Hoping to set things right Matt.

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by KhalDrogo, Nov 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    This post is in response to matt 's closing comments in his update thread in which he seems to have taken some comments out of context and decided to have a go at me before quickly closing the thread.
    https://skyblock.net/threads/global-updates-november-21st-2023.144258/

I reached out to Matt since then, but he's been unavailable for comment.
    Seeing as he thought it ok to say what he did in public forums, I figure that's a good place to set things straight.

Let me say first, I do appreciate what Matt and Dex do for the server.

Matt seemed to have issue with this post of mine.
    upload_2023-11-28_19-19-4.png

Which if you look at it, is nothing but a direct response to offline 's post. It is factual and while I mention TPS and in game income, I make no suggestion that the update had anything to do with those things.
    If anything, it was Offline that suggested the update improved TPS but I certainly wouldn't expect him to be mocked for that error as I was, despite my not actually making that error.

I assume Matt read only my comments and not the post to which I was replying and took them as criticism and so followed up with this.
    upload_2023-11-28_19-49-23.png

I understand, that if my post was read on it's own, without the context gained by seeing that it was a reply to some other post, that it could be seen as criticism so I clarified that my feedback was only that we were still experiencing mass disconnections.

But Matt continued to quote my post out of context and quite rudely suggested that I was wrong, making false claims and needed educating, before he slammed the thread shut.
    upload_2023-11-28_20-5-23.png

Now I might have been wrong in thinking that the mass disconnections that the players were still experiencing (which was the only feedback I gave) were the same ones that the update rectified, but that was all I was wrong about and I was far from alone in that and a simple explanation would have resolved that.

I have no hard feelings Matt but I do ask that if you are going to flame a player in a public forum before hastily closing that thread, please be sure to read the whole post so that the proper context can be gained.
    What staff members say, carries weight, as well it should, so it is important that it be correct.
    Forums posts are not always about the original post, there are branches and replies and sometimes they go off topic a bit and it all needs to be looked at to gain proper context.

Too often, what staff members say on this forum is taken as gospel and if they might be wrong, it is assumed right anyway and those reading it will form the same view. Such as these people. (except Timmut)
    upload_2023-11-28_20-28-6.png

As you said, I have been around a while and this is certainly not the first time a staff member has taken something out of context or made an incorrect assumption but when they do, that ill feeling towards a player spreads through out the staff team whether it is deserved or not. It taints further staff interactions with that player where it shouldn't.

But like I said, no hard feelings.
    Take care.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  2. SuperCoolWimp

SuperCoolWimp Active Member

OMG I'm so happy you werent wrong this is the best moment of my life, A+ work homeslice.

3. offline

offline Well-Known Member

Drogo ur good. If I were you I'd just shake it off and don't care anymore or at least send a mail with PGP Encryption to Matt. No one of those reactions will think "Drogo is dumb" or "Wow he got owned". So maybe call it a day. It's all good and let's continue bashing staff for the bad server performance.

4. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I'd be lying if I said I've never taken comments out of context so there no ill will.
    Just clearing the air in the hope that it doesn't result in another unwarranted black mark in the book of Drogo. ;)

5. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    Truer words have never been spoken.

6. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Nothing to say matt ?

7. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    Rather than have an actual discussion, Matt seems to think insulting someone and preventing them from responding is a mature way to handle a problem. It’s sad to see such a great community of players on a server run by a staff team of children.

8. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Ngl seeing these posts calling out dex, crew, matt staff etc is starting to get tiring. Leave this feedback in a staff report instead of trying to rile everyone up.
    I get the need to discuss things like this, but repeatedly trying to force answers by spamming staff with the same question isn't the way.

9. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    I will be locking this thread.

I see zero issue with Matt's responses to you Drogo. And I stand by what he said.

We've made a drastic improvement to the overall network that once was causing constant disconnects for players. TPS issues can cause a slowdown of the overall server, not disconnects. Yet you kept trying to get a rise out of Matt about on-going unrelated issues on a thread that was otherwise showing positive server improvements.

Matt has always been on the backend improving our servers, network, and security. We would not be here today without his expertise and consistent help. Furthermore, he was never a fan of being involved with player drama for this very reason, it's quite sad that he made his first post after over a year of something positive and you found a way to attack it.

This entire post is unnecessary and this is your final warning. We will start banning players from the forums including you that consistently spread negativity. You are aware of what you do and we are over it.

If you make a post mentioning my comment or attempting to extend this conversation you will be banned. If you have further questions you can dm me on discord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.