[Global] Creative/Rollback to Mods

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by dolpinmilk, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Well why make it illegal if it's "our own fault"?

2. Sam

Sam Senior Member

because then trades really wouldn't get accomplished
    they'd just all be scams

3. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    True, I guess...

4. dolpinmilk

dolpinmilk Well-Known Member

True. I know this has indeed happened in the past. Perhaps letting staff IP check players would work. But still, thisll be a small amount of people. I feel the bigger picture shows that the players need to be refunded or they'll simply quit.

5. Jennie

Jennie Senior Member

IGN:
    Supermonkey000
    As Cyp said he will not do very big refunds because it'll make the community a lot more hard to trade in. The mods try their best to find the missing items via lb lookup but it's best to be safe about your trades. If it seems unrealistic get a mod to exchange the times for you with /invsee or to have them watch the trade. You can also use trade shop to completely prevent scams because then they have no choice but to use it if they want the items. Be smart about trades because mods aren't always able to garuntee a refund and neither can Cyp or Crew.

6. Dooku333

Dooku333 Well-Known Member

Cyp dare I ask the actual point of you having creative if not for refunding players?

7. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

So basically Jennie and Cup, I'm not going to get my refund :eek: :(

8. dolpinmilk

I feel everyone defending not giving creative to smods only bring up the point of HUGE scams and players making HUGE profits. This isn't the point I'm trying to make. While this topic does bring about the idea of returning Cyp heads or Crew heads, that isn't the main problem here. These items are so rarely scammed and actually most are traded through a mod. In reality, I made this thread for the people who are scammed of the smaller stuff. The small green beans just starting out that are scammed of 3 diamonds. They deserve a refund, without having to go through 3 page threads on forums resulting in a rich player feeling bad to refund them. I mean, who would stay on a server where you can't get refunded?

9. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

Good point :p

10. Jennie

Jennie Senior Member

IGN:
    Supermonkey000
    They usually do get their refunds. The mods have a mod vault for those kind of refunds.

11. dolpinmilk

I thought every said the mod vault was near empty and had nothing useful in it? .-.

12. Jennie

Jennie Senior Member

IGN:
    Supermonkey000
    When there isn't an item we need for refunds we usually take from our own pockets. There's also some generous donations to the mod vault by players.

13. dolpinmilk

While that's good and what mods should do. It's a bit ridiculous you can't get stuff back because no one has creative.

14. Jennie

Jennie Senior Member

IGN:
    Supermonkey000
    It's not ridiculous. It's smart. It was abused before and if something can happen once it can happen again. The mods are there to help and assist. We are not forced to give from our own pockets, we do it from the kindness of our hearts and because we are dedicated to helping the players of the server. We try when we can.

15. dolpinmilk

It is ridiculous that there isn't enough trust to allow mods to refund without giving out of their own pocket.

16. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Srsly support. Its stupid how players refund instead of staff/mod. Rollback would be excellent. And Also CypriotMerks add LogBlock in org as we had a few cases of griefing and scamming...

17. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Rollback is great, but it dupes like crazy.

18. dolpinmilk

When 45 of your coops spawners disappear, but no one knows why... Pls log block on org

19. Jennie

Jennie Senior Member

IGN:
    Supermonkey000
    As Cyp said, He trusts us but unpredictable things can happen. Account hacks, a mod could be corrupted without anyone's knowledge, abuse, storing away items for their own use, there's many things that can go wrong that they don't even want to take the chance.

20. dolpinmilk

Bumping this. I know Cyp is against it, but it doesn't mean it can't change