NA Fun's Trial Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Fun, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to my mod app. I am know as Fun (or JingleFun for the holidays :p ). I would like to state that I’m a girl (as some people get that confused :p ). First, I would like to say thanks for reading my app. I really appreciate it. People have told me that I should apply, so I thought I’d give it a go. Anyways, I would just like to say that I’ve been on skyblock.net and the forums for more than two years. I have seen this community grow up, and I really enjoy it. I decided to apply for staff because I realized that I really enjoy helping people out and making them happy. I have had a great time on Skyblock, and I would like to help others have the same experience. I would also like to mention that I am not applying for the power. I am here to help others and provide them with happiness. Again, thanks so much for reading this! :heart:

How old are you?
    I am currently 14 years old.

Your in-game name:
    fungamer333

My /nick is Fun or something along the lines of that (It was JingleFun for the holidays).

Which timezone are you in?
    EST (Eastern USA)

Which languages do you speak?
    I currently speak English and French. I am fluent in English ( it is my main language), but I am currently learning French. If there is a French person who needs help, I would try my best to help them, but my French knowledge is very limited.

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?)
    I believe I have only been banned once. It was back in 2013 or 2014. I was temp-banned for about an hour from /nick abuse. I learned from my mistake and quickly realized that it wasn’t ok to do that.

Why do you think you should be a mod?
    I believe I should be a mod because of many reasons. Instead of doing a huge, long paragraph, I have decide to list my qualifications for being a mod. This is why I think I should be a mod:

I am…

Honest- I can’t stand lies. Lies break people apart. I have gone through a tough family situation involving lies, and I despise them. I will tell players and the staff the truth. If I did something wrong, I will confess. When people ask me questions, I will give them honest answers and feedback. I will only tell the truth, and I will not manipulate people. Lies dig deeper holes than the truth ever will.

Responsible- I believe being responsible is a very important trait of a moderator. I know I am very responsible. I will take responsibility for all my actions and will never blame someone else. Blaming other people will never get me anywhere because I need to learn from my mistakes. I can also make my own decisions that will help others, and I can and will protect everyone on this server from harm.

Trustworthy/Reliable- I believe I am a very trustable person. You can rely and put your trust in me. I will never betray anyone as I would hate to hurt one’s feelings. If you need me to give something to a player, you can count on me to do it. You can count on me to be there when you need me. I will not goof off, but I will help you. Many people have told me that they trust me, and I am grateful for that.

Loyal- I am very loyal to this server (and all of Noobcrew’s servers). I will not shame it or its staff, players, and admins. If I become a staff member, I will not back stab the staff and players, and most certainly not Cyp of Crew. I absolutely hate people who gossip and hurt the people they call friends. This is in no way kind or acceptable, and all it does it tear people apart. Also, if you tell me a secret that you don’t want anyone to know, I will not exchange it with others and will keep it safe, no matter how big or small.

Helpful- I think this is the most important trait for a moderator. I believe I am extremely helpful. I love helping others, answering questions, and giving feedback. When I help people, it makes me happy. When people get scammed, I give them items to help them out. When people ask questions, I answer them fully and thoughtfully. I also give people my honest feedback and help them improve. I am a great advice giver, too. I like to help people accomplish goals by providing them will full content suggestions. I also make sure people are on track and doing what they are supposed to. I help people out with their issues and try to keep them safe from ‘bad’ players. If I cannot get the information for the player, I will ask others and make sure that the person in need will get the needed info. I see lots of people who message me for help, but I cannot help them and usually will direct them to a mod for help. When I help people, it makes me feel as if I am giving another player a better and funner experience on Skyblock.

Hardworking/Not A Slacker- This is a trait of mine that I learned while growing up. When I am given work, I give it my best, even if I don’t enjoy it. I will not slack on the job. I will work my hardest to get the job done and right. I am also very dedicated, as I usually get stuff done on time and right. I don’t like to be seen as someone who doesn’t try hard enough because I always give it my best.

Achiever/Doesn’t Give Up- When I am challenged, I don’t give up. In fact, who doesn’t love a good challenge? When I can’t find a solution, I do not go mope around and give up. I work hard and find the solution, even when it isn’t visible. I will help players solve their problems, and I won’t give up on them. I like to achieve and reach my goals in the fastest and most efficient way.

Mature- I believe being mature isn’t about always doing things where you have no fun. I think being mature is mainly about be mature at the right times. I know when to be mature, and I can handle serious matters. I will not lash out at people or handle situations the wrong way. However, I will take a joke seriously if it is harmful to anyone (which means that the person who is receiving the joke is offended and doesn’t appreciate the joke).

Kind/Loving- I am not rude to anyone. I am always kind, no matter how rude someone is to me. You don’t have to be afraid to tell me as it is, for I will not be rude to you about your opinion. I am kind to everyone, and I will not team up against anyone. I think that by being nice to others, you can influence them to be kind and help others.

Active- I am very active on Skyblock and the forums. On the forums, I am usually on and off of it for a total of 1.5 hours or more a day. I enjoy giving people feedback and helping others out on here. As in game, I am usually on 3 or more hours a day. I am either answering questions, building my island, helping players, or sell/buying stuff. You may see me chatting often in chat, as I tend to answer people questions more often than not.

Respectful- I will respect and acknowledge everyone. I will respect people’s opinions and will not come back with stupid or mean responses. I will respect other moderators and their choices. During a ban appeal and/or reports, I will respect what the player has to say. I will respect you and your opinions no matter what. Everyone has a right to their own opinions, and I will not disrespect you because of them (I might take action if you are hurting one’s feelings, thought). I will treat everyone equal and give you the respect that you deserve.

Unbiased- I am not a biased person. I will not go against or with you because of your religion, race, sexuality, or gender. Same goes for donors and non donors. If I am doing a ban appeal, I will not be biased based on your rank as I believe everyone should be treated equally and fairly. I will not take sides until I hear the whole story from both parties. Innocent until proven guilty, right? I will not ban anyone unless I have proof. Everyone should be given a chance to prove that they haven’t done wrong if they have been banned.

Not Fast to Act- I will keep this one short and sweet. If I am approached with something, I will not act on it in one second. I will think about the situation and apply my knowledge and experience to it.

Positive- I am a very positive person. I feel as if staying positive and happy will keep me at a good mind set. I also believe that staying positive will make others smile, be joyful, and have a good time. I always try to find the good side of anything and everything.

Understanding- One thing I am good at is putting myself in others feet. I will try to understand what someone is going through and give them my full attention and help. I am open minded and will not judge based on your religion, race, gender, or sexuality. I easily understand where other players are coming from.

Forgiving- I am a very forgiving person and I do not hold grudges. If you make a mistake, it is ok. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance to prove themselves right. If you are truly sorry, I will forgive you, because that is the right thing to do. Nobody is perfect and everyone finds themselves making a mistake every now and then. I will let the mistake you made help you and guide you, not ruin your experience. If someone is being mean to me, I will ignore them. However, if someone is being mean to another player, they are not going to get off the hook. In the end, if they are sorry and mean it, I will forgive them.

Friendly- I am a very friendly person, and I love getting to know people. I enjoy making friends and love to goof off with them. I will not disclude you from something or hurt your feelings. I always say hi, and I get along with others quite well due to this trait. I am friendly and kind to everyone I meet. I always try to make conversations with people and get to know them. You can never have too many friends! I love making a new friend.

Multi-Tasker- I am a great multi-tasker. It is easy for me to do many things at once. If I need to do something or hop on the forums, I will not be AFK in game and on the forums to do this. I can easily browse the forums and moderate .net at the same time. Due to being able to have more than one page on my computer at the same time, I can look at the forums and help out and watch for players in need in game at the same time. This way, I can help out on the forums while I have free time, but when I see someone on .net that needs help, I can be there to help the ASAP. Also, if I have more than one person messaging me at the same time, I can help both of them as well.

Experienced- I have been a member of .net and the forums for more than two years, and I am very experienced with both. I know how the forum works and can easily guide someone through the steps of reporting and/or other things the need help with. I also know how to use almost all of the commands on .net due to me playing for so long (even the donor commands). I believe that this experience is not something that you have, but you learn over time.

Knowledgeable- There are many things I know about Skyblock that is good for a moderator to know. For example, I know…
    -the forum rules
    -in game rules
    -the warps
    -illegal items
    -illegal to trade items

I know other things, but I thought these were the most important.

Fast Learner- I have never moderated a server, but I will get to that later. Because of this, I don’t know all of the commands (I know some) or all of the punishments for breaking the rules. Since I don’t know everything about being a mod, it is good that I am a fast learner. I can pick up on things really quickly. If I get mod, I will learn all of the commands, punishments, etc. very quickly.

I would like to let you all know that I am not perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, and I am not flawless. Everyone has flaws, and that is ok. We're only human :p

How long can you be active on the server every day?
    School Hours-

Sunday: 12:00 - 9:00 pm

Monday - Friday: 5:00 - 9:00 pm

Saturday: 3 - 8 hours depending on what is happening that day.

Summer-

Sunday: 12:00 pm - 12:00 am

Monday - Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 am

These times are when I CAN be on. I will most likely not be on the whole time that is listed. I will be on the server at least 3 hours on and off through these times everyday.

As for the forums, I can be on and off those everyday for about 1.5 - 3 hours total.

As you know, there may be times I can be on a longer or shorter amount of time. This is just a estimate. Things like family coming in, activities, holiday events, etc. can effect these times.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

No, I do not have any moderating experience (at least not yet :p ). However, I know a lot of the commands for mods as I have seen many mods while handling a situation. Because I am a fast learner, I will easily pick up on the skills of moderating that I don’t know. I might need a couple of mods to help me out in the beginning, but I will pick up on the commands, punishments, etc. very quickly.

Thanks again for reading my moderator application. I took me hours to complete this, and it means so much to me that you read it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Support Support x 7
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Edit: I just cleaned it up some :)

3. Blurted

Blurted Experienced Member

Full support. I often see you helping in chat and you're very active. Good luck!

4. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Support!

5. Layla

Layla Active Member

75% support.
    -I see you online sometimes, but not really helping.

You can help out just a bit more ;). Overall I love the application.

6. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Thank you so much!

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to help more often in chat.

7. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Support!

-Active
    -Friendly
    -Awesome
    -Helpful!

8. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Thanks for the support :heart:

9. Warrior Fang

Warrior Fang Member

Support!

Helpful
    Active
    Very Friendly
    You Have Helped Me Out I Hope You Get Mod You Deserve It:)

10. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    I support you even though I don't see tou in-game due to the different time zones. Th way you interact and hep people on the forums makes me really want to have you as a moderator

11. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Thanks so much!

Aw, that is so sweet, thank you :heart:

12. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

*edited

13. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I don't really see you a ton.. And I don't see you helping around much.
    Good Luck :p
    Neutral.

14. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Ah, sometimes I /msg people who need help because it is easier to see what the say back or what else they need.
    Also, I will try to be more active, thanks. It might be timezones, but idk. :)

15. chrix32

chrix32 Active Member

Full support. You show good traits of a mod and are always helping others.

16. Quantieee

Quantieee Well-Known Member

Full.Support
    ~ A lot of information provided
    ~ you are Active

17. ETMANrules

ETMANrules Member

80% Support, I see on all time but I don't see you helping out others a ton (Maybe it's in /msg)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Thank you! It means a lot.
    Yeah, when I see people who need help in chat and it isn't a simple as answering a question, I will usually /m them because it is more easy for me and them to talk. Thanks! :)

19. Holly

Holly Active Member

Wow this moderator application is really good and you seem like a wonderful person who knows what they're talking about! I only noticed one or two grammar mistakes (but they don't matter :p) and I can see you are very passionate about becoming a mod however I have only seen you online a few times but that is probably time zones :) I can also see you are quite active on forums as well!

I'm giving you my full support and it would be amazing if you became a mod X

Good luck!! :heart:

20. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Thanks! I worked really hard on my application, and I would love to become a mod to help others out :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.