Hovergame

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by unnown, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unnown

unnown New Member

Please remove the hovergame as this is soo... easy to abuse.
    I can just run a program and win it all day without ever having to interact with it.
    Even add some closes misses, etc. etc. nobody will ever know and it's just to easy

sidenote: staff will not ever suspect this, since it's using randoms and what not...

• Support Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. unnown

unnown New Member

also, obviously able to proof it, and will remove any ill recieved items ;-)

3. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Maybe there can be a timer for how many times you can guess or some type of fix. I understand this is being abused and there are options to fix it, support.

4. unnown

unnown New Member

only a timer would work, no textual fixes would actually work

5. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

I agree partly. The hovering part is damn annoying. They should just say the word. I'm a fast typer, and I'm sure there are quite a few fast typers on this server as well. I'm also pretty sure BertBerry can beat a program when typing a short and simple word(which make up the vast majority of all the skychat words) like minecraft or slimeblock.

6. BostonNerdism

BostonNerdism Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    make the answers in different color codes hahaha , im a genius

7. unnown

unnown New Member

No. The program can always beat everybody if wanted. And color codes won't change much. Would take about 1-2 hours to recode and win again... And scrambling the word does not help either. Also whenever there is a new word it just adds it to a list after somebody else wins or when the word is announced. And it will win the next time that word is used.

8. unnown

unnown New Member

I would say limit the wins or add a different game. Like a lottery... Or something

9. Beemo

Beemo Active Member

IGN:
    hakooo
    bump look at this screenshot. Imgur: The magic of the Internet this shouldent be allowed neither add rules or just remove it. Its just a free grass farm for the peoplewith binds.

10. LittleEmiRose

LittleEmiRose Well-Known Member

Screenshot by Lightshot
    edit: Screenshot by Lightshot (this is when I'm warmed up c: )

I type roughly 117+ words per minute if I do not have any typos. You can see that shown in the screenshot above. I don't think that it's unreasonable to believe that someone who can type this quickly can type a few short words in a few seconds.

I admit, for THIS unscramble, the one that you linked, I had my mouse hovered over the chat. I do not usually do this, but I was afk grinding anyway, and I knew that a decent amount of time had passed between the last SkyChat, and I knew it was going to happen soon. I was already just sitting and letting mods grind for me, so I had the time to just camp out the chat.

I don't bind. I don't know anyone that does bind. The only "binding" done for SkyChat are some people that copy-paste "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", which ticks everyone off, and they're called out for it immediately. I do not do this.
    I don't have a timer set so I know when the game is going to show up. I just know instinctively that a SkyChat is going to show up roughly around a time, just because I am used to playing it and I can very roughly guess when the next one is going to show up. Usually that is done by just thinking to myself: "hmmm.. a SkyChat hasn't shown up in a long while, so that probably means it's going to show up within a minute.

You constantly harassing me in chat for using "binds" that I do not use is absolutely rude. Private messaging me, calling me a hacker, a liar, and mocking me nonstop for saying your claims are incorrect are sincerely angering. I tell you over and over to stop messaging me, and you continue to harass me.

Stop calling me a binder; I do not use binds, and it genuinely upsets me that you will not drop this and that you continue to be a jerk about it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  11. Beemo

Beemo Active Member

IGN:
    hakooo
    ? I thought you were the one who called be an a*****e

12. LittleEmiRose

You're correct. I did so because you were inappropriately harassing me, as well as incorrectly flaming me, despite me providing evidence and asking you firmly to discontinue your actions. But that's not quite on topic, is it? :)

13. Beemo

Beemo Active Member

IGN:
    hakooo
    Idk I didnt think I was harassing you exactly. I mean you did call me an a*****e because I thought you binded.

14. LittleEmiRose

Incorrect, it was after you flamed and harassed me. Take it to a pm if you'd like to continue, we're quite off-topic, dontchathink?

15. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Why not just remove the prize from the hover game? Makes people less salty about it.
    Because once people get a taste of the words in it, they can easily memorize the patterns in the scramble and have an unfair advantage over new players; the people I assume this game is really for. The game isn't exactly fun for people who don't play 24/7, who are new, and cannot type 100+ wpm or have bad ping.

Games like mob arena work because new players have a chance to participate with no real handicaps. It is combat skills that get tested, which means new players with good combat skills can enjoy the game. It makes the community work together to all get the main prize.

Unfortunately the admins and devs need to think that we are all going to exploit everything new they add, then make sure they code things and add things accordingly.

Ps. Whether or not someone keybinds, it is irrelevant. This is minecraft, who even cares at the end of the day. It isn't against the rules and people should have remembered about keybinds before adding a plugin like this

16. LittleEmiRose

I'd be down with this. I actually like doing a race to see if me or the other people who are insanely fast at the game (i.e. Bert or Pugs) will win; I would be kinda bummed if it were to be removed.
    It also is a slight motivator for me to pay more attention to the chat and I end up more talkative as a result (be that a good or bad thing).

I don't care about the grass prize, I just like bein competitive over somethin I know I'm decent at :C
    (the grass is just a plus considering how broke I am atm, but it's only 1 or so grass, so it's not a life-changer)

17. BostonNerdism

BostonNerdism Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    there is a lottery silly , /lot , it takes 1 or two grass ( /lot buy 1 or 2

18. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'd support to remove the grass, which is a shame but the game is unfortunately abused. But I do like the idea of the game, and people do like to test their typing against other players on the server so I think the best solution is to remove the reward, but keep the game. Although, it is only one grass so it's not like it's affecting the economy or anything massively.

19. Annn

Annn yoongi Premium

IGN:
    AN_AM
    No Support

I don't have a good reason for my no support, but I just like to see the minigame in the game

I get that it could be abused via mods, but I personally have never seen it happen.

20. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral,

We could add a timer to do that, but we can't remove the skychat plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.