Economy decrease the /sell all cooldown

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by UrsusMaiorus, Jul 6, 2021.

1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    With the addition of the cropper, crops are now mass farmed. Basically, a very large farm produces more than 1 account can ever hope to pick up in 45 seconds. The change was originally implemented to reduce lag cause people were spamming it every second. I believe the cooldown should be 30 seconds. Just a nice quality of life change that doesn't truly change too much about the server and should be easy to implement.

• No Support No Support x 7
    • Support Support x 2
  2. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    This would make auto sellers even more money.

If you’re collecting more than one inventory of pumpkins per /sell all as of right now, decreasing the cool down makes it so you can sell the amount quicker and be able to collect those extra pumpkins that you were normally losing and be able to sell an inventory even more often. 1 inventory every 30 seconds will make you way more than 1 inventory every 45 seconds

3. Blade2344

Blade2344 Member

IGN:
    Blade2344
    i can just agree with calidre here.

4. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    yes but is that a positve or negative

5. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    It's a bad thing

It means the limit for the amount people can earn from auto selling is increased which is not what we want since you could potentially reach a full inventory of pumpkins faster than you could right now

6. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

there is technically no limit

7. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    There is a limit

The technical limit would be two accounts selling a full inventory of pumpkins exactly after every moment the /sell all command becomes available, that's the limit that is legal of course if you don't include breaking the rules with more accounts

8. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

there are other ways to sell faster

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I think we have to look at what is best for the active server members and not whats best for afk money makers. The means reducing the profit potential from afk methods of farming and giving those who manually sell more benefits. Thus reducing the cool down would give advantages to afk sellers where they already make money effortlessly. But if the issue is producing more product than can be held there are other things that can be done.

For example storage space in crop hoppers could be increased if you pay x amount of money (in game currency) or do x activity (yes the requirements should be purposely hard to get).

But to be honest i think just managing the overflow yourself is the best action and maybe having some chests ready to put spare pumpkins in and sell them when the cool down is up. Ofc I would guess there needs to be a revisit into the idea of automation if people are unable to solve the issue they are having with excess pumpkins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    If you are able to fill an entire inventory every 45 seconds, 24 hours of afk nets 1.504m per account, some players have a max farm on two island and can afk both accounts, netting up to 3million over a 24 hour period, even with losses from clag, restart and all that, you can make 1.4m with 1 account and 2.8m with 2 accounts, that is a massive amount... I think 45 seconds is fine, I also agree with Krissy's point that proper active players deserve more benefit to those that afk

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  11. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    The legal limit per account is one full inventory every 28 seconds......approximately.

12. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    yes, although with the cooldown that can't be achieved through using sell all

13. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Not using ‘sell all’ alone, no.
    But one can legally autosell one inventory every 28 seconds.