, and feel proud of themselves.

Summary:
    -This is a good idea but could crash the economy
    -Greenies deserve help, but we should not do things for them
    -Doing things for them will take away their own creativity and they won't feel proud of the "accomplisments" of theirs that other people did for them
    -The discrimination of greenies must stop
    -Not the right way to help greenies, see above for details

This is very generous of you and I would participate, but I personally make logical decisions and this doesn't seem logical to do things FOR the greenies, and build a ladder for them to climb. We need to help them make that ladder for themselves. (Oh yes the deep meanings of my metaphors)

4. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    This isn't a suggestion, it's a giveaway event...

5. TALCMINER33

TALCMINER33 Member

Lel..... I would change that

6. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

Ah... So here is where I disagree. Although it is important to make your own profits, you and I make grass not because we work hard every day, but because we both payed quite a bit of money for it. If we receive free grass and diamonds, why shouldn't the default players? Although these kits were payed for, do we really need a diamond pick every day? It makes no sense why we should not share some of this(frankly unfair) wealth. In response to the economy threat well... It is not a problem. In fact, it might save the economy! Donors and greenies both function on completely separate economies. The greenies have an economy based on grass and voting, and ours is based on the tons of grass we receive daily/weekly from kits. It has gotten to the point where grass has two completely different values in each isolated micro-economy. The farther and farther the donor economy pushes away from the greenie one, the more risk we have of a complete crash. Suddenly, greenies will realize that their grass has almost no value, and the bubble that isolates the two economies will pop, and the grass will become wildly inflated, and the diamond worthless. This would essentially undo all of that, and merge the two economies safely AND safely bring the economy "up to speed." The values of items would not change for donors, and everything is fixed for the short term.

7. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

What is the difference? Where would I put this otherwise?

8. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    In the giveaway section.

9. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

Also if greenies want their own accomplishments they don't have to attend the event. It is optional

10. TALCMINER33

TALCMINER33 Member

Well, this is where I must disagree as well. I was talking about me making grass when I was a greenie, not a donor. I suggest you read things more carefully next time. Now I know I don't need my diamond pickaxes or anything and I give nearly of my kit to the community in skin comps. If I were to give out free things I do not do it randomly. I give things out based on skill, creativity, not the color of ones username. I also give out things like water, obsidian, and iron for buckets if someone loses their lava source/water source/bucket. Now your economy explanation is the donor and greenie economy is completely separate. Now allow me to explain a slight flaw. If the donors were to give their kits to the greenies, the greenies would have the inflated economy, and the donors would fall behind as they no longer have their kits (all given to greenies). Now giving your kits to the greenies is no bad thing, but you shouldn't just drop party it as distribution is not equal, and if your goal is equality for donors and greenies economy wise, this won't exactly work.
    Donors will be deprived of one of the most major things that makes them donors, their kits and their special things.
    Issue #1 - Not all greenies will receive the same amount of items
    Issue #2 - There are thousands of greenies and it is difficult to get items to every single one
    Issue #3 - Greenies outnumber donors way way wayyyyyy too much. The kits we receive are not enough for all the greenies (it would take a couple months for us to get enough of that stuff
    Issue #4 - Not saying all are, but some people are selfish and will keep their kits and that decreases the number of donors a lot.
    Issue #5 - This would put the meaning "donor" way down. Donating won't allow you to have a ton of items, it will just make you an automatic donator for the greenies, not saying that is bad, just not as many people will want to donate to the server, and the server's irl money economy (the way the server makes money to stay up) will slowly dwindle and disappear.
    Issue #6 - The worth of diamond will not go down. Its like the 100 dollar bill vs the 1 dollar bill. If the 1 dollar goes up (grass the universal currency) the 100 dollar (diamond) will go up with it, as lets say 15 grass equals 1 diamond.
    Issue #7 - donors are donors. They spent real life money to get what they get. Greenies have the full ability to obtain the same amount of currency, just not as quickly. As long as they work hard, and do their best and have confidence, they can do it. This idea is essentially destroying their ability to do things by themselves and learn responsibility and self confidence. Like I said, don't make the ladder for them to climb up, help them make the ladder themselves. (Oh the amazing metaphorssssssss)

Questions
    - You mentioned this is a "short term" fix. Now what is the definition of your short term?
    - If this were to work, when would the skin comp be hosted, where will it be hosted, and how will the equal distribution work.
    - Now, if were just going to give greenies all our items, why not have the server itself give the greenies items?
    - How are greenies just going to "Suddenly, greenies will realize that their grass has almost no value"?

I don't like to argue or disprove an act of kindness but this isn't the way I believe we should help the greenies. We should allow them to have the ability to have great wealth and power, not carry them on a golden plate to the throne. (OMG THE DEEEEEP METAPHORS OMG I SO SMART)
    Please exuse any speling erers or gramar things dat are not wrong (oh that double negative)

11. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

1: When the server gives items inflation skyrockets... When donors give items, they are just basically putting items back into the system

2:If everyone did free skin comps like you talc that would be perfect. Most people don't though, and so we need this.

3: In donor economy the grass is worth like.. 1 dollar in the real world. We spend it frivolously, because we get large amounts on a daily basis. Thus, grass does not value very much in the donor world. in greeny economy, spending a grass is far more serious. Most greenies don't get much business, and they make on average 2 or 3 grass a day, when a donor makes 15-30 a day. Eventually, it will get to the point where greenies just cannot afford to meet prices set by the donor economy. Take a look at the stock crash. When an economy splits, the bubble pops, and it all crashes and burns. That is what I meant.

4: I can pretty much guarantee you that everyone will get some amount of valuables. It is natural in an economy to have rich and poor, just not natural to have that gap to far. If you feel otherwise what is your suggestion. Perhaps we could ask the server admins to distribute the items. I don't know, but please tell me if you have an idea

5: It would take a few months, but not all greenies will be there. At max 100 players will actually be ON the server during the drop.

6: People will be selfish, and that is ok. We just need some support to make this happen

7: Donor would not go down. This is a ONE TIME THING!!! That means that if you become donor YOU HAVE THE OPTION to donate SOME of your items for this ONE EVENT. Sorry talc, but I need some clarification on issue five.

8: Diamonds will go down, and here is why: When the bubble pops (Just look at history to know that it will) EVERYTHING will go down. Not just the diamond. The grass will be worthless to everyone, and inflation will turn the diamond into the dollar. What do you trade then?? And also this is a pointless argument. I am not trying to prove that the sky block economy will fall, I am trying to explain why this will not hurt it. I think I have done that so lets take that off the table.

9: Oh talc... We are not carrying the greenies on a throne. We are giving them the option to obtain some valuable items in a short amount of time. It is a one time thing, and if you don't want to do it... Thats fine. And talc: You are a donor 50. Can you honestly tell me that it is unfair for me to choose to loan you some diamonds. Greenies can if they work hard, but did we work hard? No. We did not. We were born into families that could afford for their children to pay for a server ranking. Why should the greenies not have this chance too?

Conclusion:
    We are not forcing you to do this. We are giving you the option to. You have items sitting around(not you talc. u give them away), and there are people that could use them better than you could. Come on guys! Lets all just do this!

12. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

Anyway guys... Just consider doing this ok? and not you Haizi. I have seen you on other threads, and you pretty much just shut down everything. Your points are invalid

13. TALCMINER33

TALCMINER33 Member

Issue #5 clarification:
    So basically you answered this already but what I meant is that donors have lost their special "ability" or in other words, free grass every day or every 2 days. Now you clarified that this is a one time thing, which really does clarify things.
    Now when I said carrying them on a throne it was a metaphor, not really a direct thing to us making them kings or whatever. I simply meant by letting them have a crap ton of free stuff, they will have it to last a long time, meaning they won't work as hard and won't be used to it when they run out of their grass. The point is, its like what real life often entails. If you have people doing your homework for you and taking tests for you, then suddenly one day whoever did it for you is gone, you can't handle it. What I am saying is, instead of a drop party, perhaps help that allows greenies to learn, spend wisely, and become as good as donors without people doing things for them. Now that this is a one time thing, this isn't as big of an impact, and this is a pretty good idea. But if you want to drop things, do it either:
    Skill Based-
    Skin Comps
    Parkour?
    Competitions in general
    Priority Based-
    Prioritize those that have barely an island and almost nothing

That's really all I have to say on this topic and I really don't want to continue arguing but I will participate if this ends up happening.

14. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

Thanks talc. I will mull this over. I think we may ask the server to distribute, and as for the items lasting a long time... they wont. Each person may get like... a diamond-2 diamonds worth of stuff. probably less as we don't expect many diamond donations. This is just to give them a boost, and the wealth will be heavily distributed meaning that people will not become insanely rich. It will just even the playing field for about a week and a half. Thank you.

15. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Excuse you, I don't shut down everything, only things that are unlikely, irrelevant, or stupid.

16. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I deleted off topic posts. Please keep this on topic and away from arguments.

If you want to do this, you can get your other donor friends and just have a drop party. Many donors use their kits effectively and will continue to do so and not want to give away items. People have drop parties all the time.

17. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

crystaldom, you can move a thread anytime, just ask a mod to do so, such as Fight :p

18. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

I recognize this, however my donor friends are few and honestly will not give the result we would hope for. I want this to actually happen, and if we gained enough support we could certainly make a difference in the sky block economy AND help out players who want it. I would really appreciate it if people would contribute to this.

19. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

Still this seems much more like a suggestion than a giveaway, although it has parts of both.

20. crystaldom

crystaldom Member

Yes. I agree, however I was told to move this... It is not really a suggestion if the server does not sponsor or organize it so... yeah.