[Global] Creative/Rollback to Mods

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by dolpinmilk, Jun 11, 2016.

1. nyxa

nyxa Experienced Member

^^^ Agreed.

Support.

But just smods.

2. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Agreed.
    Not too sure if Cyp would actually allow that, though. It'd honestly be great as refunds would be much, much quicker.

3. Sleepyhead08

Sleepyhead08 Senior Member

At the very least, give the mods a vault where they can get stuff to refund from. We used to have that when I was mod, but there was barely anything there.

4. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

Surely Cyp and Crew need to trust their super mods seen as they themselves promoted them because they can trust them and they're ready. And these super mods have been with us for ages, and I'm pretty sure they all seem mature and don't want to loose their rank. I'm sure Cyp can figure that out too. And I've literally been bugging Cyp for ages about my refund xD
    #SMods4Creative!

EDIT: Support by the way xD

5. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Experienced Member

No one will ever get creative mode. We have trusted moderators in the past with creative mode and most of the moderators that had access to creative was giving out grass, rares etc to friends.

We even found lots of chests in hidden places that were placed by ex-mods with creative items inside. Few moderators knew about this and can witness this as they were helping me getting rid of unlegit items.

If this happens again all of you players would be angry and upset and just think about the amount of hours you spent on Skyblock and hard work you have put into Skyblock earning these rares only to find players who haven't played the server for so long with beacons, diamonds, stacks of grass.. and so on.

It's best if crew and I are the only two people with creative.

As for rollback it was removed from all moderators because players were pretending to be looted to duplicate items using rollback.

Edit: With island protection added rollbacks aren't really needed. It's called /trust for a reason. You have given them permission to edit your island

Moderators are suppose to try and confiscate the looted items from the looter and refund the player.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  6. mijiperki

mijiperki Well-Known Member

Not Ever? Not even someone that you really trust?

7. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

1 question as ur here.
    PROMOTE ANOTHER ADMINISTRATOR!

Thankies :3

8. dolpinmilk

dolpinmilk Well-Known Member

I do agree with most of what you said here but there still is the huge issue of players being refunded. Mods did rollback dupe and spawn in items, I've personally seen it too. But even then, the players are the priorities and refunds need to be given to them.

An equal balancing needs to be found. Perhaps a mod vault? But that also has issues. A mod vault could work and you have to log every time you take out an item like they log bans. Not sure, but there has to be something done to get players possessions back.

9. Dooku333

Dooku333 Well-Known Member

No offence or anything but there are players waiting years for beacon refunds or rarer items... they donate their money for a minecraft server yet the admins are 'too busy' too refund them. Mods can't just find every single item - some stolen items are never tracked down, and those players that did work hard for those beacons, diamonds or grass like you said, are the people this is affecting just because of a few selfish people.

10. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    At least refund people -_-

11. THE_GAFFERS

THE_GAFFERS Active Member

Support , As Recently Getting Scammed I Did Not Get Refunded My Items By a Member Of Staff :D

12. corn doggo

corn doggo Experienced Member

It's not happening. There's no reason to support now.

13. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

I do agree with you, however, don't you have a TINY bit of trust in say, RobloxianRoblox or Krissy ? They're pretty trustful / old users.

14. CypriotMerks

This post might get a lot of hate but getting scammed is your own fault.

If I start refunding scams I guarantee everyone is going to get scammed and request a refund and it's only going to increase the rare items in-game and prices of those rares will decrease.

Perfect example why I don't refund scams.
    I can go on an alternate account and loot items from my main account. I will then trade the items I looted over to another account as I know my alternate account will get banned and the items will be worthless. I will log on my main account and report my issue to one of the online moderators. The account I looted from will get banned and a refund request will be put in place, if I refunded the looted items congratulations, I pretty much duplicated the items.

You see where I am getting at?

If you want to prevent yourself from being scammed contact one of the online moderators to watch over the trade.

15. CypriotMerks

I trust all of my moderators.

As I said, it's best only Crew and I have creative.

16. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Yea, I can see that for sure
    Economy inflation would happen a lot. You make a good point

17. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

Yes, I believe you. If Crew and yourself are the only people who have access to creative, would you think you could be able to become a bit more active then, seen as you and Crew are the only people who will be able to do such things as refund items. Yes, moderators can also, but what about all these people in the community who need big refunds? Like me needing a refund of 2 beacons and 59 diamonds, I've been trying to contact you for like ages cx

18. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I feel as though your "big refunds" are kind of what he was pointing at
    you notice that the person who scammed you has those items if they aren't retrieved, so if you need a refund, that inflates the economy

19. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

Ok. I'm not gonna lie, that is a pretty good example.

Oh, I wasn't scammed them. They were kinda griefed.

20. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

Yeah, we have a mod vault. Was pretty useful tbh.

Also, neutral as both sides have good points and explanations.