Islands without WorldGuard protection [Await Cyp]

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Stayen er Metuar, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    CypriotMerks
    Just trying to help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  2. Stayen er Metuar

Stayen er Metuar Well-Known Member

I appreciate your efforts.

3. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    To be honest, I don't think Cyp will respond to this as there's also ban appeals from mods waiting since weeks (months?). Well, I'm just waiting to be surprised lol

4. Stayen er Metuar

I see no reason to disagree with you, but at least I will be sure I did all possible to request help from those entitled to handle such requests.

Thanks again.

5. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Heya. You poor soul >.< it's nearly a year since you first asked for help on the issue and it doesn't look like you're any closer to solving it. I don't think I'd have had the patience to stay on the server if this happened to me... and I am a patient person.

Anyway I met you recently in game and you seemed nice, I too would like to offer to help move all your stuff to a new island (minus the contents of one starter chest and the dirt/sand of one starter island), if you don't mind having to rebuild everything. I'm on quite a lot during the daytime in Europe, so if you see me just ask in game, I'd be happy to help you. If someone bans me for helping you under this exceptional circumstance, I will be saddened by what the world has come to.

I understand that Cyp is a great guy with a lot of work under his belt but it boggles me that he's the only active administrator for all the Noobcrew Skyblock servers o_O Saying "the admin (singular) doesn't have time to deal with your problem" and maintaining that stance for nearly a calendar year is a sign of poor management, and surely an indication that another admin or two perhaps needs to be hired?? Honestly, I know Cyp doesn't have time to fix every little problem for each player but WorldGuard is easy, Cyp himself shouldn't have to deal with stuff like that in game... that's why you hire staff! I had limited WG perms as a mod on another server even before becoming admin on there, and WG regions were breaking all the time so I had to sort them frequently. It consists of holding a tool, left clicking once, right clicking once, then typing two commands. I think you could also do it simply with coords and commands. It doesn't take long at all to fix. I'm sure if Cyp himself doesn't have the time to deal with it, then even just giving SMods limited WG perms would suffice? I just think that abandoning the issue for so long is really unprofessional for a server of this size, and one that takes people's real money but doesn't have the time to give back in return. My friend runs his server out of a cupboard in his bedroom, and sure it's only half finished and things are broken most of the time, but at least he takes the time to try to fix problems for people, or at the very least asks someone else to deal with it on his behalf when he doesn't have time. Please, Cyp, help this guy or give a trusted SMod the perms to fix it for you... I think he deserves a medal for sticking around this long despite this issue. :heart:

6. Skyttles

Skyttles Experienced Member

I'll contact Cypriot on Skype later as this is something that has needed his attention for very long. :)

7. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

I'll try to ask Cyp next time I see him on .org ;)

8. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Yeah, if I had the perms I would "protest" (camp out at spawn with placards (signs) ) "What do we want?" "PROTECTION FOR STAYEN!" "When do we want it?" "AGES AGO!" Hahaha. But thanks guys for the attention, I think if enough of us pester about it eventually something will be done. :)
    (Off topic.. Hoe I :heart: your avatar) x

9. Skyttles

10. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

11. Ronnie Pickering

Ronnie Pickering Senior Member

A lot of things.

12. Skyttles

He has direct access to Cyp lel

13. Stayen er Metuar

Thanks for your support, folks. NekoEmmi , thanks for your offer of help. If I do not meet Magik (we're in significantly different timezones), I'll contact you about island re-start with items transfer. Of course, no problem to discard initial chest/all the initial blocks from the island.

AmazingGraceGirl , it was a pleasure meeting you in-game. Thanks for help with bridges.

14. Ronnie Pickering

Ronnie Pickering Senior Member

Lol if all you need to do is move your items, I can start an island and help move everything right now.

15. Stayen er Metuar

That's somewhat more complicated. First, things aren't all in chests yet. Second, I might need to logoff at any moment.

So, if an area where I could use chests (24 doublechests) could be available, it would be ideal - I would transfer everything, restart island, remove everything off it save bedrock and return everything there.

Thanks.

16. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Well I certainly have the space and I don't mind crafting that many chests, I have plenty of wood. Let me know ^^ x

17. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Experienced Member

If your island isn't that massive I'll schematic your island and paste it on your new island so you can have a region back.

18. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Omg Cyp you are a hero :heart:

19. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

*Cyp forgets 5 minutes later* :t

20. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

And my point is proven (annoyingly) :t