Global Enable Invisible itemframes

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by CraftWithAbbie, Feb 28, 2024.

1. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    I posted this before last year but still think this would be a great addition.

In vanilla we can type - /trigger if_invisible

And it toggles an item frame invisible or visible again.

This is fantastic when it comes to displaying items, which can blend seamlessly into the blocks it's being placed on.

For mapartd, this then enables a block to have a map panel added. Without the wood border of the frame showing. These can be combined to help display maps to a higher quality. Building a mapart with clear glass as a platform, and void beneath would create transparent maparts, awesome for custom build ideas

The item frames would work along the lines of a blocklocker sign, where you look at the item frame, and type the trigger command into chat. Itl toggle that item frame invisible as long as there's already an item in it. If there is no item. Or the item gets removed, then the frames automatically turn visible again..

This shouldn't add to server strain seeing as it's essentially just a texture pack being changed. But this is already enabled in vanilla minecraft so why not let us use the option too on skyblock.

(Link to view gif) 1528115029_invisible-item-frames-2.jpg b6f8c-17063419086066-1920.jpg

[​IMG]
    maxresdefault (1).jpg 1d6req4utpu41.png be1dslqgnuw71.png

Edit: another benefit of this, is you can attactch tools to an empty tripwire hook placed on the side of a block. These work as tool holders similar to item frames, and are a vanilla tweak that's included with the invisible frames. I think these and skyclouds suggestion with custom armour stands would all bring so much creativity to the server

• Support Support x 10
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  2. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    Support! Would be cool to get new armor stand variants as well! Imagine the creativity people will have with floating items! (and lag lol)

Ik its easily addable with just a single datapack, like this one from vanilla tweaks
    https://vanillatweaks.net/share#5eoarg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Yeah having custom armour stand poses would be amazing. To create new characters and builds around our islands lol. I've suggested it before. Hopefully one day we can see these two suggestions in game

4. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    hmm support! Would be a fun addition!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    omg plsplsplsplsplspslpslps this would be so so so so damn cool, but do you need to type that command on every item frame or does it just do that for all the ones that have been placed?

^ nvm i just saw the gif

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  6. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Yeah, its done by looking at the item frame. And typing the command ( command could be changed to suit skyblock better)

Each one at a time.

But when the items are removed, it resets the item frame to be visible again

7. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Bump, because we could be including so much creativity with this suggestion.

The custom armour stands suggestion would also be so cool for having miniblocks, unique and fun way to show of your friends player-heads and those rare drop heads you wish to display in museums.

Screenshot_20240312_234701_YouTube.jpg

8. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Support this. It is very vanilla but incredible for decorating!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Bumping bcs invisible item frames are awesome

10. Aadindin

Aadindin Member

IGN:
    Aadindin
    Support this as well. Nice to have invisible Item frames! :>

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Hopper

Hopper Member

IGN:
    Hopperjumperk
    Omg So Cool, Would love to see this get added

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Also the custom armour stands would be great, here's a couple examples of how that looks. You can also use blocks as a hat on armour stands, and then have that armourstand place the block on a surface, making miniblocks an option

In my examples, I've used custom player heads and a custom armour stand pose. This can create custom figures around your island bringing more life and fun to the server.

(Ignore that the armourstands are facing wrong way, thats just how my schematic saved them as )

Screenshot_20240327-154345.jpg Screenshot_20240327-154401.jpg Screenshot_20240327-154411.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  13. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Bump because plssssss :happy::egged:

14. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Bump, another benefit of this, is you can attactch tools to an empty tripwire hook placed on the side of a block. These work as tool holders similar to item frames, and are a vanilla tweak that's included with the invisible frames. I think these and skyclouds suggestion either custom armour stands would all bring so much creativity to the server

15. luka

luka macdondalds Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Make sure when you bump a suggestion thread with further information, the extra information is also edited into the original thread post!

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. emil733

emil733 Member

IGN:
    emil733
    I like this idea :D Support!

• Agree Agree x 1