Lockette Tutorial!

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Bdarkslayer, May 25, 2020.

1. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    The Skyblock Lockette Guide

What is Lockette?
    Lockette is a plugin that is used on Skyblock which allows players to place a sign on their on various blocks including chests, anvils, furnaces, and more! Players that are not included on the private sign, will not be able to access the block that it is placed on. Some staff members do have permissions that enable them to bypass the Lockette sign.

How do I protect my chest using Lockette?
    » In order to protect your chest from other players, you will need to follow these steps:
    1. Shift + Right-click your chest with a sign
    2. In the first line, type “[Private]” (without the quotation marks).
    3. If you would like this chest to be private to you, you can click “Done” to finish the sign. If you would like this chest to be for someone else, you can put their name
    [​IMG]
    How do I add another person onto my private chest?
    » If you would like to add another player to your chest so they can open it, follow these steps:
    1. Right-click the existing Lockette sign
    2. Use the command /lockette <line number 3 or 4> (player name)
    You may add up to two additional players to your chest sign (including yourself).

[​IMG]

Can I add color to my Lockette signs?
    » Yes! If you would like to add color to either the [Private] portion of the sign or to the player names, follow these steps!

[Private] Color
    1. When you are initially creating your private sign, you will need to add color codes to the text.
    2. For example, you can type &a[Private]
    [​IMG]
    Username Color
    1. To add your friend's name in color, simply follow the same steps as adding a normal player but when typing their name into chat, type it with color.
    2. For example, you can type /lockette 3 &aBdarkslayer
    [​IMG]

Can I protect blocks with Lockette?
    » You certainly can protect blocks with Lockette! If you have an item that you don't want another player to be able to remove, place a private sign on it! These blocks include (and are not limited to) spawners, diamond blocks, beacons, etc.
    1. Right-click your selected block with a sign. If you can interact with the block, you will have to press Shift+Right Click in order to place a sign on it.
    3. If you would like this block to be private to you, you can click “Done” to finish the sign. If you would like this block to be for someone else, you can put their name.
    [​IMG]

Can I protect doors with Lockette?
    » Yes, you can definitely protect doors with Lockette! If you do not want people to access certain doors on your island, you may place a Lockette sign down. Use these steps.
    1. Shift + Right-click your selected door with a sign.
    3. If you would like this door to be private to you, you can click “Done” to finish the sign. If you would like this door to be for someone else, you can put their name.
    [​IMG]

I need to remove a Lockette sign that isn't mine, what do I do?
    » If one of your coop members leaves your island or you change your in-game name, you may need a lockette sign to be removed Moderators will be able to assist you in this situation. Follow these steps to have the sign removed!

1. Find a Moderator that is online. If there isn't one online, you may post a thread on the forums or made a post in the "Help" section on our Discord server.
    2. Communicate your reasons as to why you need the sign removed, to the staff member.
    3. When the staff member is ready to assist you, type /trust <staff member name> so they can modify your island.
    4. You're all set!

Some things to note:

• If you lockette a pair of double doors, they will open together. They will also only need one lockette for the two doors. This also applies to double iron doors.
    • If one door is in a different orientation when the lockette is created, the doors will move opposite to one another with the double-door mechanic.
      • If this is not the desired effect, you can look at the door you wish to fix and type /lockette fix to change the door's orientation.
    • Doors can be built on unstable blocks like sand, gravel, and TNT. This means that the door can be destroyed with or without a lockette by moving the blocks beneath it, so be sure to build your doors on a safe block.
    Hopefully this gives you a better sense of how to use Lockette on your island! Thank you to Lycel for creating the original tutorial!

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Can't you just bump the original one?

Anyways, nice guide :p

3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN: