Dating in Minecraft... Really?

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Police_Squad, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Police_Squad

Police_Squad Member

Hey everyone. So on my awesome days on sky wars, I run into a lot of weird things. Hackers, Trollers, Streamers etc. But today I ran into something that has been going on for ages. MINECRAFT DATING?
    [​IMG]
    Ok so I don't wanna be seen as the person who takes everything away ok. I am totally supportive when it comes to freedom of doing whatever you want. A lot of people know me for supporting people's rights on that server. However, this "Minecraft Dating" is kind of strange. In my opinion, it is so sad. It's sad! It is so sad, it's terrible. Everybody knows it is silly and sad.

Look there are a lot of young players on the server which I totally support (When I talk young I mean 11 and below. I am 15 which is still counted as young to adults) To me, 11 and below is a young age, and they can do whatever the heck they want. They are learning. However, on rare occasions. I see people I know from skype. They are 13, 14 15. All in that range, and they date.... in minecraft... I mean how could we be so stupid as a community to allow these people to do this? Dating a 64 by 64 pixelated figure for love is so sad. It's terrible. Again I am not hating on the younglings here ok. They are young and I did that kind of stuff when I was young. But 15 years old? We need to grow up! I am worried for the players that date in this game. If they date on a server, then they must not have any real-life social skills, which I think is terrible. Believe me I am not hating on them for no reason. I want to help these people who date. I want to help them get better. There is a social issue going on inside their minds and I wanna fix it. I am not asking for the mods to make Minecraft Dating Illegal. I simply ask the players of the server to really get into discussion with these daters. Everybody knows it is so stupid, yet we have people doing it.

I want to help treat these people, and help them be successful.

2. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Jennie remember when I dated you

3. dolpinmilk

dolpinmilk Well-Known Member

girls are scared of me and this is my only option!!!!

4. MrFudgyButtons

MrFudgyButtons Well-Known Member

Didnt read half of it... theres minecraft servers with marriage plugins and stuff

Anyways, let em do what they want :p

5. Police_Squad

Police_Squad Member

If you actually read it then you would see my position. I do want to let them go with it, as long as they are young xD

6. Jennie

Jennie Senior Member

IGN:
    Supermonkey000
    shut your mouth.

Also why would it only be okay for young people? That's like saying if you're under 12 you can get away with theft, murder even. Age doesn't decide what you can and can't do. Age doesn't define what is a 'sad' thing to do. Some people like eachother for their personalities while meeting over a game. So what? It's like online dating but with actual fun included. Honestly lots of people do it because not everyone can find someone who they connect with IRL. In no way is it sad. It's just a different type of online dating.

7. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Gemini ily

8. Exasperaties

Exasperaties Well-Known Member

OP is ignorant...
    So... your opinion is based off the assumption that all the relationships would be during MC alone? Only on a server?
    ... Ignorance, so whats the difference between dating someone from a server, or as you call it "Pixels" and long range dating? I mean... Emotions are emotions, if some are limited to MC alone, so be it. However a lot of them are not only mc, theres a lot of calling, texting, talking, doing anything you could when you're not with someone irl... Smh

9. Cheshrawr

Cheshrawr Well-Known Member

Minecraft dating annoys me at times, but I can see why it happens- you spend time with people you are able to develop a friendship, then develop feelings. And if its innocent love then its fine. But this is coming from a guy whos been in an online relationship for over a year now and is planning to move in with my boyfriend at some point

10. Exasperaties

No offense, but its kinda comical that a 15 year old is talking about social issues and growing up... Like, if you could give me a full psychoanalytical breakdown of the brain and where these issues stem from, I might take this as less humorous.

11. Sam

Sam Senior Member

U play Minecraft
    Wanna date

12. Exasperaties

...The younger ones are the ones that should be stopped, especially if its an older person using and manipulating a younger, the mental scars from that immature relationship will be far longer lasting. Especially since the brain is developing still in many different stages. Older relationships are more mature, and flexible with what can happen, an 11 yr old cant buy a plane ticket, however, a 19 or 20 year old?

13. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I can tell this is a knowledgeable subject for Shane.

14. Exasperaties

Can't tell what you're insinuating xD

15. Police_Squad

Police_Squad Member

This isn't MatchCraft. You are a great mod. but your statement, which I say with respect, is wrong.

16. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

Honestly, sure, they should be able to do what they want. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against that. It's a game, after all. But still, younger ones are much easier manipulated, and as Exas said, it might be a much older person behind the screen, and if that escalates any farther, it's a severe problem for everyone related to that, and I think it's just easier if we avoid that entire situation.

17. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Much experience
    Much knowledge

18. Police_Squad

Police_Squad Member

This isn't MatchCraft. You are a great mod. but your statement, which I say with respect, is wrong.
    14 year olds are shifting in the corners acting "mature" to you? I don't think so sorry

19. Exasperaties

Meh, well due to quite a few people trust me as a "older brother" figure or someone they can trust, I hear a lot of it from people. Along with psychology and sociological topics interest me.
    Experience, debatable, I have one person I care for and can't even talk to them.

20. Police_Squad

Police_Squad Member

Look I respectfully disagree with you on the whole age thing. Many young people can be smarter than some adults. 9 young inventors who may just save the world | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Read that if you want. Super exciting. They have done more than you ever will. It's the truth sorry xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.