Skyblock Mass Crate Open

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Kai123, Apr 25, 2020.

?

Good idea?

Poll closed May 2, 2020.
  1. Yes! :D

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Nopeeeee

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    Recently I have seen many people with loads of voter crate keys and they take ages to open. Maybe something like shift and right click to open 3 at a time. (1 top row, 1 middle row and 1 bottom row) This wouldn’t be a huge change but would definitely make it easier to burn through crates. Please let me know what you think. Or maybe make crates faster to open. Thanks :blush:

• Neutral Neutral x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Support Support x 1
  2. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I made a thread about this a while ago. It’s actually very easy to profit from voter keys but it’s the time it takes to open them all that is the most valuable. It would be interesting to see how this would affect the economy and if the price of voter keys would go up or down. I’m going to go neutral for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    Oh sorry, didn’t know there was already a thread. Should I take this down?

4. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Don’t bother. If I remember correctly I locked my old posts from any further replies anyway- so it’s most likely been locked for months.

5. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    support if I have to spend an hour opening em its frustrating

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    The current plugin utilised in game is not a proprietary plugin like the skyblock plugin itself. The suggestion to use multiple keys at one time would not be possible without significant changing of the source code, as well as precious development time. It would be like developing an entire new plugin, and I feel like the server and it’s developers have much more important things to develop and improve before small things like this could happen.

However, the plugin does include different crate opening styles. The current for the vote crate is the ‘CS:GO’ opening style. The plugin does have an option for “instant” crate openings (i.e. no shuffling of the prizes first before reward is given out), which I believe would be much better suited and is certainly do-able. It shouldn’t take long to implement at all. It could even be faster at using several keys individually than all at once. I think that we did have this crate opening style on classic back in the day.

However, I would like to see the shuffling opening style kept for other crates such as rare, epic and legendary. It is more suited to these crates as you would not have as many keys for each.

So, support for changing the crate opening style for the vote crate and maybe common crate only, to an instant opening rather than the shuffle/CS:GO style. No support for opening multiple keys at once as it is not exactly feasible under the current circumstances.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  7. Divine_Eidolon

Divine_Eidolon Member

I agree with Wonkie; the slight tension that you get from the current crates is good for the rarer crates, but just wearing (and a bit laggy sometimes, though that may just be me xd) for the voter crates. I think changing the plugin for multiple keys while nice, wouldn't be practical, at least not while there are alternatives that may provide some of the same benefits. And being thoroughly selfish, if 1 key at a times can be laggy, then I imagine that'd only be worse for 3/4/5 keys at once... :sweatsmile:

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo would be very happy with instant open on the vote crate.
    Not looking forward to going through en entire DC of vote keys with the current wait.

• Informative Informative x 1