OCE Evux's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Evux, Dec 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Thanks for the support Blyx! :)

2. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

You're friendly, online a lot and you help a lot. Support.

3. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Bump
    (Internet connection problems are still persisting but seem to be getting better)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  4. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
  5. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    I am going to lock my application. I have been quite inactive around the server, this has been due to my internet problems and my focus on school, once I pick up the pace at school I will definitely unlock this application, you will still see me around in game a bit, on the forums and discord. :)
    ----------
    If a Moderator could lock this application that would be appreciated :)

6. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    :(

Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

7. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Reopened on request. -
    I’m so glad you wanted to reopen this.
    Absolute resupport. You’re so dedicated and you do everything you possibly can to help people.

8. Budder2468

Budder2468 Active Member

Good Luck Have fun. Resupport :)

9. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Support we need more aussie mods the rest got killed by kangaroos

10. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    good evxux
    sarfd

support agsain

11. vCommand

vCommand Active Member

Re-Support bud

12. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Re-support. You are always very kind and helpful.

13. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Thank you all so much for the Supports and Re-supports! :heart:

14. Butters_SLG

Butters_SLG Member

Re-support. Keep up the good work ;)

15. Parrot

Parrot Guest

Resupport Evux

16. Sam

Sam Senior Member

So far all I can see is floods of support for you, which is good, whatever you’re doing keep it up. Despite the fact I just mentioned, I’m not going to support your application. This isn’t because you are doing something terribly wrong or anything, rather I don’t think you would fit on the team. Many people can express the abilities of a moderator well without being able to actually be a moderator. I can see from looking through your application at one time people told you to be more active on discord/forums. I can also see you took it to heart. Perhaps a little too much. I can’t speak upon your ingams activity because I’m never on and our time zones are different, but what I do see you doing for the most part is commenting on other people’s mod apps. One thing you seem to consistently point out is people’s activity on discord and then ask for their tag and this is how you seem to base some/most of your opinion on the applicant. Since you view other apps this way, I assume you view your own application the same. You are probably very active on discord, but I don’t think it is as important as you express it is. When I was a moderator, we had teamspeak rather than discord, but it was the same position for the most part on there. While it was nice to have the ability to moderate on there and communicate more with the community, I don’t think it’s absolutely vital to an applicant. The discord isn’t as active as in game and therefore doesn’t need as many mods monitoring it. Since I’m basing some of this off assumptions I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am. I would suggest if you want to improve, spend less time focusing on discord and what happens there and more on helping in game. I’ve seen a few comments saying they’d like to see you do that more. Also, a tip for helping in game: make sure you don’t just mini-mod and say the basic things anyone can pick up on after 2 hours on the server. Find people who really need help, go to their island and help them there and maybe even check up on them to make sure that they are doing well. You may already do this, but again I’m not active to know.

One last thing.
    You closed this application because you had to smooth some things out and such, but reopened it only just over 48 hours later. To me this doesn’t look good. Either don’t close the application if you’re going to reopen it that quickly or spend more time with it closed.

That’s all I can think of right now, but if you reply to this and want me to continue to comment on your application and such you can reply and then pm me to continue or even alternatively pm me on discord since you like discord.

17. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    I do often point out other peoples discord activity, at the start when I made my application I personally thought it was stupid that Krissy wanted me to be more active around Discord. Instead of arguing I decided to give it a shot. If I didn't get asked to be more active around the discord I wouldn't have ever been as involved and in love with the community as I am today, I want people to be able to get this connection with other players as I did and be able to use this platform as a tool to be able to help them navigate the skyblock community a bit better.

On page 1 and 2 I was quite naive at that point and I was willing on accepting any feedback I got to better myself as I was lacking quite a lot at that point. By page 3 I guess you started to notice me "taking the feedback to heart" however I was simply stating the reasons behind my lack of involvement in the community for 4 hours of my online activity. Now by page 4 I was getting a lot of mixed messages, Laini saying I was active very often "Practically all the time" Whilst Nitro had never seen me in game, at this point I was spending around 4-10 hours a day online). It was almost physically impossible for me to be online any longer at that point without sacrificing my lunch and dinner...

I don't believe there is any other comments asking me to spend less time focusing on discord accept this one. Correct me if I am wrong.

It's true. And I completely regretted it after closing my application. It was something I should have talked over and thought about more but I was not thinking straight when I closed my app. I was actually expecting more people to bring this up when I unlocked my application. In the future, if I am ever thinking of locking this application up I will make sure I talk it through and evaluate the exact situation.

Thank you so much for your feedback, I appreciate your honesty. :)

Thank you guys! :)

18. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I don't often reply to other users comments but I feel your critique isn't overly fair. Considering the fact Evux is in my timezone I get to see most of his activity and he has a good mix of discord and server and forums time.
    I, myself, was a discord admin and if I wasn't on the server I was on the forums or discord (regardless of how busy it was- which it wasn't overly busy in my timezone).
    From reading a lot of this feedback you are denying his application based on his responses to other apps and what you believe to be his priority rather than looking at what he is actually doing. It is fine to recommend the discord because there are benefits in networking outside of the server when you are staff, such as and increased awareness of the needs in the community and what the community needs are more staff that communicate to players.

If you are not active enough to know the applicant then perhaps giving advice would be adequate but not supporting is a little unfair.
    But people have the right to say what they think.

19. Sam

Sam Senior Member

When I said “I’ve seen a few comments saying they’d like to see you do that more” I wasn’t referring to discord, rather helping in game. I’ve seen other comments saying that, not about discord.
    And yea I’m not trying to attack you or anything, my response ended up being a bit longer than anticipated, but I had a hard time getting to what I was trying to say in a few short sentences. Good luck.

As for Krissy’s response
    I made a post critiquing Evux, I’m not saying what he is awfully wrong, I even opened my response with whatever you’re doing keep it up because he’s doing well and garnered a lot of support doing so. He’s doing plenty well, but that’s not what my response was focused on.
    Just because a politician is a good politician, doesn’t mean I want to vote them into office. I’m not supporting because I don’t think he is the kind of moderator I would want to see become a moderator. I have other candidates I would like to see. I am simply not *voting* for him per se. I wouldn’t be upset or mad if he got it, he’s just not one of my top choices for moderator.

20. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Congrats Evux! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.