Guide: Island level - what helps the most?

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by ViralSB, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
?

Last post was about beginning skyblock, do you want a more advanced in-depth tutorial?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ViralSB

ViralSB Member

IGN:
    ViralSB
    After recording data for a few weeks, I have found some of the most efficient ways to make your island level go high using some expensive blocks, but some very cheap blocks! Keep reading to find out!
    Expensive Materials
    Diamond Blocks - Very rare but give island level for sure!
    Bookshelfs - Alot placed will result in your island level going high!

Cheap Materials
    Stone bricks - Just place a ton, and your island level will sky rocket!
    Furnaces - Will make your island level higher with alot placed, but:

Warning | Alot of furnaces placed will result in lag! Using them is not reccommended.
    These methods have all been tested on the economy server. Heres the results of them:
    Diamond block: N/A
    Bookshelf:
    A tower I built using bookshelfs made my island level go up 200 points!
    Stone bricks: 1 tower boosted about 200 levels
    Furnaces: 1 tower I built boosted around 100-150 levels.
    These are all ABOUT the correct levels, there are no percise ones.

WARNING | If you are a /skyblock or /classic player, these methods MAY NOT WORK as I have only tested them on economy! If you'd like to see the towers then join economy and message me (/msg ViralSB)! Levels MAY NOT be the same on classic and skyblock rather than economy, so I cannot assure you these methods will work on the other servers which arent economy.

Please leave a comment if this helped you, it took over a day to figure out these rates :)
    -ViralSB

• Like Like x 1
  2. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    Thank you so much! I find the bookshelf one really interesting, hopefully I can get the chance to try that! Thanks for making this :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Can you include how much a block raises your island level?
    I'd suggest placing some, typing /level, and then checking the difference.

4. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    It's a bit of headache to check. You only use /level ever so often. They have a decent cooldown on it since it's somewhat resource intensive to check island level. And they try to discourage people from figuring out how much blocks are worth lol.

We also don't know their level system. So there's always a chance it takes more blocks to gain levels the higher level your island is.

5. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

I know it takes time, which is precisely why it should be included in a guide :)

Making a guide about island levels reduces the need for players to check themselves. From experience the level increase is always linear, but that's also something which can be reviewed in a guide.

6. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    This is true. The research is interesting. I just don't want someone to put themselves through all that boring testing unless they're super into the cause. I may test it one day if I ever reach peak boredom

Update: Just learned a quick and easy way to check block values. Thread on /skyblock block values coming tomorrow

Update 2 years later: That thread never came. At the time, developers preferred to keep the exact values of blocks hidden. The large scale method I was doing involved using 20 bot accounts, placing multiple DCs of blocks, so the block values would be pretty darn close. Ruins the mystery of things a bit, and probably was for the best to remain murky.

On top of that, block values change over time, and the way values are calculated most likely has become more complex over time. Any inclusion of scalable-algorithms would also make calculating block values fairly difficult. If one of those systems was already in place at the time of me first writing this, I would've just been receiving the average block value over the given span, and not actual block values.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 25, 2021