Withdrawn Kam's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by skaM, May 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Neutral for now,
    Your application is alright and you seem like a good guy, however, never seen you before so I will need to see you in game helping a bit before I can state an actual opinion about you.

2. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have recently became a father to my handsome 6 month old son and I have started and advanced in a new career which has me traveling all over the country. I get on when I can and I hope to be able to be more active soon. But, I understand your concern with my activity lately and I can assure you I won't always be this inactive as more personal time starts to free up for me. As you can tell from the above statements my time it pretty much all soaked up by spending time with my son and work so hopefully you can understand.

:)

3. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Just a little update! (Kind of the same as the last)

As I have been making advancements in my career I find my free time to be seldom - at most 30 minutes to an hour. With that being said most of my time is taken up by traveling to and from work locations and spending time with my son who, by the way, can now crawl around and stand up on his own and has a third top tooth coming in! These are exciting times for my little family and I! With that being, I do still try to get on when I can however recently it hasn’t been the easiest to do so. I hope you all understand!

Kind regards,
    Kam

4. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Just reread my last update and this is basically the exact same thing whoops.

5. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Wishing you all a happy new years! I also encourage those who are neutral to perhaps reevaluate your decision if you deem your position has shifted.

Thank you all and happy skyblocking in 2023!

6. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Hello again! Just wanted to state that I’ve been more active as of recently and only plan on continuing this increasing trend of activity for the foreseeable future. I again encourage any user that has rated a neutral response to reconsider there stance whether it be in the positive or negative direction.

Thank you! :)

7. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    Hey Kam, nice job creating your application post! Unfortunately, I'm going with neutral for now. I have recently seen you more active in chat, however, the best I've seen so far was a few messages helping players. And I totally understand if we have different time zones. I'll update this when the time comes.

8. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Alex, thank you for your feedback! I just want to personally give you my assurance that I will be doing everything from this point forward not only to demonstrate to you but to many other players alike including current staff members that I’m the right player for this position.

Thank you once again! :)

9. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I won’t even lie.
    Kam, you seem to have matured a lot since I last had a bad opinion on you. Note that I’m not someone who holds onto grudges or counts for bias.

I’ve seen a lot of improvements to the former opinion I had of you doing most activities on Skyblock with intent to troll, harm other players, break rules, etc etc. Coming online recently (albeit not long periods) has shown me a change of mannerism that was originally what caused me to have this opinion. Although it may have seemed this way, I never disliked you or had a grudge against you. I find trolls funny and I just say it the way I see it.

Anyhow. I’m neutral, while you probably won’t be promoted due to your past mannerisms I do embrace the change, and wish you luck :)

10. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

I would like to express my appreciation to you PC, for taking the time to reconsider your initial decision on my staff application from a "no support" to a "neutral stance." It takes humility and an open mind to reassess a decision and make changes based on new information or a different perspective. Your willingness to do so demonstrates your commitment to fairness and a genuine desire to evaluate candidates on their merits. I am grateful for your consideration and look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate my abilities and dedication to the community.

I also want to encourage everyone else to keep an open mind and reconsider your original stance if you deem it necessary, even if it is in the negative direction. I'm always open to feedback and constructive criticism, and I'm willing to work diligently to address any concerns you may have.

However, with this being said please include feedback! When doing so it just helps me understand why you don't believe I'm a good fit for the team and will help me locate traits that may still need some work. No one is perfect and I don't claim to be. I just hope through my actions people are starting to see a positive change! If you agree or disagree please let me know!

Thank you for considering my application.

11. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Following on from PC's points, I too will move to neutral, I have seen a change recently that, while it may not help you get a staff position I do respect the fact you are trying, I see you help people and I respect it. Good luck!

12. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Hey Leo, I would like to take a moment to thank you personally for re-evaluating your initial decision on my staff application. Not only do I feel I'm growing as a player but I also know I'm growing as a person and this has much to do with things going on in my personal life! I will continue to keep doing my best and continue to keep making strives in my personal development not only as a player but at a person.

Thank you for considering my application.

13. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    The Network needs an able-bodied community member to represent it! sKam for staff!

14. pringlesman35

pringlesman35 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    pringlesman35
    in our interactions, me being a heavy eco main, i support, you seem to have grown alot since the start of this app, and reading alot of the comments i think you are fit for it compared to 2021 you, just consistent improvement is a great thing

15. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Hey, I appreciate it Pringlesman you know a lot has changed since 2021, but one thing that hasn't changed is my love for this server and this community. I've met so many great people over the years some of which still play today and some who have moved on from their time on the server that's one of the great things about this server is there are new players joining each and everyday and I'm so excited to interact and talk to all the oldies and the newbies. At the current moment I don't hop on eco as much as I should but I'm currently grinding out the new update and all of the new features that have come along with it. Once again thank you for your support.

Happy Skyblocking!
    : )

16. Sylph

Sylph Member

IGN:
    Sylphisms
    This Kam applicant gets my support.

Smiley face.

17. Imfe

Imfe Active Member

IGN:
    Imfe
    Hello Kam, Re-reading your messages has proven you're truly a different man. I feel like I've just read a star wars trilogy or even a Shakespearean sonnet. I'm proud of your actions recently and I've decided to choose Support, good luck in your endeavors Drskam; and keep making this application interesting for me, good to see this server has something worth looking at!

18. Sylph

Sylph Member

IGN:
    Sylphisms
    Reading through this, I've decided to move to neutral (but really still a support).

Good luck!

19. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

I would like to express my gratitude to Sylph for their support on my staff application. I am sincerely thankful for their unwavering support, which hopefully will one day play a pivotal role in a successful application.

Although our friendship has only been for a short while, I am incredibly grateful for the connection we've made. Thank you for your support once again!

Imfe, thank you for your unwavering support on my staff application. Your encouragement and belief in my abilities have been invaluable, and I am truly thankful for your constant encouragement throughout the process.

20. woahitsaustin

woahitsaustin Helper Helper

IGN:
    woahitsaustin
    I have to admit, I think I let some other peoples comments affect my opinion a bit without getting to know you fully. After interacting w you a bit I'm changing my no support to neutral, I wish I seen you on discord and in chat a bit more helping out if I'm being honest but I do think you have the potential to be a good candidate for staff if you work to improve these things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.