Skyblock How to: Making Mapart

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Woreos__, Aug 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Woreos__

Woreos__ Active Member

IGN:
    Woreos
    How to:
    Making Mapart

Want to start making mapart but do not know where to start? Here is an "all-things and everything" guide on making mapart.

Obtaining a mapart island + hidden costs

Mapart making is expensive, there are general material costs as well as time you need to consider.

1. 128 x 128 mapart requires 16384 blocks, or about 4.5 DCs, 16 colors each make it a total of nearly 73 DCs of carpet that you have to be willing to buy at some point.
    2. Maps require 4 iron, 1 redstone dust, and 8 paper.
    3. Time, expect to spend upwards of 2-3 hours per map if starting from scratch and filling up the entire 128x128 map. (For context, the largest mapart at the time of this writing, the Smash bros 34x3 made by samlee5 and Joshlee5 would take nearly 8.5 days of continuous map-making by my numbers, and in practice took them about a month to finish.)
    4. Carpet cleaners require a lot of buckets and redstone, although redstone/bucket-free designs exists and are viable.
    There is also the upfront cost of obtaining a mapart island, which generally require that someone's money has to be spent to make it possible, unless of course, you simply purchase someone else's mapart island. But... lets say you want to obtain your own mapart island, for security reasons (to be explained later...)

Not every island can become a mapart island, this is due to new islands being
    procedurally generated every 200 blocks, when new mapart canvas are 128x128. Due to this, there will 99% of the time have some offset to the island that can either make the island expensive or impossible to make mapart on.

Hacks, Mods, and other Quality-of-Life additions

None of these are NEEDED, but rather, either simplify or automate the process.

Schematica + LunatriusCore

This mod allows you to display a hologram, loaded from a schematic file, for easier building. Insanely useful, practically required if converting images to mapart.
    Basic Chorus Flower Farm schematic

2020-08-16_00.44.57.png
    Rebane2001

Not a mod but a website. Converts images into schematic files so they can be loaded with Schematica to be built anywhere.
    MapartCraft

Baritone

Baritone is a Minecraft pathfinder bot, with useful features ranging from basic A->B navigation, automated farming/replanting, all the way up to pseudo-WorldEdit features. We will be using that last part for the rest of this guide.

2020-08-16_00.24.48.png
    NOW THIS IS THE S***, I kept this a bit of a secret for a while but seeing as people are in general less inclined to purchase my mapart services, figured now is a better time than ever to let it out. As mentioned, Baritone allows the automated building of massive structures and trivializes projects that can take weeks or months into a couple days. Especially powerful if used with alt accounts.

The simplest way to use Baritone is to install the Impact cheat client, which already comes with Baritone integrated. Other cheat clients come with varying levels of success but from my experience, Future cheat client API integration works fairly well with Baritone. KAMI Blue, Aristois, rootNET, WWE, Rusherhack, Inertia (thanks Jerry) also offer API integration (Copied from Baritone's github page).

Baritone can also be installed as a stand-alone forge mod, but that requires a few more steps and does not come with a GUI unlike the clients listed above. You will have to run all features/change settings through commands (which is not too bad since their github is well-documented).

Putting it all Together

Now that you have a mapart island, and installed all the mods listed above, you are now ready to start making mapart!

First, download the NBT file from Rebane2001 of your image choice, (Make sure game version is set to 1.12.2) import it to your schematica folder in your .minecraft directory. This can be done with the game opened or closed, it does not matter.

Second, load up the NBT file with schematica in the correct coords, generally has to be at the corner of the canvas located at the corner of the chunk, use f3+g to check.

2020-08-16_01.43.10.png

Third, with all the materials you need in your inventory, type #schematica and baritone handles the rest for you! At this point you can get on your alt to do other more important business or just play another game. The bot does not resupply at chests although you can re-code it to make it happen. Expect to resupply the bot at least 8 times since 128x128 takes about 7.1 player inventories.

FAQ

• Useful x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Amazing x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Cookie x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  2. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    wait u can use baritone to auto place stuff??????????? *cookie*

• Cookie Cookie x 2
  3. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    **Depends on client**

Thanks for the guide Woreos! It'll be useful to users new to mapart ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Rude Rude x 1
  4. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Wow, this is very informative. I didn’t know anything about making map arts, so this will definitely be helpful for players looking to get started with them :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

how come there are so many stone walls above your mapart i've never seen them exept on yours

6. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    can u make a how to barritone guide

7. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I can help if you'd like ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    ill discordx u later

9. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I've talked a lot with previous map-art experts and well-known map artists on 2b2t - usually about what they use, how they do it so efficiently, how to go to sleep and expect a fully completeled map art when you wake up. Unfortunately I cannot afford (or be bothered) to put hours into making my own mod based off of schematica that grabs supplies from chests and continues building, so I make do. I usually complete my maps in around 2 hours (if I can be bothered doing it in the first place), and that's with a few workarounds.

I'm against Reach and Timer for the one and only reason that it creates wayy too many glitch blocks. I usually only put Reach on for combat. Timer can be used as a speedhack or for other things - it is useful for notebot :)

For me, I only need 3 things:
    a) a client with NoGlitchBlocks (makes sure blocks are placed and makes no ghost blocks. Intertia/WWE and Future have this, I think Impact might)
    b) Forgehax
    c) Of course, Schematica and LunatriusCore.

Since our lovely server doesn't block Schematica's Printer (which is MUCH, MUCH MORE efficient to use than Baritone) it is logical to use this over Baritone for placing blocks. Yes, you can use .b build to automatically make your player move, but that's about all it is useful for.

I use Forgehax for the most important feature - AutoHotbarReplenish - which automatically replaces blocks, tools, among other things when they run out in your hotbar. Of course Schematica's printer does this already if it finds the needed blocks in your inventory, but Forgehax's hotbar replenishing is much more efficient and much less buggy than Schematica's. It also has a SchematicaHelper, which just helps you client with not crashing (this feature is good for staircasing, which isn't used a lot here).

NoGlitchBlocks is the most important thing in the process as it prevents blocks that shouldn't place from placing - preventing ghost blocks is a great feature to have as Schematica's printer tends to create these a lot.

Baritone's .b build is cool and all, but its much slower - which is why I recommend this.

Combining the two would be great - having Schematica's printer going while Baritone attempts to place blocks is something I attempted to do a while ago. I think I ended up crashing though.

p.s. I love your client :)
    p.s.s. now for the serious question
    p.s.s.s. did you buy it or are you using Future for Everyone
    p.s.s.s.s. I wouldn't trust Future for Everyone, but I know Crystallinqq enough to at least doubt that it is ratted.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  10. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

this was surprisingly a really interesting read! thank you for this :))

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    You make very good points.

I completely forgot about alt accounts, even when I have many of them. PC's starting to wear out a lot.

I never said I had anything against Timer - I just said I wouldn't recommed it. After all, all Timer does is adjust the client-side gamespeed, which can be done with a simple variable editor. This is why it's in Cheat Engine, pretty much every other client, because its simple, easy to code and very abusable.

Of course anybody would go with option 2 - if anybody could be bothered to properly set it up. Keep in mind that Baritone can also be downloaded as a standalone mod; you don't have to get a client to use it! (Even though gameplay is always better with clients :)) )

I also understand the time restrictions that people have and how much time it usually saves to have an entire process automated, I just didn't agree with the quirks that Baritone gives. Nothing against it - it's personal opinion.

Me and (I'd go as far to say) many others usually stick to option 1 as it's much more fun and satisfying to do than option 2, which is the reason we're here. We don't want to be rich over blocky pixels, we want to have fun. Of course, there's no harm in doing option 2 as well, please do not go off on me because I said something could've been better to do! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Woreos__ How do you get baritone to access your inventory? It always acts like the 27 slots don't exist.

13. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    4 posts above - Forgehax's AutoHotbarReplenish

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Thanks for the guide. I wont be making any map arts anytime soon so this will really help players that has just started

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Don't forget inertia! (it has baritone integrated as well along with tons of other cool features)

Amazing guide! I might make mapart sometime so this is perfect!

16. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    This is awesome! Thank you for this :)

17. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    Not map art related, but for the autoplace thing, can it go to chests and take items from it so it can refill an empty inv, that would be amazing if yes.

18. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    ;)

19. ndrew11223344

ndrew11223344 Member

IGN:
    ndrew112233
    just discovered this, incredible guide, ten thousand upvotes for you :>

20. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium