Skyblock Making disguises a redeemable voucher

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by trinity, Jul 4, 2020.

1. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    So, we've all been opening crates, may it be rare or a legendary, and you land on a disguise you already have. Most people get upset or frustrated because even though you aren't guaranteed anything good, it does kind of suck. Now, I was thinking, well, what if instead of it going straight as just a personal /disguise, what if it was made into a redeemable voucher? Like, you could right click it and it'll open a menu saying "Do you want to redeem this voucher?" and it'll give you two options that say confirm or cancel. Once redeeming it, it'll go into the redeemies /d. Now, why make it a voucher? So you can sell these disguises instead of getting the same repeats.
    very poorly worded but hopes it makes sense

• Support Support x 24
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    this is why i never open leg keys

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support! The amount of disguises I have gotten, especially from legendary crates is awfully a lot. So having them as redeemable vouchers I can easily sell them and make some profit at least

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    bumpity bump

5. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I dislike how landing on a disguise we already have access to (which is the case most of the time) is practically a loss. I'm not sure what we could be given instead, but I definitely do support the idea of being given something else if we get a disguise we already have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Creepingdeath9

Creepingdeath9 Well-Known Member

very good idea!
    i have gotten disguises that i already have so many times

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

i like this idea i know the pain of this i opened 47 rare keys once and 20 of them was disguise it was a pain

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    neutral, on one hand it wouldnt be as disappointing but on the other hand a disguise voucher is like getting cobble but it fills up less of your inventory. Its a new idea and it wont have much impact so i assume these will most likely be sold at 1:2 at most so its not anything too good. All in all a good idea but this wont do much for skyblock or your grass chest.

9. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

Support. I believe this would be a cool idea. I wonder if any of the developers know how difficult it would be to implement a feature like this. RedstoneTrails

10. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Depending on the diguise you get, this can be heavily argued upon. While yes, for the basic disguises, like chicken or whatever won't go for much and probably will be given out for free/cheap, the disguises higher up from like legendary keys could be sold for more, going off of the fact of the cost of the key, plus the only way to get these are through that crate.
    Actually talked to Redstone about it on discord, it's possible n been discussed before. He said it wasn't sure if it would be added, because it changes the value of the crates. He last told me he would ask how the staff and other devs felt about it. Hasn't updated me since.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    I'm going Neutral on this Suggestion.

This would be a nice feature for not making a loss if you open a crate and get a disguise that you already have - However, making it into an Item could be a bad idea if Duplication Glitches are used.

I won't mention the name, for obvious reasons, but another Popular Skyblock Server faced a Duplication Glitch with in-game vouchers which enabled them to gain double chests of them, this completely ruined the economy.
    It's not often Duplication Glitches occur but if a glitch was discovered by a player but not staff, this could slowly ruin the economy.

There are positives and negatives to it, so until I'm sure there was no way that Duplication could occur I'll stay Neutral.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Support. This is the exact reason that has put me off legendary keys permanently. Having them as redeemable vouchers would be a good way to make some grass/$ back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    It's something I've been interested in for almost as long as there's been crates. Lee and I had talked about it a decent bit when I first joined the team. No work has actually been done on any related plugin, but it's something that we've definitely been interested in adding.

It would take a bit of work to get something implemented to keep track of vouchers, but the foundation of creating redeemable vouchers shouldn't be too hard to create.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    I have :)

15. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    there you go

Surely you know I wasn't giving you attitude, I was just telling you that the rate went through because you didn't do it the first time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2020
  16. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Don’t double post :)
    He doesn’t have to rate the post, he can also reply and that can still be counted for.
    This isn’t something that should be done if it’s gonna be too tricky for y’all, it’s something I just thought would be a pretty cool idea to have, after seeing it on a faction server with crates.
    You have a valid point, yes, but a few things. Anything that is duped is always took away. The persons banned. The dupes patched. The economy will slowly start probably shifting back, if it’s even ruined like that, it’s pretty hard to shift an economy like that for items like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
  18. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

this idea is quite creative and would be nice to have, support (':

19. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Support, this would be cool to have. My only concern would be that for rare keys the chicken disguise is quite common, so there would end up being a lot of those types of vouchers around.

20. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Newbies would finally stop asking where on earth their crate reward went.

• Agree Agree x 3