[Help Wanted] Looking for a Good Replacement Laptop

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by archerexpert777, Aug 13, 2019.

?

Which is a good replacement

1. HP

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Lenovo

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Acer Aspire 5 with Ryzen 3 3200U

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Acer Aspore 5 with i3-8145U

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Bro, triple posting’s not allowed lol. Fair enough that you’ve done s*** with their products, but you use a Mac so I wouldn’t have exactly trusted your experience with pcs that run windows instead lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    What do u mean first I have windows installed on my MacBook but I use both os one for work one for gaming. Then I also have 4 laptops with windows and two PCs one with windows 8 and one I built myself with windows 10. I think I do have enough experience with windows thank you.

3. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Sorry - wasn’t trying to question your experience lmao. I just read that you recommended a Mac lmfao. I don’t exactly bother to read all these threads in detail so I’m not claiming that I’m completely correct lol. My bad

4. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    o its alright, just a mmisuderstanding :thumbsup: thats all

5. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    From my experience with my Inspiron 15, it's a good laptop however the specs can be better as well as the build quality for the price I got.

The XPS desktop from 2010 I sometimes use is nothing but expensive trash. Only great thing is the i7-2600. GPU is legit the worst for the price, storage is average. Hell even the XPS desktops today haven't really changed in terms of specs and price. HP is little bit more expensive however there's more value and performance than the xps desktops

6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    All laptop keyboards are pretty indecent imo, which is why I bought an external usb keyboard to use instead of my laptop keyboard. Also who tf uses the trackpad? And speakers? There’s something called a mouse and a headset lmao

My experience with LG was different but that’s because we buy 3rd party. Mojang worst customer support because of the amount of back-up options they have: f***ing 0. It’s either purchase method or email which in some cases for people are completely gone; a few cases more than 7 years ago. Mine was gone maybe 5 years ago and the bank account was close 3 years ago. It’s stupid, and that’s also how I lost my main account (PCcoolguy100)

We’ve also gone completely off-topic to the thread. I recommend just saving your money and buying a decent computer in the future archerexpert777

7. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    I already saved up for a 700-800 dollar PC. I plan to buy it during Black Friday (end of november) so I can get a good deal on it.

If it helps, I'm trying to get a laptop that's around like my loaner laptop

8. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Yeah good. With that money you can get a computer that can play almost every game released rn at least 60 fps so ye

9. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Alright so I have nailed my choices down to these laptops: Acer 5 Aspire with i5-8265u and UHD 620 + 8 GB RAM, or the same Acer but with the Ryzen 3 2200u. Both have similar specs.

I'm also looking into gaming laptops. Price range $600-800 USD. So far I have interest in the Acer Nitro 5, Asus TUF, MSI GL63 (and similar models), and the Lenovo Ideapad L340. Any feedback, suggestions, or cons?

10. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Ideapads are sht don't buy them. They're literally the laptops the teachers at my primary school used.

A TUF would be nice though, but I'd say anything with a GPU that's not Intel HD/UHD is decent, so get that Ryzen.

• Like Like x 1
  11. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    The Ideapad i'm talking about is a gaming model one but I can get what you're saying. I've seen Ideapads mostly used for people working in the front office as it's a great way to type up and edit documents, surf the web, and have a strong battery life. I'll see if I can get the TUF. My plan is to sometimes take it with me to places (e.g. school, or on vacation). That way I can do a lot of things while I'm away from home