Declined make mod profiles available for all to see

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by Xethorias, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I know,

Bill can’t get in touch with Mywife so I quoted your post on how you can.

2. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Ahh, I was confused by the original post. Thanks for clearing things up for me.

3. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

As a player & past moderator I can see both views on this issue. I really do understand how it can be frustrating for us players to not be able to check or comment on staff members profiles. In the past it was something I didn't like at all. I still don't like it however I don't agree that it should be a rule for staff members to have their profiles open at all times. Not because of toxicity from players or staff being attacked, but because there are multiple other ways for users to get staffs attention. Someone's wall is THEIR wall, their profile, I don't think it is a place for people to ask moderators for help. The private message feature is there for a reason (which staff SHOULD have open at all times), and when it comes to situations where players need help they should message staff privately. Staffs profiles are not a place to ask for help in my opinion. They can lock it if they want, they can delete messages if they want, it's theirs to customise. This issue was brought up in the past, and the "toxicity" excuse was pointless imo. Toxicity or not, staff should be able to lock their profiles whenever they want. You want their attention? DM them.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  4. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    No support, just because someone is staff it doesn't mean they lack the right to have privacy.

5. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    no support, there are other ways to contact mods and they shouldn't haven't to be forced to risk being harassed

6. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    No Support

Having a staff's profile being public just to see profile idea is not a legitimate reason. Therefore I see no benefit in supporting this suggestion.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  7. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    my orignal post wasnt about people commenting on their profiles, i dont care About that but they should have their profile open. they can disable comments if they want, they will alwas be at chance of being harassed (lol)

8. BennyDonut

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    But if you make mod profile open what use who that offer, if the whole point of this suggestion was to make a mod/staff profile public without even having a purpose for why it will be open then I won't support that

9. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    didn't read the title properly my bad

neutral still because this isn't necessary

10. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    for the idea of letting people see their profile.

11. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    What's so important about their profiles that you must see?

12. BennyDonut

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    That is what I'm trying to figure out as well, if we are forcefully making staff profile public without a legitimate reason then I will not support this suggestion as there is no benefits that comes from it.

13. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
  14. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Support - there’s no reason why this shouldn’t be a thing. Moderators can always disable people posting, but it’s just ridiculous that as a player you can’t view a moderator’s profile if needed.

15. s3p41r0t41

s3p41r0t41 Active Member

i like seeing mods. so yes

16. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

I am grave digging by a very long time, but I believe this still should be implemented.

17. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Literally mods are here to help people and if they become a mod, shouldn't they be open to the community? lol how times have changed

18. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Still a big fat no from me. There are so many more ways I can help people if my profile is locked. People just need to move on and think less about controlling and criticising everything staff do because it’s seriously boring now.

19. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Repeating the same as last time. Profile posts are not something I am interested in. I also do not want to see reports appear on my profile instead of in the proper section.

For those seeking help, I'm available in a forums conversation, in game, or over discord. also take advantage of the handy dandy @moderator tag in discord to get a response from the soonest available staff member.

20. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Very well put together, I totally understand your point in having it locked.

My personal opinion is I don’t see why it must be open, since how often do moderators help through player posts. Also, you can still start conversation and get help through other ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.