Korangar's Mod Application(UTC06:00)

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Korangar, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    You'll be promoted the next time around.

2. Korangar

Korangar Active Member

Lol Rip. It would be nice, but if they don't think I'm ready then I'll just keep learning stuff until I have the opportunity.

3. Sheily

Sheily Active Member

IGN:
    xSheilyy
    Support!

You really surprised me with all your help not only with me but with everyone else. I didn't think anyone was capable of doing things for a random person but you made me think twice. I really truly believe you are more then ready for this position!!!

Good Luck now hurry up and get the position Koraaaa!! :D

4. Stel

Stel Guest

5. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Bumping and re-supporting for you.

You are a very kind player who tends to help a lot, and I've seen you are very mature for this. I see you helping in chat all the time, and your activity is precise. Keep up the good work, I'd love to see you on the staff team.

6. XxNiceGuyxX

XxNiceGuyxX Member

Full Support

7. Zack

Zack Anonymous Premium

Support your nice AF

8. corn doggo

corn doggo Experienced Member

Re-support.

9. Jxnaa

Jxnaa Active Member

10. Legi

Legi Active Member

Support 100%

11. Korangar

Korangar Active Member

Thank you so much guys! This means a lot to me y'all x] And I can't log on for some reason? It keeps kicking me. Only with Skyblock. It says I'm sending too many packettes?

12. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    That's an issue with your internet & packet loss. :[

13. Sheily

Sheily Active Member

IGN:
    xSheilyy
    Re-Support! Hurry up and become mod Kora :p:p:p

14. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Well-Known Member Premium

ReviewsKorangar.jpg
    Suggested listening: The Verve Pipe - The Freshmen

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    Korangar 001.png
    Korangar 002.png

Korangar 003.png

Korangar 004.png

Korangar 005.png
    +1 for 'Murica!
    Korangar 006.png

Korangar 007.png
    Korangar 008.png
    Korangar 009.png

Oh, there's an image limit for posts? Didn't know that. Let's do the rest of this a cappella.

The word you are looking for is "impartial", ma'am. You listen to all parties equally before judging. This is a good trait but please take a moment to explain why it would make you a good Moderator. Likewise it is excellent to be the kind of person others feel like they can bring issues to... but why is that good for this job?

You partially explain this by commenting you feel intimidated by some staff members. Why is that bad? I'm not belittling your qualifications here; you are presenting yourself well. Focus on why it matters to the position you are applying for and this will turn out great. Or ignore me, these reviews are pretty bad.

+1 for a hilarious mixed metaphor. ("A bird's eye view" crossed with "an eagle eye"). I chuckled. :))

You forgot to add the food onto your buffet, Ms. Koranger. This is a whole lot of good qualities but absolutely nothing about why they are important, how you personally use them, etc. When you have a moment please read these posts:
    Write Better Applications - By Krissy
    Write Better Qualifications - By Myrmidous

OK, good! You understand one of the cornerstones of the job. Elaborate a bit? Is there any other aspect of being a staff member you're already taking part in?

So you reported those things, right? o_O Also this sort of "humblebrag" tends to sound like B.S. unless you provide some sort of example or link. Please edit to clarify what you have noticed, what you did about it or who you informed. This is a "girlfriend from Canada" kind of situation.

o.0 Don't take shots at your future teammates, please. Rephrase slightly?

How does promoting you mean things stop slipping through the cracks? Can you list something you bring to the team that would improve overall moderation...?

The job is a lot like being middle management at a day care. Forget rainbows and unicorns, this is sewer scrapings and medical waste. Wear gloves, take it in small doses, keep a good perspective.

WHEN? Are you volunteering for the midnight to 2am shift? It is hard to hire you without knowing when you'll be available ma'am. Please provide some idea of when you normally get online: Morning/Afternoon/Night, etc.

That's quite impressive, actually. SkyBlock seems to get drunk and go on a banning spree pretty often-- it's almost like a badge of honor to have at least one RandoBano in your past. You have been living very clean.

:mad: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH. :L
    (Wasted potential.)

Experience is the #1 thing that gets people hired. And you have loads of it.

Have you run a bake sale? Led a group presentation? Managed a Christmas party? How about your actual job: Do you supervise anyone (or work as a trainer)?

All of these are valid experience that would make you a good staff member. Think about any time you have to get a group of people to work together or agree on something-- you just Moderated. Please don't waste this section of your application, ma'am.

Your application is better than average and you seem like a genuinely good person. Unless there's some sort of huge problem I'm unaware of in your past you will probably get an opportunity. So let me get this in before everyone else: Congratulations on your promotion.

Support Status: 100%
    (Just a matter of time, really.)

15. yume

yume Well-Known Member

Support. !!!

16. Jaycorbin

Jaycorbin Member

Very good application, well thought out! But however do I do recommend trying to fit in a bit more hours everyday I do see how you have a job but that is alright if you cant fit in a little bit more. But everything else spot on you are mature and have the right expectations for me! I give it full support all the way 100%

17. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    Bump.
    You're perfect for mod. You're there for me whenever I need to talk to somebody, which is constantly. I can't think of anybody I'd want to moderate the server more than you. Thanks, Kora. c:

18. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

I'm not even sure...

19. Universal

Universal Well-Known Member

I already can see it coming. Support.

20. TVFilthyFrank

TVFilthyFrank Active Member

Support! You're extremely nice and friendly, and you helped my island out when I first started!