NA Emerald_x's Moderator Application [.NET]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Emerald, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

To be honest, whilst discussing his VPN issues, he showed no sings of aggression nor was argumentative, I disagree.

2. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Mini-modding (or backseat moderating) is when a forum member acts like a moderator or administrator without having the authority to do so.

When you try to "help" in situations that directly ask for a moderator, you are minimodding. When you give incorrect advice that a moderator can give correct advice on, you are minimodding.

3. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Not I have seen many other moderators say things back to a person's opinion. Take some mods for example, if someone tells them something and they disagree, they would automatically state why and everything. And that is what I have done here. That is not arguing, I am trying to prove a point on my comment. Arguing is more talking back to them and saying other things, then trying to prove them wrong less much of the harmful side. I do not see any harm in my comment, therefore it is not arguing with that player, it's just stating what they said might or might not be true.

4. poggers

poggers Senior Member

People are giving you feedback and you are constantly disagreeing with it. I see you do this in game and on the forums.
    ^

5. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    This can also happen in game to, not just the forums.
    "When you give incorrect advice that a moderator can give correct advice on, you are minimodding."
    I have never heard about that before, but I will transition that one. Others usually misconcept information and say it wrong, but saying information wrong is not acting like a mod. Where you stated that a moderator can give correct, that is just showing that the moderator knows that fact more than the player has told another. I will use your idea on this, and won't do this that often. Moderators always make mistakes, and so do players. I do not understand how "giving incorrect advice is mini-modding"

Quoting that again, if people disagree you always do not have to accept it. They can be totally wrong while you can be right and discuss it to show why you are right. If you want, I can tone done on that.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  6. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I have accepted a lot of feedback, only a few like on this page I have talked to that member about. Disagreeing is a part of being a moderator, since no one can make perfect desicions all the time. It takes time to have an argument to discuss what is happening, how can I fix this, and what will happen if I do fix this. If you are saying I am disagreeing in a different way, I get it, I am trying to tell the player that what they are saying might have more to go with it, and I have other reasons why I disagree.

7. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Jesus christ..
    this is what i mean by way too mature acting.
    There's a difference in how friendly and boring people see you between:

"Hey, thanks for your support :) I'll try to work on that"

or

"Hello there, thank you for your reply. I appreciate the positive feedback from you, as a player and important observer of my actions that lead to my acceptance or denial as moderator, and will will respectfully work on my qualities to become a better player, moderator, and player in the general future.
    Have a nice day,
    $NAME$
    "

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  8. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

I totally agree. I was having a conversation with Emerald and he is acting way too mature and acting like he was the boss.

Changing to no support. You overreact over the simplest of things. You expressed a lot of anger during this little conversation we were having and I have no idea why.

9. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I'll try to tone down the high maturity.
    Not trying to start an argument, but when you started to explain why I was wrong you were wrong since it was my opinion and you shouldn't fight over what I believe in. I understand, thanks for your reply.

10. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

You literally wrote the perfect starting line for an argument. Congratz

11. CombatComedy

CombatComedy Member

Support. Really helpful in-game. Nicely written app Emerald.

12. iSolur

iSolur Member

SUPPORT!!!! But Emerald all mods have /lb players have /lb just /lb and /lb help not anything else [Lockette] is a thing SuperMod's can do so edit title to SuperMod application ok,

@JadonMitchell I have this name cause i have acc's cause i never got my confirmation email LOL

13. iSolur

iSolur Member

Support 10000000000000%

14. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Thanks ;)

I know moderators only have more specific commands for logblock, but you are correct that players do have /lb help.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  15. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    As I have stated in my appication, I help in message so it does not spam chat and some other reasons.

16. Nissan_350z

Nissan_350z Member

Support. Good application. Hope you become mod!

17. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Thanks ;)

18. BlindSightmare

BlindSightmare Member

Im being Neutral.

I don't see you like quote-on-quote "helping" players if they need it on .net and I sometimes see you on the forums (maybe because i don't have so many messages). Though, you do sometimes make a big deal out of something small or dumb. Though I will wish you the best of luck on your application.

19. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Thanks for your feedback, I'll be sure to work on that.

20. 127clifton

127clifton Member

You are always helpful when I ask, You have my support:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.