Death of Skyblock

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Megacrusher4200, Oct 10, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megacrusher4200

Megacrusher4200 Well-Known Member

Skyblock has gone through multiple ups and downs, but this "down" is one that will remain permanent. Earlier in 2018, we would average around 150+ players. Now, we average less than 50. Skyblock's community has gone downhill by quite a bit. The forums rarely have anyone on, and this is constant, weekend or not. We don't do any special events like we used to when CypriotMerkz was the Co-Owner. Why? Because it's dead and nobody would show up. Players who were here since <2013 would understand (If there is is even anyone during this time period reading this). There's absolutely nothing to do and the game is boring as hell. I returned after a 1 year break to something I most certainly won't come back to. This is quite sad, but people move on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Old Old x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    It only has gone downhill because over the summer (and parts of may as well) a lot of people were not in school so our player count went high. Now that school has started a lot of players have left and only come on at certain times. This is why you probably see 50-80 players sometimes. However there are other times when we would get around 130 players but you have to be on at certain times. Lucky for me I don't start my classes (Monday-Thursday) till 11 in the morning so when I sometimes get on, there's a lot of people :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OnlineDuty

OnlineDuty Active Member

This type of thread has been made so many times it's actually hilarious. People have been saying skyblock is dying since 2015. You don't know that this 'down' is permanent. That's exactly what everyone else said when the player count goes down a little. And if skyblock does die, so what? it's not like you have to announce it. These threads always end in toxicity and are never helpful.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Megacrusher4200

I mean, you're not wrong. And yes, I've seen multiple posts like this. However, what about the discord server? It isn't as active as it was before.

5. Megacrusher4200

Yeah, like I stated above, I've seen these before. What really made me decide to post this was the discord server. You used to see people in general voice a lot, but now you rarely do. You know what I mean?

6. luckynumber56

luckynumber56 Well-Known Member

ThE sToNkS mAn We'Re In A rEcEsSiOn NoW!!!

I remember crew unlocking the player cap once and it reached over 800, which was insane, but it was also at a peak of players for Minecraft as a whole. I'm open to it being a possibility of its end coming, but really nobody knows.
    I just hope he's not paying overkill for server resources given the player count currently, cause money.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  7. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    what “special events” lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    The only 'special events' Cyp did were the annual drop parties for Easter, Christmas, and Halloween. Crew still does these drop parties so I am not sure what you mean??

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Sumner

Sumner Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Apparency
    legends never die

10. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Skyblock will probably close down (hopefully not soon) with a good number of people still playing it. It won’t truely die.

But there isn’t any point to bring this up I think; not unless it’s followed by some perhaps ideas or preferences that would make people want to keep playing.

No matter what happens the best thing for people to do is just play the server instead of worry about the end. If the server is no longer enjoyable, you don’t have to play. But hopefully coming back in another amount of time will see something new and exciting.

11. Flame135

Flame135 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Flame135_
  12. OnlineDuty

OnlineDuty Active Member

Why not title this thread "Skyblock Discord server is dying" then. People have branched off that server into their friend groups as they would much rather have a chat with just their friends rather then the whole community. Really simple stuff here

13. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    There are loads of events. Usually still an average of 150+ players so this post is very irrelevant.

14. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    I'm dead inside, but the server not yet at least.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s really sky block, I think it’s the fact that less people are playing Minecraft on why the player count is down. Yes we all loved playing classic but time has changed and a lot of new players are on the new server and they love it.

16. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    For anyone mentioning, we aren't going anywhere.

If I were to one day close down the server, it would be a time where the game of Minecraft isn't played itself and that's not going to be happening for who knows how long. I have no issue running it, as i've done since 2012 now.

I understand you have an opinion, but saying this down will remain permanent isn't true. If you're talking about in terms of player counts and comparing to how we were a month or two ago, it's because it's no longer summer. The day summer ended, we dropped in players of course, people now have less free time to spend and school is back in session. It's always like that. This trend is visible on any other server if you were to look at their player graphs. When summer is a 2-3 month long "every day is the weekend", it feels like the server is always active, now it's all about what time it is. If you login late at night, you'll likely see 80 people online. But if you login during the day or on a weekend, you may see upwards of 150-200.

We get quite a bit of new players daily too, at least 700-1000 on weekdays and more on weekends. You can just watch the new joins in chat, it goes off pretty often. Most are new players to Skyblock itself that found us due to being the official Skyblock server.

When it comes to certain things going on, we have quite a bit of updates in mind, and really have plans to scale and grow the server as a whole. This takes time, so in the meantime we've been doing other things too and just been trying to make the current experience better and better.

Anyways, it's hard to view certain things sometimes and your own perspective can get in the way. It may be easy to think things are going south when you may already be bored or view things as stagnant. But to someone else, it could be completely new to them.

Will be closing this thread, has been talked about quite a bit and many times before. :p

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.