Skyblock How to: Making Mapart

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Woreos__, Aug 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ndrew11223344

ndrew11223344 Member

IGN:
    ndrew112233
    I had to, the guide was too good :> gotta give props

2. DarkHussar

DarkHussar Active Member

Thank you for the guide.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    bump cos this is helpful

4. slimjim

slimjim Member

IGN:
    freeslimjims
    this is an equation I wrote to calculate the distance to the nearest center coordinate of the nearest map which in turn tells you if your island is compatible and what package you will need. these first 2 lines tell you which map we are on by making a coordinate for the map we are on, where mx is the how far east the map is and mz is how far north the nearest map is. x is the x coordinate of the player and z is the z coordinate of the player. floor basically just means get rid of everything after the decimal so if the answer was 3.98989898123, instead of rounding up your answer would just be 3

mx = floor((x + 64) / 128)
    mz = floor((z + 64) / 128)

this next part uses the map coordinate calculated in the last equations to determine the coordinates of the center of the current map the player is on, where cx is the x coordinate of the current map center and cz is the z coordinate of the current map center

cx = (mx * 128 - 64) + 64
    cz = (mz * 128 - 64) + 64

this final part tells us the distance the player is on both axis's to the current map center by subtracting the player coordinate from the map center coordinate and then giving the absolute value.

distancex = |(x-cx)|
    distancez = |(z-cz)|

(if you suck at math just copy everything above here including the text and paste in in chat gpt, then tell it to use your coordinates and you need both numbers to be below 37 for the max island or 12 for the upgrade)

this next part determines what package you will need

if distancex <= 37 and distancez <= 37:

if distancex <= 12 and distancez <= 12:

island = "map art capable with 149x149 upgrade"

else: island = "map art capable with 199x199 upgrade"

else: island = "incompatible island"

chat gpt is somewhat unreliable so don't ask me for money if this doesn't work for you but it did for me, you should use this to save maps, and once you find one your satisfied with MAKE SURE YOU USE A MAP to make sure your island is at least slightly centered.

5. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    This needs an update given 1.19 has been released recently, server is going to switch to 1.19 soon and now Schematica is no longer compatiable after 1.12.2. For versions above 1.12.2-1.19, Litematica with the printing mod is now required. It involves more work to set it up, but the good news is there are features that aren't on schematica (least from my experience). One noticeable feature is a materials list where it can appear as a IUD Hub at the bottom right of your screen. It's not perfect as there are issues with accurately describing how much materials you need, but it helps provide a good gauge on where you are.

From my experience with Litematica, it prints much faster, its easy to tell what carpets or blocks you need as the holograms on 1.12.2 schematic basically overlap each other and make it hard to interpret what you need. in some cases its near impossible to find out unless you visually look at a certain height.

Here's what you will need:
    upload_2023-4-13_21-48-4.png
    upload_2023-4-13_21-48-31.png
    upload_2023-4-13_21-48-51.png

Links for the required mods:
    Litematica
    Malilib
    Fabric
    Litematica printer

Also a fair warning, If you have other mods installed make sure they are compatible with fabric because forge will not work for 1.19 so if your other mods dont work its probably because they aren't compatible. make sure to get the recent version too.

• Amazing Amazing x 1
  6. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    brandon estabrooks

7. Narwhal'

Narwhal' Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SonicNarwhal
    Thank you so much for this additional bit of info for the 1.19 update Archer, helps me out bigtime! Cheers man :)