Inactive FalcoFalcon's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by FalcoFalcon, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I certainly do think you have the potential to be a good staff member in Skyblock. Although, you have online been on forums for a month, and you are not very active on the Skyblock discord. I’m going to go neutral for now; but I will come back to this application when I feel is best suited and when/if I change my mind. :)

2. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Thank you for your feedback! I joined the Discord yesterday, so that is true.

3. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Neutral.

Very active on forums - I’d say from post farming as you’ve only been here a month but I can’t be harsh.
    Not quite active in game - I see you on from time to time, then again its probably time zones as I’m usually active from 4pm-2am my time (AEST). 10 hours or so (mid europe) behind is 6am-4pm your time, aka school for you. Benefit of the doubt.
    Not helping newer players/players in need when online - you can always improve on this.
    Getting to know the community - I understand you’ve been on the new server really ever since it came out - however you’re still quite new to the forums as well, as well as I rarely see you in the discord (I need to pick up activity in the discord so again, benefit of the doubt. I’m in 98 other servers so its hard to keep on top of things for me). This is shown by not having the “Active Member” tag underneath your name.
    Being on top of things whenever something happens - I see that when some drama happens in chat instead of trying to de-esculate something, you instead do nothing. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but this’ll need to change if staff ever looms on the horizon. On top of this the forums and discord is the come-to place whenever something happens on the server and no staff are online; those are the places where player reports happen.

This is pretty much everything. Good luck ;)

4. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Wow, a whole list!

Post farming is not correct. I post a lot (true), and I post multiple times on a thread, as you can see in the 'build comp thread'Building Competition! | Page 4 | Skyblock Forums

I am active for my time zone. I am on for about 8 hours per day. I do not see you a lot either...

I do help players, but that is via private messages. This is a way that you unfortunately cannot see... I will try and help more via global chat.

I do know the community very well. I am newer to the forums, true, but that shouldnt be an issue.

I have not really been in an argument, so I do not fully understand the point about different situations...

I am active, and check the forums every 5 minutes, so that is also no problem.

5. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Hello Falco,

I've seen you on a lot, and had many interactions with you in game. I'm going with neutral for now.

I think you're friendly and that you like playing on the server. I've enjoyed talking to you very much, and we've had many pleasant trades in the past. However, I think it's a bit too soon for you to be applying. A month ago you were still asking basic questions about commands and game functions.

My suggestion is that you take some time to familiarize yourself with game mechanics and memorize the answers to most common questions. Other than that, I think you'd make a much-needed addition to the staff team.

Good luck!

6. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Thanks for the feedback! I have grown a lot since then, and know most, mechanics from this server. I do believe that should not be a bad thing about me.

7. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    I'm unsure whether I've seen you in game much, so I'm going off of forums presence. EDIT: You're in fact right, I was incorrect here. heh

I can see that you don't seem to be aware of the basic forum rules yet; as here you're seen double posting.

As an applicant, you should know that this isn't allowed, and you can regularly see moderators correcting and merging posts where other members have double posted. I've been through your post history and can see that if these double and triple posts were merged, you'd have a much lower post count.

I can also see that quite a large fraction of your post count comes from a couple of threads,
    in this one you've got 16 separate posts. If I were you I'd look over the forum rules just to make sure you're not accidentally breaking them or post farming.

On the other hand, it's fantastic that you speak so many languages and I think that the server could do with a moderator who can speak so fluently in multiple languages.

No support for now, I'll look out for you in game. Good luck! :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  8. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    That bit about the posts is all correct. I have posted a lot, but I do know the rules of the forums.

You can make a staff application if your account is more than 2 weeks old, so that part of your feedback is incorrect. I have made my application long after I was allowed to.

9. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    My bad, you're right, that part about the account age was actually incorrect, I've removed it from my main post.

You're saying you do know the forums rules, but I have included evidence of you breaking minor forums rules. I'd just go over them if I was you.

10. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Yeah, I understand I was wrong in these situations... I could just have edited the first post and put the second part of the post onto it.

11. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    No support I naver have talked with you while this is not a bad thing I also almost never see u in chat or helping anyone

12. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Hi! Sorry that we have never spoken before. I do help people both in chat, but mostly through private messages. I am going to be more public about helping people. How can I make your no support into a neutral or even a support?

13. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I want to see u more in chat u seem like a good person so ill change to neutral

14. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Thanks everyone for all the great feedback already! I have begun working to try and get all those neutrals into supports! Any more feedback is always appreciated!

15. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Neutral. Basically everything I wanted to say has already been said by others.

Good luck :heart:

16. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Okay! Thanks for your feedback!

17. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Correcting on some of the slightly incorrect things I may have said (or may have misinterpreted).

I didn’t do too much in-depth research in your profile, but Laini obviously did - I guess I wasn’t wrong to call you out on post farming but at the same time I wasn’t right - as double posting/tripleposting/whateverposting is still against the rules and silently enforced.

I have seen you on more and more recently, more notably the past few days. I guess, while you have been on the server since the server’s creation, activity here still needs to pick up. Not having any reason to have a forums account is not exactly an excuse to not have one, even if it is the case (however I believe this as I did it myself, first joining Mid-2014 and not having a forums account til’ early 2015 when I started reporting cheaters in Skywars).

While my status won’t change as of yet, I’m happy to hear that you’re trying to work on your skillset to help more players and improve your reputation in the community.

I may change to support in the future - but it’ll definitely take some time ;)

18. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Hi- It came to my attention I haven't left feedback here.
    I'm saying neutral at this moment in time, I personally think this app needs more time and I also believe that if you continue the way you are going then you will have my support. You are starting to appear online and helping more people out, which is obviously a step in a good direction. We have spoken in-game quite a bit and you seem really friendly too so another added bonus. :D
    Best of luck!

19. FalcoFalcon

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Thanks for the kind feedback! I am most certainly going on the way I am right now! I understand it will take lots of time, as others also said!

20. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I have seen an increase in activity and helpfulness. Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.