Economy Economy Update - March 14th, 2021

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Noobcrew, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Grips23

Grips23 Active Member

IGN:
    Grips23
    woo! this should be cool to play with, thanks dev for the custom work, the sub chunk seems a little hard to work with, maybe if it was a few tall, maybe 3 or 4?, would be a bit easier for building with levels with a gap for player height/ease of movement, or if that's a bug/intentional I'm not sure, and if we could the piston limit buffed for stone gens to work that would be very welcomed too

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    The lag today has been almost nonexistant, the croppers are making my farm awesome, and it only took 500k to make 3 levels, which should generate tens of thousands a day. Economy has gotten so much better and I am very glad you chose to take it in the direction you did. Thanks noobcrew!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo doesn't like this, It's hardly Minecraft anymore.
    Farming with magic hoppers?
    It's not creative, It's not fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Go and play survival then.

• Old Old x 1
  5. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo already does play survival. You know this so your comment is a bit odd. But that’s no surprise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    They didnt totaly have an option the lag from vanilla was too bad

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    This sounds fun to play around with. Thanks Crew!

8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Didn’t say they didn’t have an option, just said Drogo doesn’t like it. Seems some sensitive sorts aren’t happy with that.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  9. Grips23

Grips23 Active Member

IGN:
    Grips23
    if you have another way to fix suggestion to help with lag I'm sure noob is all ears, otherwise I feel like this is good medium ground or a good point to start at least, better then harsher hard limits on islands isn't it? we still get farms, but income is much easier now from this that is for sure, perhaps a buff to grass price, seeing as you dont need Redstone or pistons and the build effort is much low, maybe it should be priced closer to sand to help balance it out?

10. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Other suggestions have been made such as removing of natural mob spawning and adding of /warp hostile.
    At least one operator of a large scale mob farm/ lag machine is currently banned which may also have something to do with the reduced lag.

11. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    ya b
    but even with that the biggest issue was the massive pumpkin and cactus farms

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Yeah. Some people have mentioned that it might be good to drop crop prices and aim to have more people selling cooked meat as it’s easy to have spawner limits in place. Spawner prices may drop now as farming crops is so very simple now.
    Just realised we’re still in the update thread and a bit off topic. Sorry noobcrew, carried away in conversation.

13. vvyovx

vvyovx Member

IGN:
    vvyovx
    Your statements are uninformed to the current state of Economy. As far as I'm aware, you have not personally experienced these changes due to massive cheating and lack of sportsmanship. These changes are positive and encourage less laggy farms while fixing many players urge to default to flawed designs with constant light updates, idle entities, and most importantly flowing water + moving blocks. After these changes, the entity count has halved and continues to decrease as people remove their lag machines encouraged by these changes. I am happy as this doesn't affect our general ability play while giving an option for users to not affect the server nearly as much as before. Unlike what you suggest, natural mob spawning is not close to the primary factor that caused lag for the server before this. Yes, it is a change from vanilla mechanics, but it's minor affecting almost nothing in both redstone and gameplay making it a creative solution superior to the currently suggested alternatives.
    -vv

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    This is not the place to argue. This is a changelog thread to showcase new updates on the server. I suggest to the both of you to discontinue your argument here. If you wish to talk, go to DMs. This is not the place for this. Any further unnecessary messages that do not correlate with the updates or are disrespectful may/will be deleted.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  15. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Couldn't agree with you more.

• Old Old x 1
  16. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    I just wanted to take a min for a little personal thank you to everyone for being so onboard and ready to work with us and use these crophoppers.

I know a lot of you had to completely restart farms etc but thankyou. Especially those who help others set them up ( thanks Megan for the brilliant guide). This really has been a community effort.

TPS has been brill recently (from what I've checked) and I'm sure you all can agree that it was very much worth it.

Thankyou once again ❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Level 3 croppers only collect 2 items per second, not 3.

18. DarkHussar

DarkHussar Active Member

Nice
    True