Family Appreciation Post.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KhalDrogo, Sep 18, 2020.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Following on the trend of appreciation posts.....
    Most of us will admit that we spend more time than we should at our PC’s and not enough time with our families.
    They will be the ones still with us long after we stop playing Minecraft. They are the ones that we call on when we really need help. They are the ones that we would miss the most if they weren’t there.
    Take some time away from your PC one weekend to spend with family. Not just an hour but the whole day. Cook with them, play board/card games, go on a hike, talk to them about what they actually do in their jobs, learn something about them you didn’t know.
    Don’t wait for Birth/Mother’s/Father’s Days. It means much more when it’s not expected.
    And for anyone that isn’t that close to their family, do it anyway.

• Like x 8
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Cookie x 1
  2. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    My family has started to eat dinners together rather than eat whenever you're free. Even if conversation isn't always flowing, it's really nice to be able to sit and talk with each other. I do my best to avoid responding to Discord DMs during this time, and will only sneak in a response if urgent.

Family dinners seem boring, but being able to talk with each other is awesome. There are so many family jokes and moments that will come up during these times, and it's really fun to remember. I've been stuck inside with my family since March, but the readdition of these dinners brought back something I didn't know I missed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    as a side note: for those who are not close to their parents at all and have a bad relationship with them, you are not forced to reach out to them first. If they treated you poorly, them being your parents is no excuse for their behavior towards you. For some, Mother's and Father's day serves as an awful reminder for the things their parents did to them, so just as much as those who are able to contact their parents should, those who cannot should not feel obligated to do so.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Lockdown was tough for me but it did bring about a family meal every Saturday night where my mum cooks for us and we all sit down together. So far we're still doing it every week; I'm glad I could find some positives from the last 5-6 months when I actually had a pretty tough time with it all :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    Yes, spend time with your family, it’s important. I remember I used to be very busy and self absorbed, and I never really did much with my parents because of the age gap and we liked to do different activities (of course). The only time we would really spend quality time was during meals or some outings like shopping etc. Tell them you love them, or apologize if you sass them etc. One time I was tired from work and my dad said there was dinner for me. I said something like “ye later -stomps to room tiredly-“. That same day, his illness (which had been there already for years) finally got to him and ye he had to um nap at the hospital and he went to a uh nice place a week later. I always think about that time and wish I hadn’t acted snarky like that. He didn’t deserve to experience that from me. I don’t want other people to go through what I did. You never know what’ll happen.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    I wish I’d spent more time with my mum before she passed away. You never know how much you love someone until they’re gone.
    My dad is my rock and without him I don’t think I’d be here

• Like Like x 1
  7. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I'm really lucky that I have the most amazing relationship with my parents. Yes, maria makes me do lots of work around the house but it's all about helping after all! Something I love about my family is we always have dinners and lunches together - there's hardly been occasions where we don't. There's a bad side to that when people have a bad day.. but it's mostly great! Even on work trips when I eat dinner I facetime my mum or dad and we talk lol. Happy that my mum shares the same job as me, so she gives me a lot of tips and tricks on how I can do better and we have so many stories it could go on for hours. My dad has always shared my passion of travel and tourism and I only have him to thank for all of the places I've visited in the world. But what we all have in common is our love for food and culture. I'm so proud of my mum because she takes so much pride in her cooking and always makes the most delicious meals even when she's tired or not in the mood. I'm so grateful for my parents, but I hope they never stumble across this message (maria would not approve of the second sentence :hah:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. iva0o0

iva0o0 Active Member

IGN:
    iva0o0
    i stopped going on my pc where games run pretty great, swapped to my laptop which halves the fps id get on my pc just so id be closer to my family. at first i thought id get bored of it and go back aaaand now i dont think that anymore. i havent turned on my pc in a long time actually.
    altho not everybody has a pc+laptop. but taking some time from your day and just watching the tv with ur parents or being on ur phone while theyre around makes such a difference. being alone in your room on your pc its just like prison. so any positive change is nice, no matter if its small bcs things add up