Largest zombie pigman grinder on the server (2018) 600+ spawners.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by iako, Jun 29, 2019.

1. iako

iako Well-Known Member Premium Premium Premium Premium

Today I took down an ancient design for a mob spawner farm which was used to farm gold.
    This farm was never finished as it required a ton of resources, although it's output was insane due to the amount of spawners prior to /limits. I wanted to archive this so people could see what was once possible.

This farm could create 220,000~ pigmen in 15 minuets.
    I had to create four sections of pigmen output because one section alone would be too much for the system and would break, so every few minuets I would rotate it around with this redstone contraption below.

For the last screenshot in this thread about the Controller Unit, here is a video showing how it works:

Here are some screenshots of the design:
    This one below is of the redstone wiring that I used. The wiring harness for this system is pretty simple and uses old components not really seen in todays redstone creations, but what made this redstone wiring good is that it just works.
    1.png

Here is another view of my redstone controller unit. Above this mess of redstone was a bunch of buttons and this system below was used to send the on and off states to pistons in the center of the collection pool for the pigmen. This also featured a sound indicator that would let me know if all of my redstone is working correctly and if one of the redstone lines broke it would play a certain tune.
    2.png

This image below is of the sorting and collection system for all the items. As you can see this used a lot of hoppers and was really hard to fund this project due to the amount of iron needed. This is a really inefficient way of doing things, although it worked some of the time, the system would clog up full of random items that wasn't needed and would break all of the hopper-chains.
    3.png
    Here is a behind look of the image above. As you can see, any item that wasn't a gold nugget was dropped into lava. This portion that you see here was actually 1/4th of the system, I was going to build 3 more of these in a circular pattern and have those bottom chests be the main collection pool for gold.
    4.png

In this image below, you can see there are four channels that would lead pigmen to their death. You can now understand the amount of resources needed to keep this going, as the images above I only completed one quarter of the full farm.
    5.png

Here is the inside of one of the channels. In the far back you can see some slime blocks and stone blocks with signs near them. Using the redstone controller you could control flood gates and actually control which way the water would flow all by pushing a few buttons.
    6.png

Here is the massive collection pool for when the pigmen would drop after spawning. You can now get the idea that 600 spawners all going off at once isn't a joke. The output of gold was insane.
    7.png

Here is what the controller unit would actually control. You can see in this image below four dispencers, those were used to control the direction of the water. It took four buttons and a simple map to indicate the water's current flow. To help keep pigmen go in one direction I had many other buttons in play to put up temporary stone walls around the water, so the pigmen were channeled in one direction instead of multiple. The reason I did all of this to begin with was that the output of this farm was so insane that I had to have four sorting sections, otherwise one couldn't handle the power. With this system I could rotate it, so when one hopper chain filled up and had to dump I could send the pigmen down another section.
    8.png

Finally, here is the spawner bay. These were the rods that would hold over 600 spawners. As you can see all of the spawners are now gone, due to our new limitations. Over the course of 2 months I was working on this project and rarely ran this system for testing. I ran this system 5 times total and was able to get an average of 220,000 pigmen being spawned every 15 minuets. An insane number, thank god we have the MergeMob plugin. Very few players were able to see this farm in testing and many old players always knew I was one of the biggest gold suppliers in 2018 due to the amount of spawners I had. This system is very outdated, I found a way now where I need no hoppers at all or any sorting system. No redstone needed at all. And with our current 48 allowed spawners, I can make as much gold as this system can.
    9.png

I also forgot to include the controller unit:
    Hitting these buttons would allow me to control the direction of the water, and I could also raise and lower flood gates to help enforce the direction of the water. Here is a youtube video showing how it works:

10.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Imagine having to read through all of that :OO

Looks cool though :p

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Wow this is what you showed me like 2 months ago its really crazy and I love the controller unit its really designed well
    you and lz should team up on a Redstone project ;)