How Skyblock is dooming itself.

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Lz, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Mhm, I agree.

2. ThatRuzyiu

ThatRuzyiu Active Member

Lets be real here, your right, the server is declining, though controversies such as threads saying the server is decling are just adding to the problem. I hate those people who say the server is dying JUST because of the "server is dying" threads.

3. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Rude and unnecessary
    (...)if you divide the total amount of minecraft copies sold and divide it by the amount of days since it was created. You will get about 9280 copies sold per day. That's about the equivalent of the amount of copies sold per day now."
    -vfhuuuuu

EDIT: Skyblock sales are down by 11% . See post by Sleepyhead08 bellow this post. Sorry for the misinformation. I personally don't think Skyblock is dying because of the steady playerbase. As Sleepy says there are only a limited number of children to sell to. But as of now Minecraft has (due to YouTubers and other sources) a steady playerbase and is definitely not dying.
    The problem with that suggestion is what you include in that kit. Everything you include will get devalued. You can't make a kit that actually supplies new players (ex. 10 grass per 12 hours) since it would very quickly cause rapid inflation of grass. The former /kit tools is one of the only things you could do, but that was actually just a startup help so you wouldn't have to craft your own tools.
    Agreed
    ______________________________________________​

I agree. Crying around and whining never helps and never will, in this situation and in many others.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. Sleepyhead08

Sleepyhead08 Senior Member

That's not how that works...
    Also, note that the official Minecraft website puts the number at ~8450 right now.
    Even by your own 9280, we're down about 11%.
    Whether that's "dying" is up for interpretation. There are only so many kids to sell to. Regardless, get the data right pls ty

5. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I used to remember, a lot of people would be on, some of which are pretty awesome like Fight4Glory. But then donors started to populate the server. At least banner shops are still popular among the players. Skin comps are literally a scam imo because, assuming there are 20 players paying 1 grass, the ONLY winner gets like 10% of the profit while the rest is..well...profit lol. I missed the old days of Skyblock :( We had cool mods, cool players and a lot of people buying stuff. Now there's like 80 people max that show up and majority are donors. Everything is so f****ng cheap, ruining profits for a lot of business.

At least banners are still making the money.

6. alohacc99

alohacc99 Well-Known Member

I have to agree that things are becoming so cheap.... Greenies have no stable and proper channel to earn money. People do not build anymore, there is no demand for blocks :/
    Perhaps people are just bored and tired of the game itself. I mean most building servers are declining. People prefer to PvP in different custom made ways.

7. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

Honestly, I see the only real fix is to completely reset Skyblock and add back another one of the old servers (skywars, hellblock, endblock). Sure it's just a small distraction to drag people here that probably wont last long, but some of those people who play on those servers might move to the other ones, like net or org. If you take notice, when Skyblock was made up of four servers (Net, Org, Hellblock, Skywars), the playercount was incredibly high, usually around 400 people total, though the servers weren't merged then.

Then Hellblock was removed, and it dipped about 50 below that.

Then Skywars was removed, and the average sank down to about 250 people online total.

And now Org is basically dead (better options and stuff) and both servers have so much lag that I hardly care to even check up on the servers anymore.

People say that the server will last for awhile to come, even with a small community, but at this rate, I doubt it'll last to anywhere near the end of 2018.

8. superstar0113

superstar0113 Active Member

agreed, could draw players

9. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    I think we should be able to /iteminfo an item and put the custom banners in trade-shops.
    I sometimes give out free stuff.

10. alohacc99

alohacc99 Well-Known Member

Add back hellblock, at least old players will invest time again

11. Lynse

Lynse Active Member

The reason its dying is because of this thread. Make more threads like this = dead server. Help the server without making threads like this = help the server. Easy right?

12. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Hate to be an a**, but you made a thread with a similar topic to this?

13. amy

amy Guest

oh my god im so sick of threads like this honestly

14. nyxa

nyxa Experienced Member

these threads fuel my will to live keep on making them plz

15. amy

amy Guest

delete ur acc oMg

16. nyxa

nyxa Experienced Member

uHm bUllY : ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

17. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

People keep saying that the server is dying because of these threads. It's not. Stop being dumbasses and actually realize what's happening. The server has been dying for long before this threads started to be created, and these threads were created to address the issue. Sure it's dumb and flooding the forums, and sure, nothing we do really can stop Skyblock's downfall, it had to happen eventually.

So open your eyes and stop trying to find excuses for why the server is dying. It's going to die, threads or no. Just let it happen.

18. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Sorry to say, but with that paragraph you quoted I meant that banner shops were the only thing for non-donors left to sell almost all other items are/were being sold by huge shops that non-donors cannot rival. Your suggestion would contradict itself sadly.

Thank you for giving out free stuff! Very generous :)

*sigh*

This thread clearly points out (first sentence in the thread) that this is not a thread where I whine about the server dying and how we've lost it all. This is a explanation to the players and staff and the administrators etc. why this server is going downhill. Through this thread and the as of now 6 pages of community feedback it's a great great way to raise awareness of the issue. And with that awareness and lots of community feedback the administrators can work on that problem. I don't know if this is your first time being engaged in a community or forum online, but threads that show the issue are generally the way things get fixed. Developers/administrators see the threads and can fix them. I don't understand how this thread decreases the player count. What, it's so long that it scares the players away from Skyblock? Could you please explain your logic there?

Hope you understand. Thanks.

EDIT: Read the comment above by Goden . Was posted while I was typing.

EDIT 2: Cannot confirm, but if this is true I strongly agree with the first part.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  19. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for pointing that out. Will edit.

20. Lynse

Lynse Active Member

Apologies, I didn't read the whole thread. Like the idiot I am, I assumed that is what it was about. I'll defiantly find time to read it line by line.