How Skyblock is dooming itself.

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Lz, Sep 30, 2016.

1. LetsPlay1196

LetsPlay1196 Active Member

That's what i miss when it got removed, but on Skyblock.org there is still a Mob-Arena, which i kinda hate, that this is true, if .net will bring back the mob-arena, the server might get a bit more popularity. and yes i know .org is not as popular as .net

2. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Mob arena was removed due to server lag

3. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Probably not.

4. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Leon, so many players responded to you about what is wrong with skyblock. I want to readdress your main point that new skyblockers need a reliable source of income.

Trading is not the only way to earn grass blocks. I listed examples here:

2016-10-05_15.31.21.png

I made this wall of signs as a guide to new players. /Visit Skyblockhelp

Ultimately it is a player's choice to be industrious or not, but my hope is that this island can be a starting point.

5. tribal_farts

tribal_farts Member

lol i rmember getting donor to bypas playr limit

6. luckynumber56

luckynumber56 Well-Known Member

yea I remember that was the primary purpose of donor10 when I got it, nobody REALLY cared about the kits as much as getting into the filled up server. now its a useless perk lol.

7. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

IDC ITS A GAME.

8. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

and what use did that do?

9. Sega_inc

Sega_inc Experienced Member

IGN:
    BarefootContessa
    I remember when Skyblock was very active.. it's sad to see it's declining.

10. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    the decline is real...

11. Cosmic_TurtleMan

Cosmic_TurtleMan Member

@Cyk753 ^: (Hazaah!) Nice. I concur, and then some. More can be done, too.

The younger generation si only getting started with MC. Places like SkyBlock have a definite niche they fulfill for the online gaming and student community and the older scholar gaming community. I do not necessarily agree with all of the things that MC is being used within academics, yet there are some advantages as well, although it certainly cannot be ignored.

There are lessons, albeit valuable ones, that can be learned in the study and applications of experience for comprehension and action by way of both theory and practice in economics. This is the time for this to take place, if the economy of industrialized society is to survive with entrepreneurs intact and avoiding an oligarchal pseudo-serfdom public fronted by way of technocracy laden "science theocracy". This server and others like it are teaching many fundamentals with these and other important issues.

Sure, as times change to remain in the flow of things there need to be changes, growth and advances and further developement that will make the place more enticing......That's just good business....we often call it progress. Move ahead or fall behind into obscurity is a constantly changing format in life and survival, every aspect of it. Online activity is a real life changing and altering formula and all enterprise answers to the equasions of utility. Therefore, innovation and improvements are a requirement for survival. Sound familiar? Play MINECRAFT much?

You can save and advance these servers. It is possible and it is indicitive of the very lessons being taught by this game. Work together, make the world and that includes this gaming world a better place. Stagnation is the antithesis of health yet it must be recognized and revitalized like mulch to produce a thriving life giving garden in a world of wonder.

Will you save this server and advance this gaming system and keep on par with the expectations of the populace and their needs for self determination and their own growth?

That is entirely up to you and your willingness, both as a single contributor of the people and as a group working together and in compitition, hopefully without too much contradiction, with one another.

Sometimes inspiration is best found in the common sense of fiction that people will often relate to best because of how it speaks to that inner spark that needs to be relit so often in each of us....until it is blazing hot. The fire on the inside must be hotter than the fire on the outside, after all.

"Go, confront the problem. Fight! Win! [normal voice] And call me when you get back, darling. I enjoy our visits." -Edna Mode, The Incredibles

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  12. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    this will always be an issue in an economy server as well as in real life. its part of the reason that income taxes were introduced in real life. i feel like *income taxes* could help solve this issue but it would be super hard to implement and the richer donors wouldnt be too happy about it.

edit: not 100% sure about this

13. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

In real life, as you mentioned, there are taxes, there are none here. It's horrible

14. CreamCheese

CreamCheese Active Member

Does it make sense to ask if the owner/s might want Skyblock to fail?
    I'm guessing they are making a lot more money on Mineverse and perhaps the effort here is not worth it to them. They certainly seem to be around a lot less these days.

15. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I was currently online a few minutes ago before I made this post, and I saw how many players were on. Skyblock needs to find some way to get more players.
    2016-10-11_11.16.24.png

16. CreamCheese

CreamCheese Active Member

currently a few minutes ago??
    That sense no make.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  17. Your GrandPopDaddy Rise<3

Your GrandPopDaddy Rise<3 Active Member

What english many known?
    Skyblock is just not cut out for long term economy. It is almost impossible to get a stable economy with donation perks. Even with a reset the economy will only be balanaced for "so" long before returning to unstable dictations by the donators. There needs to be a reset, and rework on the entire donation playing field.

18. clarkmar

clarkmar Active Member

I understand the plight. I have donor but I didn't intend on helping drive price of cobble and stone down but on my island i have supplies to build fast cobble/stone generator anyone can build to make a little grass, also if people would fish they can make money selling items that are only in the donor zone[NET].
    The biggest thing is youtube that's where most see new servers or old ones that get popular overnight and go from 30-50 players to over 2000/day.
    An update to 1.9 or 1.10 would help new items & Enchantments, 1.10 hopper dupe doesen't work unless your isl is in the right chunks. so we could use items that are disabled finally.

19. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I haven't notice I put currently, thanks for pointing that out :p

20. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, this is still pretty damn relevant and a fix could be implemented.