EUR Dough's Re-Application :]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by athyrix, Apr 14, 2018.

?

Did I do well as a moderator last year? haha

1. Yeah, decently well.

33 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No you were trash I hate you.

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I'm not opinionated.

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

upload_2018-4-14_15-59-59.png
    Hey, I’m James – or more commonly known as Dough. I was a moderator on the classic server for just under a year, but then resigned and I deeply regret it now. I took a side of another staff member, and found out that they were in the wrong and I messed up really badly, and I resigned, and to be honest I don’t really know why but I really miss my job and I’d love to get it back. I’m currently 16 years old and I live in the UK.

What is your in-game name?
    My in-game name is Jxmesss_ but you’ll see me nicknamed as J or James. Some people still call me Dough, as that was my previous name and sometimes I even have the nickname Dough on.

What time-zone are you in?
    I’m currently in the BST (British Summer Time) time-zone.

What country do you live in?
    I live right at the bottom of England, UK.

What languages do you speak?
    I speak multiple languages but the main ones I know are French and Portuguese and I can speak to people in those languages to help them.

Do you have 2 factor authentication enabled?
    I still have my 2FA enabled on this account, as I’ve already been staff before and haven’t removed it.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc.)?
    Yes I do. I have Dxtory (which I’ve used to film multiple things on the server), Gyazo for images and also Gyazo GIF for short evidence capturing.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
    I like this bit a lot.

Helpful
    I think I would be a great candidate for the staff team because I’m extremely helpful and I’m always answering questions in chat and in private message. Most of you may know that a couple friends and I had created the /warp info which was a huge success on the classic server and helped multiple people. I’m also always willing to enchant or fix items for the people who don’t have the commands.
    -
    Active
    I am extremely active on the server and on the forums. I am a Senior Member on the forums and I participate in lots of competitions and discussions on it and I am always willing to pitch in on ideas and take part. Usually I am able to come online when requested unless I’m out. (Please check schedule in the below section for more information on activity.)
    -
    Passionate
    Most of you knew that I spent ages applying for the moderator position and I really regret resigning. When I was staff, I really enjoyed it and I looked forward to logging on and seeing what problems I would deal with on the day. It’s a great job, and I’ve always liked working as a staff member.
    -
    Friendly
    I am a friendly person to people who approach me, which is a good thing because then they feel welcomed. (Please see funny but strict section). I care about every single individual on the server and I want everyone to feel happy and welcomed when they join. This has a big outcome to the community.
    -
    Fair
    There are 2 sides to a puzzle, both of which have to be looked at in detail. Default, donor, it doesn’t matter at all. They both get the same punishment, just because someone gave money to support the server, does not mean they get the perk of being immune to punishments. Every situation should be thoroughly looked at and assessed maturely at the end.
    -
    Funny but strict
    I personally think I have quite a character and a great sense of humour, which is good for talking to people, over that, I can also be firm with people, which is great for people who are repeat offenders. I think that I'm a nice person to be around and I can cheer people up when they're feeling down, which also links into my friendly trait.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Being honest with myself, I'm on all the time after school and on the weekends because I have nothing better to do, but I'll be at least online for 2 hours every day (Mon-Fri).
    Mondays: 17:00 - 21:00
    Tuesdays: 16:00 - 21:00
    Wednesdays: 16:00 - 21:00
    Thursdays: 16:00 - 21:00
    Fridays: 16:00 - 00:00
    Saturdays & Sundays: Pretty much all day.

Please note that these times are flexible, I have a huge commute home from school which takes usually 1-2 hours and if there are any delays or cancellations on the trains I won't be able to come online. Usually on the train there is free WiFi so I can play while travelling home.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

I've been playing Skyblock for around 2 years now.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

If you exclude the time I was banned for when some staff members 'joke-warned' me then no, my record is clean. (Same with mutes, kicks and warns - excluding the kick from the console for posting the link of the server shop :()

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Yes, was an ex-moderator here and I think I did reasonably well (I hope).
    Accepted - [Og_life] Griefing [James][Accepted] | Skyblock Forums
    This is an appeal that I was handling.
    Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
    Yes, I do.

Thanks for reading my application, hope it was interesting enough to keep you reading to the end.
    Feedback is much appreciated. :)
    James

• Support Support x 21
    • No Support No Support x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    SUPPORT YES
    Let me give some reasons why:

-He’s active
    -He's friendly
    -He never stopped helping
    -He was an active moderator in the GMT 0 / BST timezone (where we lack mods).
    -He had almost a year of experience

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. Theo

Theo Active Member

IGN:
    Theooooo
    I fully agree with laini, support!

4. Fennifer

Fennifer Active Member

Obvious support, you were a great mod last year

5. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Yasss Jame finally

I fully support you due to these reasons:
    - Activeness (even if you live across the pond)
    - Literally you are on all the time go to sleep for once
    - Good balance of humor and seriousness
    - Hardworking
    - Actually knows what they're doing
    - Friend(ly)

gl my fren

6. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Jame!
    You’ve got my full support (not because I miss you on the team or anything). You were a great mod before and I’d love to forget about the whole thing that happeneed after your resignation.
    thank you for applying now and not in a month :heart:

7. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    SUPPPPORT I dont even need to say whyyy

8. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Woo James!!! I know you're very much capable of staff just as much as you were before. Support. Come back my mentee :heart:33

9. Parrot

Parrot Guest

I miss you James! Support!

10. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    This would’ve been a good April Fool’s joke...

Support daddy

11. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    So much support! You were a great moderator before but this isn't the main reason for my support- you're extremely active, helpful and all round polite.

Good luck James :>

12. vCommand

vCommand Active Member

Support reasons above

13. Jbnorman

Jbnorman Experienced Member

IGN:
    jbnorman
    But you resigned a little over 2 months ago. Why did you resign? Have those reasons changed?

You are a good, kind, helpful person, but I believe that you will soon resign again. What can you say to convince me that you won't resign?

14. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    He explained exactly why he resigned, he knows what he did.

15. athyrix

Thanks Laini :)
    Thank you, Theo!
    Thanks haha!
    Thanks bunny, and I do sleep! :p
    Thank you and so do I. :)
    Thank you Bert :D
    Thanks Boss I missed you as my mentor :c
    Thank you :heart:
    I don't know whether that's supposed to be a compliment or not but I'll take the support, thanks lol.
    Thanks 52!
    Thank you : )
    It's approaching 3 months now and I've - as well as others - thought that enough time has passed because everyone knows how much that job meant to me. The reasons have obviously changed and they look stupid right now to me, and I can convince you that I won't resign because I have 100% learnt from my mistake and how much I've missed the job. I can't please everyone, but hopefully this gives you a better overview. :)
    -
    IllegalWiFi - could I have some constructive feedback please? Many thanks.

16. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Sorry but neutral. As much as it seems that I want to see you be moderator, I don't think the conditions of the staff team are healthy for you to go back because of past experiences.

17. Jbnorman

Jbnorman Experienced Member

IGN:
    jbnorman
    Alrighty, I will give you another chance. BUT if you decide to make another mod app, I will not support it.

18. athyrix

Could you elaborate please? I didn't break any rules such as leaking.
    Thank you so much, you will not regret it!

19. Dooku333

Dooku333 Well-Known Member

Support I see you online a lot helping all players that ask for it. You'd be a good mod if re promoted!

20. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I did not mean it like that, you did nothing wrong, it's just that the environment of the staff team may not be the best for you at this time as part of that was from your resignation and it is still the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.