Withdrawn Kuriboh's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Kuriboh_kun, Jan 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuriboh_kun

Kuriboh_kun Active Member

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
  2. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
  3. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
  4. Fr0lund

Fr0lund Member

IGN:
    Fr0lund
    Yessir Kuri for staff all day!

5. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    resupport cuz this thread hasn’t received much attention and it is needed.

6. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
    Thanks a lot for your support Fr0lund! :yum:
    :heart::heart::heart:

7. Skyzi_x

Skyzi_x Well-Known Member

Idk why'd u wanna be a moderator on this server but anyways i'll change to support

8. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
    I think this server is great, so mainly that haha
    Thanks for your support, Skyzi! :yum:

9. Haberson

Haberson Active Member

IGN:
    Haberson
    Playing on this server for as long as I have, I only have 5 current users on my ignore list and you happen to be one of them. I remember the one and only experience I had with you wasn't very pleasant. You were new'ish at the time and very upset with my advertising on the server. Having a shop for as long as I have, I get that sometimes, and I forget most of those encounters. (blame it on the old age) Reason I remember you is that you were not only very adamant but extremely rude & childish to me at the same time. I vividly remember discussing things with you was a lost cause, and you were being very immature so I put you on ignore and blocked you from my island.

Hoping to move on from that situation, it didnt stop. For weeks on end since that moment I would get mails from many users telling me you were relentless on your anger with me, for what to this day I still don't know. But people would tell me things you were saying about me in chat and none of it in my opinion was warranted.

I havent had any experiences with you since then, but when I am on my alts (who dont have you ignored) I see you're not only extremely active but social (in a more pleasant manner) with the community.

I'll set my vote for Neutral for now as we all have moments from time to time and that likely isnt a good judge of your overall character and hopefully the one experience I had with you isn't who you normally are.

10. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
    Foremost, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I do admit that I could have been more mature in that situation and that I don't think what happened then represents me currently, as you mention, I was a new player and I had some criticism towards your ads, but I wouldn't say I was very upset about that, it was more the fact that I was just joining conversations other people started and your arguments towards me were about my rank or things I wasn't talking about, I have always said your shop is good, well stocked and with fair prices for what it offers, but you kept talking as if I said otherwise, that was the thing that upset me but still, now I would not react to that and express my opinion in a much more mature way.

You mention you got a lot of mails from other users, but I want to assure you I have nothing to do with that, as I mentioned above, when we had our first encounter I was just joining a conversation another player started about your prices, saying that I thought they were fair and trying to give my opinion about other related stuff, then another player did a forum post about the same topic I talked about and even mentioned our encounter, so I thought it was fair to continue the conversation, but in all situations that this topic was discussed I was never starting the topic, after that I do admit that I tried to compete with you in a market sense, but nothing out of the ordinary in the server's shop market.

My point is that after the 2 encounters where we talked about I stopped and changed my methods a lot, and I never was as angry as you think I was, in every case I was joining someone's else conversation and I have always tried to mention both the positive and negative things that I think.

I can't thank enough your comments about my activity and sociability, it truly means a lot and I know it's accurate coming from you.

I want to offer you an honest apology for the way I expressed things, I never wanted to give you the idea that I was angry towards you, and I was only trying to give some constructive criticism, I'm more mature now, know more about the community, the language, and how to express myself and I hope I can prove it with time, also, I'm sorry for any backlash you may have gotten, and I assure you they are nothing but misinformed comments and rumors.

Furthermore, I really hope we can have a fun, fair and friendly business rivalry going forward! ;) To be really honest, this is the way I have seen you for a long time, and I really appreciate and respect you and your shop because of that.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  11. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial

I vividly remember you asking and instigating me to send inappropriate mails to Haberson in a voice call around the time I had first joined Skyblock.

12. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun

I don't recall that alex. and several times I had to tell you to chill out things with multiple people, you usually message and spam people and have even been banned because of that, specifically in those times, and I have always been the kind of person that says things in forums and public chat, lately you say a lot of things about me that I think are inaccurate, and you have expressed multiple times you're upset about a personal issue, please be professional about that. I do admit I told you to advertise my shop instead and things like that, but that's usual for shops, you even sell ad space in your island

13. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    Clearly you don’t understand this. Something you did over a year ago does not get scraped into the garbage can. I am and have been fully aware that you are a changed man. Telling me to harass another player because you received offense from their ad is not okay and being all generous and active in the community now does not make up for it. If you feel I am spreading false information, I would like to let you know that in my eyes, your opinion is the only false thing here. And in case you are confused, players who are banned from visiting my island should not cheat it by using alts. It shows me you are not suited for this position.

14. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    I believe this player to be too immature to be allowed to run for skyblock moderator.

15. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
    I don't think this is the place to discuss this or argue, but I would be very glad to continue discussing within dm's. Thanks for your feedback!

16. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    If these are true, I am going to be changing my vote to neutral. We all make mistakes, but targeting people is not okay at all. As a staff member, these are issues you would have to resolve, not instigate. Good luck though, Kuri!

Just a tip though:
    I get what you're trying to express in your response, but it seems like you're brushing off the accusations and pinning the blame on someone else. You're fully able to disagree and defend yourself, but then pulling out someone's else's faults on your application doesn't seem the most appropriate for your application. Not trying to discourage you, but defending yourself and rebutting shouldn't be you putting someone else down. Advocate your point and disagreement in a more neutral and professional manner. :)

17. *Slagomizer*

*Slagomizer* Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    I am very much of the mindset that if you've nothing good to say, don't say 'it' at all, but as I become more active on SB, I think it is good to participate in respectful discourse, irrespective of the leanings of one's opinions.

I will be selecting 'neutral' on this for the following reasons:

The good: In the last month or so, I have had friendly, fun discussion with Kuri in-game. Chatting about his classes, about food, cheekily speaking in Spanish to go over everyone's heads (for no reason at all ;) ). This has all been very positive.

The medium: In the times we have chatted, and I have noticed you online, you've not interacted much outside your immediate circle, and I did not notice any helpfulness toward new players or a terribly gregarious attitude in the chat. The reason we have chitter-chattered a good bit is because I am sociable beyond all reason.

The bad: When I was quite new, still unranked, and very much figuring things out on my teeny cobblestone island home, I saw your shop advertised on /ads or perhaps in the in-game chat. I fumbled around your shop, and something was out of stock, or perhaps I had questions about pricing. I asked you in-chat for clarification on whatever I needed help with, or clarification on, and you were brusque and treated me as though I were stupid. I felt as though I inconvenienced you severely (while trying to give you my grass for your wares!). Now, I'm the first to admit I'm a moron (blame the age! aghh- technology!) so I certainly was not petulant, whiny, or demanding. I felt bad for having to ask, and felt worse when you responded. I was left with the impression that the experienced members of the server were too important or busy to help new players- a feeling that is so opposite the case, I now realize, as someone who spends loads of time being helpful to new players AND as someone who sees kindness by others on the server quite frequently. The telling part is that I don't remember what I needed - I remember how you made me feel as a 'greenie'.

I think despite your efforts to emphasize newbie support in your application, that you, in practice, fall short of this, which is detrimental to maintaining and growing SB's player base, a key goal of the server (any server). Barring a change in pattern which 'sticks' for long enough to signal you've enacted a mindset change rather than a moderator campaign, I am not sure how I will be able to change from neutral to support.

That said, I have very much enjoyed our chats when we are online simultaneously, now that I'm worth your time, I suppose, and I hope that continues.

18. Kuriboh_kun

IGN:
    Kuriboh_kun
    Thanks for your feedback!

19. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Application withdrawn at the applicant's request.
    If you would like to reopen your thread, please report this post within the next 90 days, otherwise you will have to create a new application if you wish to be considered!
    This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.