Denied [DUMMYBEAR] my /nick perms [eunice]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by DUMMYBEAR, Apr 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUMMYBEAR

DUMMYBEAR Member

IGN:
    DUMMYBEAR
    yoooooo can I get my nick perms back since I did my time and know not to abuse them, I wanted an Easter themed nick for the holiday (DummyChick)

idk if this applies to the normal format of an appeal since it wasnt a ban but here it goes

• Punished account name: DUMMYBEAR
    • Platform or server punished on: Skyblock
    • Ban message if applicable: N/A
    • Have you read the rules? Yes
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? i think it was correct at the time but now isn't since I was already banned for a week
    • Why should you be unbanned? I did my time and should get perms back since I was punished accordingly already
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: banned for nick abuse and banned for spam a few years ago
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: Nope
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? Yes

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Hi Dummy, thank you for taking the time to appeal again.

I will repeat what I've said before. You were not just punished solely for abusing /nick. Your ban time was a time for you to reflect on all the rules and code of conduct that you disregarded.

Either way, just because you did your time already does not mean that I should be giving you your perms back. Being banned is a time to allow players to understand their mistakes; to grow and learn from them. However your previous responses tells me that you do not care to own up to the mistakes nor do you understand the severity of your actions and words. That much was evident in the deleted appeal that you "don't care about".

You have to take responsibility for your actions and make up for it.

You response fails to tell me why I should trust you with /nick perms.

3. DUMMYBEAR

DUMMYBEAR Member

IGN:
    DUMMYBEAR
    The reason I think I should get my nick perm back is because as I said I already was punished with a 7 day ban which as you said was a time to reflect about my actions, but if that's not enough you can just keep them away if I were to abuse them a 2nd time, which I wont and you can just take them back with the blink of an eye. You dont need to take up a 10 hour coding session in order to take them back and I understand that at the first sign of disregard you wont hesitate to do so.

I also have a $200 rank that should have /nick as well... I think it would be fair. And it doesn't really matter if my past ban was solely about nick abuse or not because this appeal doesn't relate to literally anything else other than the /nick abuse. not like my /nick would have been taken away for staff disrespect so why should any other incidents be a cause to take away the nick, as long as it isn't directly correlated.

"nor do you understand the severity of your actions and words."

You are not doing the Skyblock server a great service by taking away my nick perms. I can assure you that my nick will no longer be of such immense torture and harm to the lovely people of Skyblock. I have also mentioned my future actions I have planned to do with /nick for reassurance such as the easter themed name DummyChick (sounds cool innit?) plus future events like Halloween or whatever comes after Easter idk.

"You have to take responsibility for your actions and make up for it."

I will do my part to make up for it by proving I can be trusted with /nick perms and that I can use them without abuse : )

Summary: you can just take them back if I mess up again [100% Justified]

XOXO, Dummybear
    Happy Easter 2021 Everyone!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  4. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

My point earlier was made to address:
    The ban time you had to go through was not just for the nick abuse. You were using /nick to bring up insensitive topics but your ban as a whole also took consideration of the disrespects and harassments that came from both the /nick abuse and cross-server abuse. Your attitude and response in the appeal felt like you didn't care at all about your actions and words. Which was why I believe that having your nickname perms removed was a fair choice after you deleted your appeal.

You were using /nick to conduct staff disrespect and harass staff. So yes it is correlated. The ban was a result of you disrespecting fellow staff and being inconsiderate by mentioning sensitive/inappropriate topics despite multiple warnings. I went a step further to remove your /nick perms because you abused that perk.

Having a rank does not exempt you from abusing perks that you are given to break server rules.
    This is mentioned in the 'Terms and Conditions' that can be found on the shop website.
    You used your /nick perms to cause harm and hurt other players within the server, and that is something we do not tolerate. As stated in the Skyblock shop's terms and conditions, staff have every right to remove perks from a player if the perks are misused.

You should prove that you can be trusted with permissions by showing me that you are committed to following server rules. Letting you have perms again just because it can be easily taken away at some point is not a good enough reason.

I hope you can finally understand why this punishment was set in place. If you would like to have your perks restored, please focus on where you went wrong instead of finding reasons to argue that this punishment is invalid. Only then will I consider restoring your /nick perms.

This appeal will not be rushed. Feel free to create a new one when you think you're ready.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  5. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Thank you for creating an appeal, but unfortunately your appeal has been denied.
    We strongly recommend reading through this thread here for any future appeals!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.