get to know you more

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by boba, Dec 26, 2020.

1. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    This is kind of like an Introduction thread but tell us about you! Here’s a template for an example, if you do not want to say something specific like real name, birthday, where you’re from, leave a dash, - , beside it for example:

Your name: -

It’s no biggie, and here’s the template.

• Your name, what it means and any backstory about it.
    • Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from.
    • What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible.
    • Your favourite hobbies.
    • What games you like to play and why.
    • Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them.
    • Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs.
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there.
    You can reply to each question and answer or give a block of your answers together. Feel free to add more.

Do not reply to this thread unless you’re replying to the questions. If you do, I’ll ask you to delete your message. Don’t troll.

• Like Like x 3
  2. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I’ll start:

Boba
    I’m from Toronto, Canada which is known for the CN Tower and poutine.
    English, French, Urdu/Hindi.

Je t’aime Mai (means I love you Mai; in French)
    Sleeping, eating, doing nothing.
    Minecraft because it’s fun and because of Skyblock. Among Us is pretty fun too.
    I did swimming but can’t because if COVID and played a bit of volleyball with friends.
    Lights Up - Harry Styles
    Blue and Grey - BTS
    Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

Love their songs, really nice, calm, energetic and motivating.
    I was looking for a Skyblock server and joined the original one, the community kept me here and they’re very lovely and amazing.

thank you :heart:

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  3. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    • Your name, what it means and any backstory about it. Pillow, from pilous, no idea where it came from but Geo chose the pillow thing
    • Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from. earth, the mammal called "humans" mainly inhabits it
    • What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible. english, tiny bit of german and french. Honestly not enough for a sentence
    • What games you like to play and why. minecraft, forager, rocket league, SMM2 Splatoon 2, and a few others, just since they're fun tbh
    • Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them. none really
    • Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs. ehhh maybe life is fun but I don't really have a favourite artist.
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there. I found it on the vote.skyblock.net website (minecraft multiplayer i think) and found it fun. And I guess since the community is so nice honestly.

4. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    • Your name, what it means and any backstory about it. Frez, its a nickname my friends (and ex bf) gave me and it kinda stuck
    • Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from. England, it rains alot

• What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible. I speak English and je parle aussi une petite quantité de Français, son généralement tort si
    • Your favourite hobbies. Kayaking and MC
    • What games you like to play and why. Minecraft bcs its fun and Among Us because its fun and kinda like what I wanna be when I'm older (a detective, not a murdering alien xD )
    • Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them. Kayaking and badminton are my mains right now but I play quite a few like football and rugby also. My parents have both worked at sea at some point (dad still does) so I've always been around water and kayaking seemed fun and it most certainly is xD
    • Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs. I like sooo many songs, but rn musicals and the 1975 are what I listen to most
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there. My neighbour and I played together and now its the awesome community which keeps me here :heart:

5. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

your name, what it means and any backstory about it.
    my name's mai! it's my nickname, taken from my actual name which is 'maisaa'. apparently it means "beautiful" or "confident" idk

where you’re from, some things about where you’re from.
    i'm not from here but i've lived in malaysia almost all my life. awesome place tbh i love the city so much!! petronas twin towers are breathtaking yes. i've always loved tall buildings (shout out cn tower boba)

what languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible.
    i can speak arabic & english fluently. i know very basic korean & french.

انا احبك - I love you

your favourite hobbies.
    i like playing games, editing on photoshop and premiere pro, listening to music, talking to friends, etc.

what games you like to play and why.
    i love call of duty, especially mw3 - it's my fave.
    i enjoy playing games like minecraft, csgo, pubg, among us, overwatch, stardew, etc.

any sports you play and what inspired you to play them.
    i don't really play much sports anymore other than badminton, but i used to play a lot of football and i also took tennis lessons when i was younger.

favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs.
    i love bts & the weeknd
    king of the fall / reminder / all of trilogy - the weeknd
    not today / begin / we are bulletproof: the eternal - bts

the weeknd has an insanely strong and amazing voice. he was the first artist i stanned and i was just in awe when i found out about him. he started from very humble beginnings, even his stage name has a deep meaning behind it relating to how and why he started making music. he inspired me a lot and his music is relatable in some ways and he makes music that is vibey as hell at like 3 am in the morning.

as for bts, the same thing applies. they started off from humble beginnings and made music that inspired the youth. their music is beyond inspiring and relatable, you feel as if they're truly giving you advice but through music. despite the majority of their songs and lyrics being in korean, they still manage to leave a huge impact on listeners that don't speak the language. the translations of their lyrics alone and music overall are extremely powerful.

what got you to play skyblock and what’s kept you there.
    i joined skyblock for the first time with friends when i was a lot younger. in 2015 i got back into minecraft and was server hopping and landed on skyblock. i was only meant to finish my island and then leave, but i had met dewmellon at some point and she got me donor10. i created a forums account here and recognized dewmellon and we became better friends from there. then she told me about teamspeak and since then i got really engaged within the community and had stayed. now here i am. i've made amazing friends on here and probably wouldn't have stayed/come back if not for them. it's surprisingly been five years and a half since i joined the forums and i've made a crazy amount of memories. thank you guys xo.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    • Your name, what it means and any backstory about it. my name is archie, , Archie means "genuine", "bold" or "brave" which is ironic cos my full name is Archibald (TERRIBLE name ik) some of my friends call me arch
    • Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from. from England
    • What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible? i can speak English and like 20 words in french. je suis en pizza (i am a pizza) ((yeah I'm that bad at french)
    • Your favorite hobbies. tennis (the whole family loves it) archery and other things
    • What games you like to play and why. Minecraft, geometry dash, among us
    • Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them. tennis, archery (reasons above)
    • Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs. I LOVE rolling in the deep by adele (my dad used to love it too and only just started listening to it again)
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there. i started playing classic on a different account (charliesmith2003) when i was about 8 (so 6 years ago) from some Minecraft server list

7. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Fun!
    • Your name, what it means and any backstory about it: I get asked this a lot actually haha but I quite like to tell the story :’) When I was younger I used to be into magic and I’d put shows on for my class in school, and one day my teacher said I needed a newer/better name (I had another one at the time). 52 comes from the 52 cards in a deck (I did mainly card tricks) and then one of my friends shouted the word phenomenon out to complete the name and that stuck! So when it came to picking my MC name I thought I might as well use that one as it was quite unique haha
    • Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from: I’m from England. It always rains here, like always. It’s actually raining right now, I hear it very loud on my window :’) Another thing you should know about England is that the north is better, Athyrix would definitely back me up there :’)
    • What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible? I speak English of course it’s my mother language and I’ve also been learning Spanish for quite a few years. Estoy aprendiendo en mi colegio donde tengo dos profesoras, mi llevo bien con ellas. Solo tengo un amigo de Español y se llama fran :’) me ayuda mucho con mi Español y me gusta que practicar mi Español con èl haha
    • Your favorite hobbies: Playing guitar, writing songs and watching football :)
    • What games you like to play and why: Just Minecraft!
    • Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them: Football because I’ve grown up watching it with my dad, brother and my cousin
    • Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs: Paramore are my favourite band! My favourite songs are Brick By Boring Brick and Looking Up. I just love every Paramore album, and when I was a kid I used to go to my sister’s room and we’d listen to them together! My second favourite band is the 1975, my favourite song by them is Robbers and another one but I shan’t say the name! Haha, my big sister also got me into the 1975!
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there: I got my first laptop for Christmas in 2016 and I remember seeing something about the Skyblock game mode so I tried to download some maps but I couldn’t figure out how to work them! Then my twin sister told me that servers exist for Skyblock which I never knew about so a quick search brought me here and I’ve stayed around ever since because I love the community here and I loved the gamemode in general. Also now that I am staff I love being on the team and I love being able to help out the SB players!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Bumping if anyone else wants to participate :heart:

9. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    • Your name, what it means and any backstory about it : I've got two names I can explain, first being GangstaPancake. I originally started playing minecraft back in 2014 on my sisters account, which used to be called GangstaGrace or something similar, I got the Pancake part from a friend I met a few years back whom had Pancake in their name. Since then i've been GangstaPancake. I'm also called Mizzo which is a nickname one of my friends from school gave me, it seems to have stuck. My dad also got called that when he was younger, coincident? I think not!
    • Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from : I'm from the land downunder, the upside down, Australia. Love the beach, though I don't like what lies deep within them o_O
    • What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible. : I can only speak English fluently, however I'm learning French at school.
    • Your favourite hobbies : I preferable like to game in my free times, but I also play AFL (Australian Football League) which is the countries "sport", I also enjoy swimming and I participate it 3+ hours a week, swimming in a squad (racing style)
    • What games you like to play and why : I mainly play Minecraft because of the community, I've always taken interest in the supportive minecraft community and I enjoy communicating with people. I play Among us mainly with friends here and there as well! CYTRUS!! eunice
    • Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them : I play AFL like I said above, I've been playing it since I was very young and I've never wanted to let it go. I was brought up with it so I've always loved it.
    • Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs : Hmmm, I have many favourite songs and artists, I like Twenty One Pilots, The Weekend, NF, etc. One of my favourite songs at the moment would be "How Could You Leave Us" By NF.
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there : I first got into Skyblock back in 2014 (I think) when I played on my sisters account on the shared family computer. In 2016, I decided to get my own account, I started playing there and quit when the new server released, I then came back in January 2020, only to leave due to stress from school and a lot of personal issues that I wont get into. Though now I'm back more permanently! I ain't going nowhere y'all, you're stuck with me for a while now ;). The community is really the only thing that has kept me here for all these years. They're all a blessing to be around and they're like a second family to me :heart:

Thanks boba :heart:

10. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Well my IGN is FalcoFalcon. This is derived from my real name (Falco) and its meaning. Falco actually is the species name in latin of Falcons.
    The Netherlands. Stroopwafel.
    • What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible.
    Dutch, French, German and English :)

Ik hou er erg van om te eten en te drinken.
    J'aime vraiment manger et boire.
    Ich esse und trinke sehr gerne.
    I love to eat and drink.
    As said above, eat and drink :)
    I PLAY MINECRAFT EVERYDAY
    None actually. They just dont suit me at all...
    Paolo Nutini. His music can be both happy and sad, so its good for every mood.
    Building extremely cool redstone contraptions.

11. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Your name, what it means and any backstory about it.
    my name is Georgia, but please call me Geo..."The name Georgia is a girl's name of English origin meaning "farmer". Georgia is so rich, lush and luscious, it's almost irresistible." That is one for the fact book! :)) Mlgeo is my new in-game name, and will remain that now because I cannot continue to confuzzle you all with my new names. Thank you to (NS) and Athyrix - I am not going to give it a backstory other than I'm MLG.

Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from.

I am originally born in the UK, emigrated to Australia when I was about 3 because my parents wanted a new clean slate, that was pretty cool...was raised there for 9 years, parents split up and now I am back in the UK with my mother and younger brother. Australia was nice and warm, contrasting a lot from England. People ask me a lot which one I prefer, there are many pros and cons about both so decided I am to remain neutral about both :heart:

What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible.
    well in secondary school I was placed in a German class, so I think I did about 3 years of that- learnt bits and pieces however it was tough because we always had a different teacher- one got fired for attending a lesson bladdered (Athyrix reminded me of you to be honest). I ended up dropping the subject because I couldn't focus along with everything else, it was tough and I wasn't as dedicated to the subject. Other than my rusty worn out Australian accent, I'd say my English is all I have going for me. I had a K-POP phase where I dedicated a few weeks to learning Korean- decided that was way to difficult at the age of 15 lol.

Your favourite hobbies.
    music was my hobby, I was in the school choir which gave me some amazing opportunities when I was in Aussie primary school. Also joining the school band where I picked up my love and adoration for the drums, I took up lessons along side it and it was something I felt so much passion towards...I performed a lot to my family- any excuse to get a drum kit in the house, but didn't end well because my parents said I'd wake up the neighbourhood. Uhhh, other than music I'm not really sure, I obviously love a good sleep but cannot rule that as a hobby lmao. I like reading despite my troubles with doing so, it helps me calm down and find that peace that I need when living with a 10 year old fortnite gamer- lord have mercy.

What games you like to play and why.
    this can vary, a lot. My favourite game(s) of all time are the fallout series, I don't know what it is about the games but I am super drawn and could play them on loop for a long long time. Fallout New Vegas has my heart because of my obsession to visit Vegas and that blended with the 'oldies' music just pulls it together ahaha. There are many other games that I enjoy...that much that I don't want to begin listing them all because we could be here for a long time. However I feel gaming is learning whilst doing stuff you enjoy, depending because some games are just...yeah.

Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them.
    I used to play football believe it or not, some that know me will know how lazy I have become since stopping it. Started when I was young, out in the sun kicking a ball was a lot of fun- bringing it up to date where I have stopped and gotten to that "teenage phase" of just watching it instead. My whole family shares the same love for football so coming together to watch a game can be a blast...if it wasn't for our different team favourites.

Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs.
    this can be sort of tricky, I love a lot of genres of music, mainly varies on my mood however I can admit I prefer 'soppy sad songs' because although they are sad they give you that sense of belonging and relation to a life event you may be going through. 50's era is nice, I love old music and sometimes I resent the fact I was born in the wrong generation. However chart music can have some good tunes as well- so I'm somewhere in the middle. My mother also brainwashed me from a young age so I do not mind the occasional 80's music either.

What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there.
    funnily enough I had a long thought about this the other night and cannot seem to remember how or why I actually joined the server...it was around 2015 so I can only assume I was just browsing new servers to join and stumbled here! Not that I regret coming here, I've met some of the kindest faces and most of you are better than the people I see on a daily basis...So all in good causes.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. cuteymeow

cuteymeow Active Member

IGN:
    cuteymeow
    • Your name, what it means, and any backstory about it.
    • My MC name was made about 9 years ago for an online RP sort of game, since then I've used it for all my games. Um, it was made cause I really liked cats and thought they were cute lol.
    • The US..... Not much I can say other than help me, please.
    • I can speak a little Japanese and Spanish... ゆり- Means my name which is Lily..... Romaji is Yuri...
    • MC and drawing.
    • Genshin Impact- ANIME, Caravan Legends- Also ANIME. Hearthstone- ANIMEEEE. MC- me has no life ;-; lol
    • Volleyball- nagged by my mom lol. Badminton- PE..... actually enjoyed it o.o.
    • Many..... Time to list them all yipee.
    • Imagine Dragons- Edgy music uwu
    • LeeandLie- Anime English covers o.o
    • Big Bad Bosses- Edgy music uwu
    • OffSpring- more edgy music, and my brother showed me this band
    • Call it Off- MO' EDGY MOOSIC lol
    • One of my best friends who likes to roast me, and also is a gaming fan, said to join this server 2 years ago.... Still haven't seen them online >:eek:..... I was forced to take a break for a year and a 1/2 due to not having a computer that could run MC.. I came back, and am staying cause it's one of the few things that give my life purpose lol.

13. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Do not reply on this thread then. Delete your message please.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  14. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    أنا أحبك كثيرا وأشتاق إليك❤️
    Well it started in like 2014. I used to play on my now alt account (hacked unfortunately :() thelegendarybert. It was originally my brother's friend account that he gave to my brother and my brother lent it to me until a year or 2 later. And then I think in 2015 I can't remember if it's 2015 or 2016 my friend dinjer gave me his alt account which became known as BertBerry. The bert part came from thelegendarybert as my names were thebert etc. And then the berry part came later which was inspired by ChibiBerry as we were great friends so I took the berry part and I kept changing my name to rhyme with others like for example bertgamer333 to match fungamer333 and then change it back to bertberry.
    I'm from Jordan. My mom is from Palestine and my dad is from Jordan. It's actually pretty safe where we live, at least the neighborhood we're in and the diversity of food here is so great and ofc v delicious L
    My first language is Arabic and then English. But I also know some basic Hebrew (learnt from my mom who speaks it fluently) but I also hope to learn more languages like Spanish and Japanese.
    I don't really go out much but I love walking and baking. But my parents forbid me to bake while they sleep since I once left the stove on under the oil ops :)
    Well minecraft atm but I used to play COD on my ps3 years ago lmfao. I'm down to play more games once I get a better pc since my laptop is ancient lmfao.
    Walking? But Im learning to jump ropes.
    I love twenty one pilots but I started listening to other artists like Billie Eilish and I gave the weeknd a try Today hehe.
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what's kept you there?
    I barely remember. I think it was my brother who found it on the server list or somewhere and got me addicted on it then he stopped playing and I'm still here. I'm glad I'm still here cause honestly the community is wonderful and the only reason I get on is to talk to people.

Hope you had fun reading it bffs gib cookies or bad
    إبعتولي نوتس ❤️♥️

15. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    hi I'll bump this
    Originally PCcoolguy100 - I was 10 at the time, in class, thinking of what a nice email should be. I knew that I was very interested in computers, and I thought computers were cool, so it just kinda came to my head like "PCcoolguy". This was already taken so, add an extra few numbers, yaddy ya, 100, pccoolguy100.

phr33z was a unique alias that I kinda came up with a while ago, and came to my mind after someone described me as a "33 year old african male" when I told him my Counter-Strike had frozen for the 7th time. It was originally just gonna be "freeze" or "phreeze" but these were all taken.
    I'm from Australia, I had a pet spider named Daddy Garry. A few weeks ago I sat on him. Another Daddy long legs came in so I named him Daddy Gazza. He's disappeared from his normal spot and I've yet to find him again.

Also had a wild lizard in the backyard, a few kangaroos that eat the bread we leave for them in the front yard, and a cat.
    I speak fluent computer jargon
    "Open your terminal, then ssh into your server so you can control it through your terminal"

I also did 6 years of Greek School and didn't learn much, but
    "Τι κανεις; Καλα, εσει; Μπορώ να εχω νερό;"
    (How are you? Good, you? Can I have water?)
    literally anything relating to computers
    I once completely disassembled an old laptop for fun when I was 11. I first got a computer at the age of 5, which was one of my dad's old ones, and I used that even though the battery in it was completely dead. Ran Windows XP and that was when I got into all the basics of computers, opening paint and drawing crappy F1 cars and V8 supercars, drawing soccerballs and connecting to the dialup in order to go on mathletics, only later when I was in Year 4 (or 10 years old) did I properly start learning computers, going into control panel and messing with things there, once in Primary School I nearly got suspended for putting pirated games and movies onto the school's public server. I miss Primary School, s*** was simple, damn

Other than computers, I used to learn guitar and now just play it whenever I feel like it, usually just fingerpicking the tune out of songs that I wanted to play. For a while I tried to learn FL Studio but ended up giving up, recently I've been feeling like giving it another go though.
    I love playing Minecraft, but other than that I enjoy CoD (especially the older CoDs, ie CoD4 and bo2), CSGO, GTAV (the drifting part of it, which I'm still learning), any shooter games
    I play Futsal every Friday for the fun of it, I might go back into lower-league soccer like I used to play. I guess I was inspired at the age of 3 or 4 watching EPL and the A-League with my dad, going to matches since I was 5. Watched all the World Cups since 2008 as well as going to an AFC Champions qualifier in 2009 (Oman vs Australia, Australia won 2-0 to my memory), been supporting and still do support Manchester United and Melbourne Victory to this day.
    I think my soundcloud says enough, I enjoy phonk, lowfi and bump to trance while speeding down the freeway
    phr33z | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    One thing I can be thankful to Greek School for is introducing me to Skyblock, while I was 10 some of the Year 11/12 students had macbooks and were playing a Minecraft server, asked them which, they replied "We're playing Skyblock.org". Later that year when I got Minecraft on my notebook I joined the server and have been playing it til today :<

I've said it somewhere else and I'll say it again - the community. The community around Skyblock has been the thing that's kept me coping, the thing that's kept me going all these past 6 years, to the people that I've dedicated not only small things but even larger projects to. A lot of things take longer for me to do because I can never be motivated to do it and some of these people provide the motivation that I so severely lack, and I thank them.

Love you all, always keep moving forwards, break the speed limit if you have to ❤️

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  16. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
      My name is MJ, I won't publicly say what it stands for, for privacy reasons. My dad actually got the name from spider-man. We are huge superhero/marvel fans in my family. (BUT IT DOESN'T STAND FOR MARY JANE OR MICHEAL JACKSON OR MICHEAL JORDAN, OKAY?)
      I'm from Georgia (USA). I've actually lived in the same town my whole life. Although Georgia is known for being in the south and has its own stereotypes, the town I live in is actually quite amazing. It's a college town so there are a lot of students living here.
      I can speak English, and that's really it, lol. Here's a sentence: My name is MJ. I do know some sentences in Spanish and some curse words in other languages, though (;.
      Honestly absolute favorite thing is binge-watching shows. Currently, I'm watching a couple of different shows with a couple of different people.
      - Fleabag w/ gabb y
      - Grey's Anatomy w/ my sisters
      - Criminal Minds w/ my roommates
      - New Girl w/ my roommates
      I have so many shows I've seen and plan on watching as well. Honestly, if you make a reference to a show on Netflix and/or Amazon Prime, I will probably get it. (Also I'm always accepting show recommendations, feel free to hmu with those).

I haven't been playing many games lately, but my all-time favorite games are:
      - Minecraft
      - ARK: Survival Evolved
      - Terraria
      - GTA V
      - Call of Duty: Black ops 2 (best cod game, change my mind)
      - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
      - Mario Galaxy (all-time favorite Mario game)
      - Mario Kart
      I play absolutely no sports now and have zero interest in getting into one now, however, these are the sports I used to play:
      - Tennis
      - Softball
      - Baseball (there weren't enough girls for a softball team)
      - Soccer
      - Gymnastics
      - Swimming
      This one is too hard. I'll just copy and paste my message from the skywars question of the day asking about my favorite artist:
      harry styles / wallows / t swift / niall horan / clairo / tame impala / the neighborhood / zayn / one direction / 5sos / bazzi / nicki minaj / ariana grande / khalid / onerepublic / coldplay / M83 / post malone / kodaline / lewis capaldi
      I originally started playing on Mineverse. Ironically, my favorite game mode was skyblock. It wasn't until later that I figured out Crew and Cyp were the legitimate CREATORS of the entire skyblock game mode and had a whole separate server for it. I started playing here and really fell in love with survival (now "classic", back then known as ".net" alongside ".org" aka economy). While still moderating on Mineverse, I ended up playing here quite a bit and actually made an island I was very proud of (I wish I hadn't reset it on classic :cri:). Then I ended up applying here and moderating for a little bit alongside my 2 other "Mineverse originated" friends Random & Exstatisfy (former forums admin) (can't find her @ :confused:). I've stayed here because I've made some of my best friends here and I never wanna lose the connection I have with them. fran and gabb y recently bought me a rank on economy so I plan to make a semi come back and have an attempted pretty island as soon as I get my PC in my new apartment. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  17. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    No
    Earth
    English and like a bit of french
    J'adore croissants parcue que ils est tres delicioux, plus delicioux que fromage
    (although cheese comes in a close second)
    I like computers and I love legos and I like to cook and I like to hang out with my friends and I like to build stuff out of old toys, like take them apart and use the little motors and stuff, and I like to procrastinate
    Minecraft
    Terraria
    Super Mario World
    Minecraft Pocket Edition Lite
    Street Fighters 2 Turbo
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Plants versus Zombies
    Fruit ninja
    Clash of clans
    Super Mario Bros Wii
    Mario Kart Wii
    Mario Kart 7
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Steamlands
    Portal
    Kerbal Space Program
    Planet Nomads
    Soccer
    Baseball (i hate this though because i get really anxious when playing it and nervous that I might get hit by the ball after getting hit in the face once)
    Tennis
    Track
    Cross Country
    Weightlifting
    Cycling
    Volleyball (only with a softer lighter ball, the other ones hurt too much)
    Raquetball
    Pickleball
    Golf

coldplay, muse, the killers, imagine dragons (only their og albums, the first 2), and a more I can't remember
    idk i was young and it sounded cool and my island sucked and my siblings lost all my grass but I rejoined a few months later and played but then it repeated like the first time but then the third time i had grown some braincells and was able to do good and haven't left since because its fun and i have few friends sometimes

togpuss if you reply and call me that weird name toirdghiebeaachheyreaoiuhg i will greif your island

18. gabb y

gabb y sock

Your name, what it means and any backstory about it: My name is Gabrielle. I don't know why my parents picked it, but I like it and it's French :baguette:
    Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from: I'm from New York, US
    What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible: I can only speak English but I want to learn another language
    Your favourite hobbies: I like to play the piano, read books, do workouts, study for my degree in healthcare management, and talk to my friends. I wish I liked watching movies/shows more but I get so bored just sitting there so it takes me forever to finish anything. My favorite shows are Fleabag (Clxrity :heart:), The Queen's Gambit, and It's Okay to Not Be Okay (eunice recommended :heart:)
    What games you like to play and why: The only games I've played recently are Portal 2 and Among Us. I want to play more Sims 4 in the future. I'm not really a gamer anymore though because I only like to play things with friends
    Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them: I did gymnastics, taekwondo, and horseback riding for a long time but stopped because of knee injuries. I do love all of them though and wish I still did them
    Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs: I like anything by Taylor Swift. She is great at telling stories and capturing the unique details of experiences so that they feel real. I also just love her voice and her latest style and her music is honestly therapeutic. Honorable mentions are BTS, The Killers, The Weeknd, PVRIS, Kodaline, Oh Wonder, Troye Sivan
    What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there: I've never played skyblock, only mineverse. I just know a lot of people here from the overlap between communities and being in the discord. I've stayed so long because my friendships on here mean the world to me and it feels like I grew up here.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  19. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

my name is eunice (pronounced u-nis), and there's not really a backstory to it. idk why my parents gave me this name. i actually used to be insecure abt my name LOL but people from skyblock (Mai) n stuff made me grew to love my name.
    I'm taiwanese!! but i lived in hong kong longer :p

but also BUBBLE TEA aka BOBA comes from taiwan !!
    i speak mandarin, it was my first language,

我愛你 (i love u)

i also know a bit of canto but i'm bad at pronouncing the tones right.
    i learnt french for 2 years ish, but forgot all.
    i also learnt japanese for 2 years too but hated that language LMFAOO. i only rmb the alphabet
    i love reading, making video edits, painting / sketching, listening to music, hanging out w/ friends, photography, etc.
    i play league and minecraft mostly and go through phases with both. like the times when i quit skyblock i was into league and now that i've been playing more minecraft i dont play league as much anymore. but both games i've been playing for years. atm i also play among us
    i play volleyball, and uhh two of my closest school friends play and they convinced me to join the team.
    i also enjoy hiking a lot, i go hiking all the time w/ friends
    i also used to swim a lot

as a kid i did martial arts, won some medals too :p
    THE WEEKND AND BTS r my main artists that i stan
    ^ idrk what attracted me to the weeknd but he was like the only artist i really stuck thru with enjoying like every single song of his discography and bts jus has a huge impact of my life on a whole, i have a really long story with getting into bts so i'm jus not gona explain it.

other artists i really love include black atlass (he always likes my tweets n is so sweet) & superm.
    honestly i have absolutely no memory of joining skyblock, but definitely skyblock has made a huge impact of my teenage life. i started playing as a pre-teen and now i'm almost an adult- i definitely would've been someone COMPLETELY different if it weren't for skyblock and the people i've met on here. i've made longlasting friendships on skyblock and honestly im thankful :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  20. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    • Your name, what it means and any backstory about it. My name Calidre was a complete accident and showed up as my MC username one day and decided I`d keep it. my actual name is Ronan and my parents thought it would be a cool name as its common in the UK area but over here it`s pretty uncommon
    • Where you’re from, some things about where you’re from. Canadian. Best countries. Timmies timmies, hockey, maple syrup, igloos, yadda yadda. But like seriously if you ever get to go try timmies donuts, the best. Canada is very snowy. We also have about 12 different seasons so don`t worry about snow On january first then melted and hot the next day
    • What languages can you speak, and maybe a sentence in that language with a translation if possible. English and like barely any french at all only because I had to take it during elementary school. Je suis très grand (I am very big lmao)
    • Your favourite hobbies. Favourite hobbies include playing piano, drawing realistic pencil art, making music, and video games. I tend to play video games waaaay too much and forget I have other talents
    Favourite games are:
    Overwatch
    Minecraft
    Star Wars Battlefront
    COD Games

These are all games I feel attached to and all games that I`ve grown up playing for years and they`re all a big part of my childhood
    • Any sports you play and what inspired you to play them. I play soccer (Football for you weird british people) every year. I`m not great at many sports other than soccer, the only ones I`m halfway ok at would include Frisbee, Volleyball and Badminton. Soccer I`ve always just loved playing ever since I was 4 and it`s the one sport I can actually play
    • Favourite song and artist and what do you like about their songs. Personally I never have favourite songs or artists. I listen to all kinds of genres and basically listen to songs because I like them and not because I listen to the artist. I enjoy all kinds of music and usually pick based on how I feel about the song specifically
    • What got you to play Skyblock and what’s kept you there. I`ve been here for 7 years now with like a 3-4 break in between. This server was my childhood. I spent hours with my friend playing on this from like 2013-2016. I grew up on this server and I came back because all the server brought was happy childhood memories