Accepted [JCNative] Inappropriate Chat [Michael] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by JCNative, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCNative

JCNative New Member

Ok, I made an account on this forums just to show how unbelievable this situation is. I got muted for an entire week due to me saying something that I'll admit could be hurtful. I will own up to what I did and take the punishment. However, the person who got me muted also threatened me in chat and got away with a 1 day mute. This player has not even been unmuted for a day and is already making, what could be seen as, death threats. Twxntyonepilots also known as trin, is literally doing the exact thing that caused her to become so upset that she got me muted for an entire week. Something needs to be done.

Attached Files:

2. JCNative

JCNative New Member

Look at this, she can't do this

Attached Files:

3. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    I’ll have a talk with her since I’ve been meaning to anyways.

4. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

5. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

6. JCNative

JCNative New Member

So when I tell twxntyonepilots to "off herself" I get muted for a full week, but trin can tell other people that she wants to cause people physical harm and tells them to "choke and die" and that's completely fine?? Im playing the game right now and I'm watching mods (cyk) yell at her for vulgar language and being disrespectful, and she's still facing no repercussions. Either it's all ok or none of it is. I should either get my mute reduced or she needs to be reprimanded in some way. This is in no way fair. Can I please get an update on this?

7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

She got her punishment but you cannot see this as staff do not broadcast mutes (generally).
    If she does something wrong, report it and she will be punished.

Your punishment stands regardless of what punishment trin gets. Next time it may help to not be disrespectful to others.
    [​IMG]

As you can see, your mute is completely within the bounds of our official rules. Trin was punished within these rules too.

8. JCNative

JCNative New Member

Ok, this will be my last post about this situation. As I said in my original post, I initially had no problem taking my punishment because I understand I was in the wrong. What I have an issue with is that I was given near the maximum punishment and trin was given the minimum for what can be seen as equal levels of disrespect. She may have faced further punishment since my postings but I am unaware of it. She was given a 1 day mute and as soon as she was unmuted she went right back to telling multiple people to choke and die, using vulgar language in the chat, and being disrespectful, to the point where mods were giving her warnings. I read the thread were she tried appealing her 1 day mute. A mod in the thread admitted that he was being generous with her based on her previous history. I interpret that as meaning that she has a history of doings things like this. Granted I am fairly new to the server, but I have never had an issue with another player. I try to be as helpful and as generous as I can, and will call out other people when I feel they are attacking another player. This is the first time I slipped up and it was because trin was being very disrespectful and inconsiderate in chat and was arguing with other players at the time. I wish I had taken screenshots because after trin threatened to report me, I asked how she felt she had the right to after threatening me and multiple other players. The problem initially arose from her talking about how crappy her life was and how she wanted to commit suicide. Players (including myself) then told her that a minecraft sever was not the place to be having this discussion, especially on the public chat. She then became very defense and began attacking other players when they told her to stop talking about suicide on the public chat. I then went on a rant and discussed how trin was in the wrong and how what she was doing was wrong. How the server is meant to be a place to escape our problems in the real world and just have a good time for a while. Multiple people agreed with me and reported her after she said she threatened to report us. At the time there were more people who considered her to be in the wrong than me. As I still think this situation is unfair, I will now drop the subject and take the remainder of my punishment. I thank the mods as they have been very helpful to me and other players on the server. They are always very quick in resolving conflict and in helping in anyway they can. That being said, I think this situation could have been handled differently. In the future and will simply report players instead of confronting and retaliating in the chat. Thanks again to the mods and everything they do for the sever and the players.
    With regards, JCNative

9. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hello JCNative,

I apologize for any misunderstandings that may have occurred. Unfortunately, I am not able to reset the mute to a more appropriate length, as Trin has already been punished for her offenses, and it would be unfair to give her another mute for the same thing. However, with that being said, I do realize that I may have been too lenient, and can understand your frustration with the way that this situation was handled.

As you have already served out nearly three days of your mute, I will go ahead and remove it for the time being, under the condition that this behavior is not to be repeated, and any future infractions will be met with a harsher punishment, due to the fact that you should already be familiar with the rules, especially those regarding insulting others and/or comments that could be seen as a death threat.

Before lifting your mute, I would like you to restate the rules, which can be found here, in your own words, to ensure that you fully understand what is and is not allowed on this server. Once that has been completed, considering your willingness to take responsibility for your actions, as well as explaining that you understand why your chat was offensive and should not be allowed here, I will remove your current mute.

As I have also suggested to Trin, I would like you to use our /ignore feature if you ever feel that the situation is escalating, and would like to no longer receive messages from a player; you are free to report them afterwards as well, if you feel that their actions deserve some sort of consequence. Rather than continuing an argument, it is generally best to try to avoid further interactions, until the situation has deescalated, and you feel that there would be no harm in receiving messages from the player again, in which case you can run the /ignore command again to remove them from the list of ignored players. Again, all of this is optional; however, it is a feature that I would strongly suggest taking advantage of, to avoid heated arguments.

10. JCNative

JCNative New Member

I'm aware that what I said was offensive and own up to it completely. I read through the rules before I started my island and they are pretty straight forward and line up with simple human decency. To put it simply, just don't say or do something that could be potentially hurtful to another player. I'm know that skyblock aims for an environment where people can go to have fun without fear of any form of ridicule or attack. If I have any further problems, I will take your advice and do the things you suggested.

11. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    If possible, please restate the individual rules in your own words, rather than a quick summary of the message they are trying to get across. We must request that players do this to ensure that they understand the specifics of our server rules, and also gives undeniable evidence that the player has read through the list, and fully understands each and every one. If you have any questions regarding any of our server rules, please feel free to let me know, and I will clarify it to the best of my ability.

12. JCNative

JCNative New Member

Player disrespect: don't call out an individual with the intent to hurt feelings or disrespect them in anyway.
    Chat offenses: don't cuss, bypass the filter, or spam the chat
    Nick abuse: don't steal someones nickname, (I don't use a nickname, and never intend to)
    Extreme chat offenses: no racism, sexism, death threats, homophobia, or discrimination of any kind
    Advertising: don't advertise other servers or inappropriate links
    Malicious links: don't post links to inappropriate sites or sites that could cause damage to a person
    Hacking threats: don't threaten to hack a player or the skyblock sever
    Private information: don't release things like names, numbers, or usernames of another person on skyblock
    Ban/mute evading: don't evade a ban or mute in anyway
    Scamming: don't post fake prices in your shop or rip people off
    Griefing: don't destroy or take items that belong to another player when you are trusted
    Island farming: don't reset your island multiple times with the intent of collecting the resources
    Inappropriate names or skins: don't have a name or skin that is inappropriate or offensive

13. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.