Declined make mod profiles available for all to see

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by Xethorias, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

If I was a new player on forum and I happened to see a mod online for once, I’d click on their profile page, the easiest and most obvious thing to do in order to get their attention, and ask them whatever. Even if it meant them telling me to go make a report on the report section.
    IMO I think all staff should be easily accessible by players who may have no idea how to use Forums.

2. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Er, why not send them a message in game? What do you mean by online?

3. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

First of all, when are you going to look at my Ban Appeal??
    Secondly, because what if the mod that’s on the forums is not online / afk ingame? What if the mod on the forums is not ingame?
    I meant online as being online on forums.

4. Cyk753

Again, the reports section exists for a reason. It is there so the every staff member can see an issue and the first available moderator can respond. Sometimes we are checking forums from our phones or other mobile device. If we are online on forums, it does not always mean we are available at a computer with access to minecraft to help with some in game issues.

We are all trusted to handle things that come up, so that is extra reason not to have to tag someone to personally get involved. Only reason to tag someone is if they had prior knowledge of what's going on. For example, you can definitely use Cyk753 when you write up the report if its about something I had talked to you about before.

5. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I've seen these kinds of suggestions pop up every year i've been on these forums. These suggestions are not about new players at all. They are to target particular staff who locked their profile. This one was to target myrmwife. I got targeted the same way when I was being harassed years ago and locked my profile.

And every year there was not one incident where a new member has failed to get help on the forums because a mod locked their profile.

Some people may genuinely believe that open profiles will make a difference.
    I've been here long enough to know why people make these suggestions and want staff profiles to be open.
    So I reiterate my previous point about controlling and criticising everything staff do being boring.
    If you are really concerned about new players, then know a locked profile hasn't caused an issue in over 6 years.

6. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Again, when are you going to look at my ban appeal? (This isn’t a joke. Look at my ban appeal.)

IMO I think it’d be easier for new players to get help if all they have to do is click on your profile page.
    I don’t think this is to target a staff member, I just don’t see why a staff member should have it privated in the first place.

7. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

I strongly disagree with this, if Cyk753 didn’t have a private profile I could remind her again to look at my ban appeal as she KEEPs ignoring me.

8. Cyk753

Apologies. A lot of things have been on my plate today. It is not an ignore, just juggling a lot of other moderator duties.

9. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

You don't need to remind a mod to look at your appeal. You also know how to private message her. She will get alerts from the ban appeal thread. Impatience isn't proving the point you believe it is.

10. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Tagging Staff Members would make your appeal have a higher chance to get denied.

I'm switching to No Support from Neutral.

You can always contact them on disc and there are other staff members that don't have profile locked.

11. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    To be fair that’s how ban appeals should work, why bother staff members, when they will reply sooner or later. You have to be patient when you submit an appeal because it will always get looked at. So no need to bother and remind a staff member.

12. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    You know you're gravedigging and that it is against your rules, yet chose to do so anyway.

This suggestion is declined. Individual profile privacy settings are a matter of personal choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.