Skyblock Making disguises a redeemable voucher

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by trinity, Jul 4, 2020.

1. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Bumping this

2. Nooby

Nooby Well-Known Member

IGN:
    NoobyGaming
    Yeah same as this would be so awesome. I got the Chicken basically 10 times by now lmao

Gesendet von meinem POCOPHONE F1 mit Tapatalk

3. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Bumping

4. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Seems useful to be honest and would probably raise the value of crates keys again. However I think a nice idea would be to make the disguise tradeable just to see how that turns out.

5. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

The voucher is trade-able. Make sure to read the whole thread

6. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Sorry I am sorta tired a lot of the time and just skip over stuff.

7. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Bumpity

8. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    bumping

9. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Full support, have been jebaited by disguises before

10. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    bumping

11. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
  12. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    If it issued vouchers, then over time there would be an abundance of vouchers that you couldn’t sell and you would be in the same situation.
    An alternative would be to offer a re-roll whenever someone lands on a disguise.

13. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Support, this will no doubt resolve the issue of "the disappearing chicken/pig egg" and will just uncomplicate things

14. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    I feel like this is bound to happen with everything though. Offering a re-roll would complicate things because then people would probably start demanding re-rolls on everything else too.

15. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Not really. Disguises are the only thing that are totally worthless if won a second time. Everything else has some value and could be sold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Sorry that it took me a while to reply to this one, but if you were to offer a re-roll for a disguise then you have people who are gonna want to re-roll if they land on something that isn't worth it. Like in a legendary crate, if you were to land on diamonds, someone could demand a re-roll because 'I landed on something that isn't worth what I paid' etc. etc., whereas making a disguise a redeemable voucher gets you a reward either way regardless of what you landed on, which can eliminate the people wanting rerolls

17. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Legendary crates are a form of gambling. The whole idea of gambling is that you might get something worth far less than what you put into it or you might get something of greater value. You get what you get with no right to demand a re-roll. That's how gambling works.
    All the prizes in the crates have a percentage chance of winning, so you know your chances when you use them. It also gives the idea that you are guaranteed to win something at least.
    Disguises are the exception to this because winning a disguise you already have, is winning nothing at all.

And as Drogo said before, if disguises were replaced with redeemable vouchers, we would eventually get to the point where everyone has them and they are worthless and can't be sold and we're all back in the same situation.

If the crates stay as they are, then people will have to accept that there is a chance that they will win nothing at all.
    This will result in fewer people buying crate keys.
    If people can be guaranteed to win something at the very least then perhaps more people will buy keys.

Redeemable vouchers is a short term fix that will eventually see us in the same position.
    Re-rolls will resolve the main issue which is, people winning absolutely nothing at all. This will also likely mean the sale of more keys and really who wouldn't want money for virtual items that really cost nothing at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Why not give redeemable vouchers a second option; to convert it to say 10 grass, for the legendary disguise for example. The two options (redeeming and converting) would appear once you right-click the voucher.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  19. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

We could just have a system where if you own the disguise you get another prize instead instead of worrying about vouchers and things. Might need some dev work.

20. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

While this particular suggestion may not be the best answer it’s definitely a problem that needs sorting I personally have amassed at least 10 Elder Guardian disguises and it’s the only reason I’ve stopped buying leg keys from the store. It’s not like you have great odds of profiting or getting decent usable items so this added waste of literally getting nothing is disheartening especially when we usually pay real money for the keys.

There are plenty of options to explore a fix which have been mentioned I personally like the re-roll idea, but also perhaps moving the disguises to lower level chests and decreasing the odds to small fractions. So they are still obtainable but become more of a rarity but at a cheaper level chest. Plenty of answers, but just needs the time to be planned and implemented.

Good suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1