Economy Hostile Spawners, Economy!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Megan, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    We have no set time for this yet. As a team we are working hard to ensure it is ready within reasonable time!

This is why we have reached out to the community, not only to get you involved in the project with us but so you can assist the process :)
    I know this doesn't answer your question but unfortunately there is no date to give. Thanks :)

2. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

I will check and if not, I’ll make one.
    Big water bowls, even if not changing states, add major lag on built up islands like mine. That wouldn’t affect the tps?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    I understand your concern, perhaps there is something that can be done :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Thanks megan.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OUO

OUO Member

IGN:
    OUO37
    Thank you but I'm concerned that it will but a lot of lag for people who don't have good pcs i want the server to be lag free for everyone, but I'm normally wrong about these things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    I agree, however the sort of lag this will mainly cause will be server lag and not client side, so it wont be an issue weather their pc is good enough or not, however I agree that this could cause server side lag, mainly because of the issues economy has with flowing water, hopefully that can be fixed along with this update :) Also agree some mob drop prices should be changed along with this.

7. Zziiggyy

Zziiggyy Active Member

I'm not sure I agree with a witch spawner hurting the redstone economy. Though I don't play as others, from kit and voter crates I have DC of redstone Blocks and haven't played econ long. I've been killing Mobs on my island for about 3 weeks and found the redstone drop from witches seem rare - I get lot more (sticks obviously) glow dust, sugar, gunpowder , and bottles than redstone.
    Which ever way the wind blows I'm good, I look forward to whatever spawners become available.

Thanks!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    If you get the time please fill in the form! We will review all the feedback, thank you for your contribution, it is really helpful! :)

9. SuperCoolWimp

SuperCoolWimp Active Member

Pretty flippin' hyped for these hostile spawners, LETS GO #hype #ggSTAFF #theSTAFFrock
    :)

10. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo sees very little value in hostile spawners other than novelty value.
    Even with a full compliment of spawners, the balance gained from the mob drops is going to be significantly lower than selling from pumpkin profit shops that require no outlay of skybucks or effort.

A greenie can make over $200,000 skybucks per hour using profit shops.
    To make the same money from mob drops, you would need to sell the following quantities per hour. Not all of them, just one row.

upload_2022-7-2_14-40-14.png

Drogo has used the /sell all price, because the price at /warp shop is not much more and by being away from your spawners, you will likely get less for the loot for a lot more effort of selling manually.

With the 45 second cooldown on /sell all, players can sell at most 184320 items per hour so most of the mob drops cannot match pumpkin profit shops, even if you had 1000 spawners.

Even if you purchase the spawners because you want the mob drops, you would likely still be better of, using pumpkin profit shops and buying the stuff from /shop.

Drogo is starting to sound like a broken record here because he has said this a number of times, but Prices Need To Change!!!

Of course if prices do change, then that would change peoples valuation of spawners and so any data collected so far from players is likely useless.

Drogo knows some staff might not like to hear all this, but Drogo doesn't say it to rock the boat, he says it because it makes sense!!!!
    Please don't ban Drogo for saying so!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    I actually really appreciate this data and agree with what you're saying.

On the other hand, I do think, from a functional stand point, it's still worth introducing the mob spawners into economy just so the resources dropped are easier to obtain. (But yes, your overall point regarding prices is correct)

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    You might also consider compensating those who purchased the spawner kits as the value of pig spawners has dropped dramatically, since croppers were brought in.
    You should at the very least, change the ad on the webshop to clarify, that the 'mob spawner' kit. only gets you pig spawners. Nowhere in the purchase process does it mention this.
    upload_2022-7-2_17-28-35.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    I appreciate your concern regarding this but please keep this these relevant to the Hostile Spawner request only. Thanks :)

14. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I also want to see spawners and appreciate the addition, but nothing is gained easier than buying it from /shop.
    So that the spawners come in with the desired outcome, the sell prices need to be balanced. Everythings worth needs to be based of how much profit can be made from it over the same period of time.
    But given so many people have spent so much money, like 100's of millions and months of effort building pumpkin/melon farms, it is only fair that they remain the most profitable items.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I do see this as relevant, you are introducing hostile spawners to the game and people buying that kit will be expecting hostile spawners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I think what is important is what will end up being the spawner which gives the highest spawner/$ per minute ratio because really no matter the price thats what everyone will end up using ! will it give more $ per minute compared to pumpkins ??
    I would be happy if some of these new spawners equalled money gain as compared to pumpkin farms! a few times in the server history has the meta changed especially when they added crophopper , everyone back then who spent millions and months on farms had to adapt to the crop-hopper, some times its part of the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo agrees regarding most profitable spawners being what people will go for. Same happened with croppers. People only want lvl 3 croppers for that reason.
    Drogo also reluctantly agrees that spawners, or any other method of income needs to rival pumpkin farms. Whether it’s fair to those with systems already in place (Drogo being one) things have to level out to bring more variety to the server.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  18. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    It is definitely something we will discuss :)